Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

White moose cafe

(50 Posts)
NaughtToThreeSadOnions Mon 22-Jan-18 23:07:20

I appriacte I'm probably talking to the Irish MNETERS, and tbh probably quite a risk, cos it will probably end up on Paul's social media. But is anyone aware of Paul Stentson and the white moose.

Ok for those that don't know Paul isn't shy of letting his opinion be known, and I believe half of it is an act. He's famously had run in with vegans, Brazilians, Breast feeding mothers, ed Sheehan fans, just to name a few. He uses these run ins as publicity, saying that for every person that takes against him, there's at least double that talk about him and intend to visit the white moose, a bit like the Poundland campaign before Christmas.

And I have seen some fairly vindictive attacks on him, from vegans who seem to think no one should eat meat, and by a radio traffic reporter who deliberately seemed to go out of her way to leave bad reviews on cafes around Dublin on trip adviser. But resently I don't know, he's established a fair bit of celebrity and he seems to be going out of his way to be in funny.

Over the last weekend a small uk youtuber blogger wrote an email, asking for a discounted room, in return for social media exposure. Now I would say that this blogger brought some of it on herself, as it wouldn't have taken long to google and find that Paul is not tolerant of this type of cheeky fuckary, or tbh social influencers. And as is Paul's style he posted the email on his social media with his typical blunt response. However now he's making house of cards style videos about this incident, sending the blogger an invoice for millions of pounds because this the value of the publicity he's gained apparently.

Now I wouldn't mind but he's best friends with the sacconne jolys, who are, oh yes vloggesrs, and influencers, so he's effectively slagging off his best friends.

And he and his partner resently toured hotels in Ireland, offering prizes etc and they were offered this because they themselves are influencers. So isn't he being hypocritical.

Is it all right for him and his partner to spend week staying at several hotels in Ireland in return for publicity on social media but when it's the other way round he goes ballistic.

Does any one find him funny now. Does anyone else think he's little stunts are boring and he's devioped an ego.

He also hates critism and will probably screen cap this and put it on his snap chat.

Charismam Mon 22-Jan-18 23:10:44

an seo

This has been discussed already, you might be interested in the thread.

My take is two people who live off attention on the internet have generated a lot more attention on the internet.

I do have to laugh at his directive that coeliacs will need a doctor's note.

Nonotmenori Mon 22-Jan-18 23:19:39

I find him hilarious. He's a wind up merchant who loves a reaction and boy does he get that.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Mon 22-Jan-18 23:23:28

Ah I must have missed the thread.

Ah see that's the thing I do find the jokes at gluten intolerant and vegans fairly funny because their arguments are annoyingly one way and not based on science. But I'm just finding it all seems to be for attention.

But that's the thing isn't it they live off the internet, just like the blogger their shaming

DreamyMcDreamy Mon 22-Jan-18 23:36:55

He's a bullying idiot and there's a massive thread on this already.

Cracker09jacker Mon 22-Jan-18 23:42:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tectonicplates Tue 23-Jan-18 00:20:44

As a "slightly older" person in my late 30s, I don't give a shit about Youtubers. I do understand what they do, I just don't find them interesting. I'm getting sick of their sense of entitlement. If I want to find out about restaurants, I'll look up reviews written by the general public. They're surely more likely to less biased reviews when written by people who actually paid for their meal.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Tue 23-Jan-18 02:20:17

cracker those are the things I find funny even appealing about him. He'll stick up for his staff till his last breath. He's even rescued one of his staff from after being robbed on holiday. Loved that he had the cojones to taken on eir over roming charges. The walk of shame/movie posters is brilliant.

Since he's been making the more polished film, everything seems to go too far.

Oh well like I said I think she's brought some of it on herself, if she'd researched the hotel she could have predicted that she'd get that reaction.
The older generation don't understand social media, I'd argue that Paul understands and uses social media better than pretty much any one no?!?!

TheHungryDonkey Tue 23-Jan-18 06:53:25

He’s a massive attention seeking wanker. If that’s what social media is for he’s mastered it.

ArchchancellorsHat Tue 23-Jan-18 07:19:35

To be fair, when he made that post, it didn't have her name on it, he'd blacked it out. No one would have known she was a freeloader who didn't do even the most basic research unless she'd posted something wailing about how upset she was.

DreamyMcDreamy Tue 23-Jan-18 07:53:19

To be fair, when he made that post, it didn't have her name on it, he'd blacked it out.

Yeah, did such a brilliant job of blacking it out that apparently it soon got pointed out that if you zoomed in far enough you could work out who he was humiliating.
Don't really blame her for putting her side across, waking up to all that and everybody sending you abuse I probably would too.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Tue 23-Jan-18 08:11:26

Anyone who doesn't have a job and describes themselves as an "influencer" deserves what they get imo.

ShatnersWig Tue 23-Jan-18 08:21:25

You do realise the cafe Facebook page has increased its followers by almost 40,000 in one week as a result of this. In terms of social media, he plays the game far, far better than the so-called influencer.

But like anything related to humour, his style will appeal to some people and not to others. His cafe and hotel now get people staying or visiting from all over the world due to his antics. On an almost nil marketing budget. For a small, not luxury premises on a ring road. From a marketing point of view, his a genius - yes, a lot of people will be put off but as many, if not more, love what he does.

