Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Do you think we are all just muddling along winging it ?

(53 Posts)
LardLizard Mon 22-Jan-18 16:03:35

Is this how most people are ?

StillaChocoholic Mon 22-Jan-18 16:03:53

Yep

Peopleplease Mon 22-Jan-18 16:04:52

Definitely. I do think there are a few Uber organised together people but most people aren’t!

BertieBotts Mon 22-Jan-18 16:05:43

Yes, and furthermore, adulthood is realising that everyone else is too, even 'proper' grown ups and really important people!

OuchBollocks Mon 22-Jan-18 16:06:13

I certainly am, can't speak for anyone else.

Kursk Mon 22-Jan-18 16:06:34

Most people are doing their best, some are more organized than others.

A small group are dedicated and focused and are thriving.

The remainder found drugs, booze or crime and gave up on life.

StylishMummy Mon 22-Jan-18 16:09:46

I don't know how to answer this, as personally I don't consider myself to be winging it, even though I probably am?

All finances and bills etc are in order/best deals/most cost effective
House is pretty clean and tidy
We eat well & cook from scratch most nights

DD2 due in the next few weeks so it may all go tits up but I feel quite prepared and calm about the new arrival.

I hate now how that sounds smug but it's honestly just how our life is. No foreign dependant relatives/pets etc to over complicate things may help!

Justmuddlingalong Mon 22-Jan-18 16:14:16

⬆️⬆️⬆️
Yes, definitely!

HildaZelda Mon 22-Jan-18 17:31:13

Absolutely 100%. I'm almost 40 and still don't know what I want to do when I 'grow up'. Mind you a 50 something year old male colleague said the same thing recently, so at least I know it's not just me.

newyearnewname18 Mon 22-Jan-18 17:40:15

That is the trick to adulthood. None of us ever really feel grown up, it's just one day to look around and realise you are.

MiddlingMum Mon 22-Jan-18 17:40:20

I disagree. Most people I know are organised, have their lives under control (bar the odd blip), finances sorted, well-behaved pets/children.

CurlyRover Mon 22-Jan-18 17:42:25

I'm definitely winging it and don't feel grown up. I work with a lot of people my age (late twenties) and we all say the same.

zolaaa Mon 22-Jan-18 17:47:40

Do you mean more in a ‘what is the purpose of life’ way?! When you stop and really think about it, it’s strange that most of the things we worry about are man made stress! My OH always says ‘what’s the worst that can happen’ when I worry about work for example. And at the end of the day he has a point!!

RedCrab Mon 22-Jan-18 17:47:53

Not winging it, but definitely muddling through in the sense that things get overwhelming and there's so many things to attend to. When we just get in, it's dinner time, the kids are whinging, I put the tv on and it says the Internet is down so I can't distract the kids, I put a wash on to be productive and end up breaking the washing machine, and stress levels are rising - yes, that feels like muddling. Mostly life right now feels like a huge slog just to do everything - I know what needs to be done so not winging it, but the enormity of everything that needs to be accomplished is exhausting.

Stylish I felt like you - even the arrival of DC2 didn't really phase me. Then I had DC 3 and now - well, see above grin

Skowvegas Mon 22-Jan-18 18:09:57

I'm 48 and still winging it, if that helps...

cakesonatrain Mon 22-Jan-18 18:25:20

Yep. Mid thirties, two kids, winging it.

hidinginthenightgarden Mon 22-Jan-18 18:37:44

Yep. Muddling through is very much how I describe my life right now!

restbiterepeat Mon 22-Jan-18 18:40:08

I suppose you could say I was winging it bit I don't like planning things too much. I'm not going to be one of those people who knows what I'm eating a week in advance. DH don't have a rota of chores to schedule housework. And yet, the wheels still turn, we eat, the house is tidy, clothes are clean, the kids get where they need on time with what they need.

We are proficient wingers.

ClicksArse Mon 22-Jan-18 19:20:43

I constantly feel like I'm winging it. Training the new starter who is taking over my job really brought it home to me just how much I get through the average day on a wing and a prayer. I spoke to my manager about it and he said he often feels exactly the same way though. I think it's pretty common to be honest.

blackberryfairy Mon 22-Jan-18 19:31:28

I'm 37. married with two kids, own a flat, and totally winging it, every day that I get up, dressed, get the kids up and dressed and to school feels like a bloody miracle.

wakemeupbefore Mon 22-Jan-18 19:44:59

...well behaved pets and children.... hmm

hmmwhatatodo Mon 22-Jan-18 19:52:55

Totally.

FaFoutis Mon 22-Jan-18 19:53:10

I used to feel like that but I don't any more.
I have dealt with so much stressful stuff quite well (even though I felt like a mess at the time) that I feel capable of most things now - like an adult. Mid 40s I think it happened.

Mrscog Mon 22-Jan-18 19:56:13

Stylishmummy DC2 fucked it for me. We now have freezer food Mon-Friday and the house is a shit tip (literally as DC2 in a poo smearing phase).

I do work FT though, would be more sorted if was sahm or PT.

NotAChristmasCakePop Mon 22-Jan-18 20:23:54

I think it's not uncommon. I try and plan and organise, but even when you do, something happens and there it all goes off course...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now