Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Come hither gin drinkers

(16 Posts)
pinyata Mon 22-Jan-18 21:15:58

I want to jump firmly on the gin bandwagon, my instagram is full of lovely pink gin drinks and lovely looking g&t's.

I tried drinking Bombay Sapphire and Lemonade in my late teens (because I thought it made me sound sophisticatedblush).

This is the extent of my Gin knowledge, please wise Mumsnetters guild me in your Gin drinking ways

CAAKE Mon 22-Jan-18 21:20:06

I'm in the habit of having an evening glass of Bloom gin with Fevertree tonic, served in a short glass with ice. Bloom is quite floral in taste (I think it has honeysuckle or something in it). I really like a traditionally made Hendricks too.

AhAgain Mon 22-Jan-18 21:23:43

Sipsmith London dry gin, the yellow fever tree, some ribbons of cucumber grin

My other favourite garnish is a sprig if rosemary blush

YouBetterWORK Mon 22-Jan-18 21:37:18

Bloom is good with lemon and elderflower tonic. Bombay is good with lime squeezed round the rim of the glass and squeezed into the glass. Hendricks and cucumber is the balls.

Aldi gin is also supposed to be very good. Opihr I think actually works better with a cheaper tonic than the posher ones.

We had some Thomas Dakin stuff which I've been informed is very nice indeed, however I'm upduffed so that will have to wait; along with some Two Birds strawberry and vanilla stuff. We weren't too keen on Whitley Neill, DH ended up using that to infuse with rhubarb.

I also like the Pinkster with raspberries smile

weegiemum Mon 22-Jan-18 21:38:35

Rhubarb gin is nice, but my favourite is Isle of Harris gin - lush!

drquin Mon 22-Jan-18 21:41:04

I love the ginventory app .... almost as much as I love gin!

It matches "ideal" mixers with different gins.

I'm loving Shetland Reel gin at the moment, particularly their special edition (57% proof) for Up Helly Aa .... expecting 2018's version shortly.

If you like a tangy-taste, Persie is good ..... just a basic tonic with it, doesn't need any other flavour.

YouBetterWORK Mon 22-Jan-18 21:44:30

Oooo I've just googled isle of harris, that does sound nice!

Blizy Mon 22-Jan-18 21:44:40

Oh good thread, I too am just trying out gin. However, I don't like tonic water so I'm interested to get some mixer ideas. Today I bought some fever tree ginger ale and Fentimans rose lemonade.

DingDongDenny Mon 22-Jan-18 23:02:09

Rock Rose is my favorite - lovely bottle too

AthenaAshton Mon 22-Jan-18 23:05:06

Sipsmith VJSOP. On its own, from the freezer. 57.7 percent proof, IIRC. Though I am not drinking gin of any hue at the moment, as I am too fond of it. sad

LollipopViolet Mon 22-Jan-18 23:06:46

Recently got introduced to Monkey 47 - lovely gin.

I'm quite new to it all, so my go-to is still Bombay Sapphire - will look at the suggestions here.

SorrelForbes Mon 22-Jan-18 23:08:31

Bathtub is my favourite closely followed by Adnams Copperhouse.

poppy2021 Mon 22-Jan-18 23:08:44

Rock rose gin, fever tree tonic and fresh raspberries. Lush

JeremiahBackflip Mon 22-Jan-18 23:10:11

Opihr gin with ginger beer. Lovely.

I didn't think I liked gin until I was given that.

JeremiahBackflip Mon 22-Jan-18 23:11:08

Fevertree ginger ale not ginger beer!

shows how much I don't know about gin drinking

MrsPestilence Mon 22-Jan-18 23:11:52

You have to find the tonic that you like. For me it is fevertree naturally light. Low sugar, no sweeteners, I lack a sweet tooth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now