He doesn't really ban vegans or bloggers or charge breast-feeding mums corkage (how could ANYONE have taken that last one remotely seriously goes to show just how little sense of humour some people have). And, as one who follows him, he treats his staff EXCEPTIONALLY well and a lot of bosses could learn a trick or two on that score. Taking them all for an all-expenses paid long weekend to Paris and Disneyland this month and going to do that every year? Top marks.

She tried to blag a four-night Valentine's weekend with her boyfriend. Had fuck all to do with anything remotely connected to her usual vlogging (which tends to be about Primark to young teenagers). He called her out. Because loads of small businesses get this shit all the time. There's a small bakery in Liverpool who even got approached to make a free cake for X-Factor judges in return for free tickets to the auditions. HELLO? How much money do the judge and the production team of that show have and they expect a small business to just donate stuff. Fuck that shit.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Tue 23-Jan-18 08:34:44

Oh shatners yes i do realise that, but there's doing it and doing it well which, up until this point, he has in a genuinely funny way. That was one of the most ridiculous things as I have said if this vlogger had done her research she'd have known social media attention really isn't something Paul is short of. And that's the irony he has a massive following and far bigger than her.

But while we're on the subject of small business blagging things, last month there were two hotel cafe/hotel managers that went round Ireland staying at places like powerscourt and castlemaryter for fee have a guess what their names were . I'll give you a clue...... first name.....Paul.... surname ......Stenson

ShatnersWig Tue 23-Jan-18 08:37:51

Naught Difference being..... they were OFFERED them. They didn't ASK for them.

notacooldad Tue 23-Jan-18 08:44:05

I don't mind him.
He plays the media/publicity game whenever he spy's an opportunity and his fans love him for it so it seems like he is currently winning.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Tue 23-Jan-18 08:50:19

Point is shatner HE IS AN INFLUENCER as are two of his best friends! And he is only too willing to take advantage of the privaliges that affords him and Jason, he is a becomimg a massive hypocrite and oh by the way he treats his staff well I don't see him offering those trips to Anna, Tommy Chris Aga etc, people that make him popular. He takes them for him and jason

I've said repeatedly in the case of this scecific vlogger yes he was right to call her out and it was cheeky fuckary.

And the first post and response was funny making over the top press conference videos and as for the cost ofvthe marketting i was actally fasinated by the potential cost, something i actally think businesses should be aware of hes getting publicity for free when their spending that much . But again he has to take it to far and send the invoice to the vlogger it becomes bullying and over the top

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Tue 23-Jan-18 08:52:59

Point is shatner HE IS AN INFLUENCER

Becoming an influencer is very different to declaring yourself to be an influencer.

NerrSnerr Tue 23-Jan-18 08:55:58

It’s working isn’t it? I would have never heard of him or his businesses if people didn’t talk about him on here and other social media platforms. Same as KH, if people just ignored it would go away but they don’t, there are endless threads, tweets and FB posts. It’s what they want.

taskmaster Tue 23-Jan-18 08:59:41

So isn't he being hypocritical

No. He actually does something, he runs a cafe and hotel, and has an online presence because its good for his business.
She's a daft bint with none of that.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Tue 23-Jan-18 09:05:53

So why doesnt he just manage that hotel rsther than blagging free trips around ireland for him and his partner.

If working hard was qualification for being entitled for free hotel stays, then am i entitled, i work hard and i have a disablity. Is his local garda allowed to stay in his hotel for FREE (i know they have a discount in the cafe) is his doctor allowec to come in and help himself to a burger then. I mean they actally do something. He wasnt doing something while him and jason were on their litttle road trip was he other than stayong in other peoples hotels tje same as the saccone jolys do, etc

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Tue 23-Jan-18 09:09:12

And he manges the hotel were are the free road trips for anna aga chris tommy you know the people who actally work in the hotel and cafe. If doing something is qualification for being able to blag free things why dont they get to blag things

And im not talking about the trip to disney land because paul paid for that.

ShatnersWig Tue 23-Jan-18 09:11:48

I am so screenshotting this to Paul. He'll love this. MN is huge untapped potential market. He needs to alienate MN as much as vegans, bloggers, breastfeeding mums. The publicity he'd get will be even greater than Bloggergate.

You're sounding rather bitter about this and taking it incredibly personally, OP

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Tue 23-Jan-18 09:19:10

Yes exactly! Shoeing exactly the problem. Paul is above critism im screen shotting it so paul can go off on one abput how everyones so evil to him.

Yet oh its ok for paul to go over thd top anf verge on bullying As ive said repeatedly the vlogger was wrong and shes a total idiot for trying it with paul.

I sound bitter, how am i taking it personslly, im asking why paul is above his own critism a critisim thst i generally think he has a point about.

Im pointing out thst he himself if able to blag his lovely free stays in hotels as by the way ate two of his best friends.

Ive noticed youve not answered wherd anna chris tommy aga lovely free trips around ireland are?

They are as mych charcter on tje social media as paul amd jason are bit they dont get free stuff do they?

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Tue 23-Jan-18 09:25:56

Tell me something shatner if anna saccone or jonathan joly were to emsil castle martyre or powerscourt and go "hay were vlogger were comimg to stay in ireland wotj put children hay give us a free room for the week" and castlemartyre put up on facebook paul would be the first to defend his friends. And its not even the facebook post im concerned about that is typical paul, amd it works.

As ive said im acyally fasinated by how much he saves i think its an awesome stragy. To actally here the estemated figures involved, was brilliant. Whst im concerned about is the hypocracy of an influencer verging on bullying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now