Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How do prisoners get web access?

(14 Posts)
Draylon Mon 22-Jan-18 21:09:57

I am talking about those given massive sentences for hideous crimes, like the disgusting human being who killed Breck Bednar, who is now threatening his family from behind bars.

How is that possible?

WonderWhippet Mon 22-Jan-18 21:10:54

Mobile phone.

PiecesOfHate Mon 22-Jan-18 21:37:53

They shouldn't be allowed internet access in jail for this reason. Massive failure on the part of the authorities that this subhuman is allowed to taunt the family of his victim.

Draylon Mon 22-Jan-18 21:56:45

How are they allowed mobile phones??? Just - how?

sinceyouask Mon 22-Jan-18 21:59:11

They aren't allowed. The phones are smuggled in. Visitors, bent staff, things hurled over walls etc.

GetShitDone Mon 22-Jan-18 21:59:50

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-35411297

Draylon Mon 22-Jan-18 22:52:16

Wow, just... wow.

Thanks for that disturbing link!

Once again, it only affects a few people, but how it affects them.

RosiePosiePuddle Mon 22-Jan-18 23:04:12

My understanding is that cuts to pensions have been so severe (like everything else) that mobile phone use is one of many things that are out of control. I have heard of prisions publishing guides on how to use drugs safely as the flow of drugs into jails can't be stopped and they don't want prisoners ODing. Also the attacks on prison officers has increased by something like 40%.

If someone knows more about prisions that would be great to hear what they have to say.

Cauliflowersqueeze Mon 22-Jan-18 23:06:57

People stuff mobiles up their arses. They have to get people to do squats when they come in and some can still tense up and hold them in.
Imagine it would be quite a shitty phone call.
🤮

sinceyouask Tue 23-Jan-18 08:56:25

Haha cauliflower I (hope) think they put them in a condom first.

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Tue 23-Jan-18 08:59:27

Drones are increasingly used to get things into prisons

MoreCheerfulMonica Tue 23-Jan-18 09:00:14

Yes, smuggling phones (and other contraband) into prisons is a huge problem for prison authorities.

smurfy2015 Wed 24-Jan-18 17:39:06

2.5 years ago I was on a psych ward and one of the men showed me a phone he had, it was smaller than my pinky finger, he was on the ward and would be going to court from there and didn't expect to be coming back or going home and this was for his "prison purse". (not money related)

I had several people surprised that i had access to internet etc as thought i would be "locked away," the mh unit has a computer suite

shouldnthavesaid Wed 24-Jan-18 17:45:53

Not a mobile phone but I was told of a prisoner who had inserted the keys to his handcuffs into his rectum. Caused all sorts of horrific damage. Quite how he did it I can't imagine. A mobile phone must be positively easy to smuggle internally in comparison. Not quite so many jaggedy bits!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now