Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Where would you be...

(13 Posts)
DHWeddingRing Mon 22-Jan-18 19:22:54

If you were my DH's wedding band?

Only married since August so both still conscious that we are wearing them.
He noticed yesterday afternoon that he didn't have it on, but was convinced that he'd had it on all day as usual.
He's only taken it off a couple of times since the wedding, and it needs a good pull to get it over his knuckle.

We did pop to a couple of shops yesterday so are aware that there's no guarantee it's in the house, but any ideas of where else we could look that we may not have thought of?!

We're both so disappointed 😞

ScreamingValenta Mon 22-Jan-18 19:24:39

Have you tried stripping your bed?

DHWeddingRing Mon 22-Jan-18 19:26:12

@ScreamingValenta we have in so much that we've had all pillows and duvet off. Now is probably the time to take all the covers off everything too! Just in case? That was the first place we actually looked as he went straight into bed when we got in from the shops.

DramaAlpaca Mon 22-Jan-18 19:30:19

I know it's the wrong time of year, but he hasn't been gardening has he? DH lost his wedding ring a few months after we got married & we think it must have fallen off when he was planting. We dug all the plants up again but never did find it sad We ended up buying another ring.

Alternatively, have you searched the car?

ShimmeringIce Mon 22-Jan-18 19:31:02

Bathroom or kitchen, or somewhere else where he might have messy hands

ScreamingValenta Mon 22-Jan-18 19:31:24

I'd try that; also have a good hunt round in your bathroom. Did your DH do anything that might have caused him instinctively to remove the ring first - gardening, DIY or similar? Has he checked all his pockets? What about in the car - footwells, cup holders etc?

DHWeddingRing Mon 22-Jan-18 19:55:33

Nope no gardening done!
I have searched my car, which we were out in yesterday.
Have checked in kitchen and bathroom bins, and recycling bag.
Checked all coat pockets, and been through all drawers in the bedroom.

So frustrating!

ScreamingValenta Mon 22-Jan-18 19:59:20

Have you tried trouser pockets? Could it have fallen into something - such as a shoe? Any dropping points in the house for things like keys and loose change? Down chair cushions? In your handbag?

DHWeddingRing Mon 22-Jan-18 20:06:04

Yep Screaming have checked in all of those places.
Really appreciate all the suggestions!

ScreamingValenta Mon 22-Jan-18 20:13:21

It's awful when things go missing. The only other tactic I can think of is to do a whole house sweep - work round the outside of the room inwards, looking literally everywhere.

I have found it to be true that lost things usually turn up when I am looking for something else, so don't lose hope - it might turn up later.

Just had one last thought - was your DH wearing gloves - you could check them if so.

DHWeddingRing Mon 22-Jan-18 20:59:16

FOUND IT!

After going through clothes in the dirty washing basket.

Ahhhh the relief grin

ScreamingValenta Mon 22-Jan-18 21:06:28

Yay! So pleased it turned up!

DramaAlpaca Mon 22-Jan-18 22:12:43

Oh good news!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now