Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If you have a sister, do you look alike?

(134 Posts)
ToadOfSadness Mon 22-Jan-18 15:32:25

Was just pondering this while making flapjacks, for some reason.

Thinking back to when I was at school and often sisters would be completely different to each other.

letsdolunch321 Mon 22-Jan-18 15:33:46

Yes very much alike.

ScreamingValenta Mon 22-Jan-18 15:33:49

Yes - we have been mistaken for twins in the past, although we have different eye-colours. She's 3 years younger than I am.

Gilead Mon 22-Jan-18 15:34:49

Nothing alike. I'm average height and build, very dark with dark skin and black hair. Sister is tiny in frame and stature, english rose complexion and light brown hair. My twin dds are as different as we are.

InDubiousBattle Mon 22-Jan-18 15:35:17

No, not al all. My sister is 10 years older than me but looks my age only prettier!

EmmaJR1 Mon 22-Jan-18 15:35:55

I have 2 - one is my spit but 9 years younger the other could not look more different!

MrsPear Mon 22-Jan-18 15:36:24

Yes except I have longer legs - so I’m 4” taller. People have commented there is no guess needed same with my mum.

restbiterepeat Mon 22-Jan-18 15:36:30

We look enough alike that you wouldn't be surprised that we were sisters but no more than that really. We do sound exactly the same and would struggle to tell us apart on the phone.

MrsAndyDayTheFirst Mon 22-Jan-18 15:38:19

No - I look exactly like my dm though. My dsis has our dads features (not the beard though).

OakIsBetterTho Mon 22-Jan-18 15:38:21

I'm not altogether dissimilar to my sisters but I'm more like my brother. My two sisters are the image of each other tho, and are just like my mum at their age.

x2boys Mon 22-Jan-18 15:38:26

I'm a lot fatter then her but i suppose we look alike in the face

YerAuntFanny Mon 22-Jan-18 15:39:13

Weirdly I have sisters who are twins and 20 years younger than me, they look almost identical to each other but everyone thinks one looks like me.

Despite her being tall and slim with blonde curly hair which is pretty much my polar opposite.

MirandaWest Mon 22-Jan-18 15:40:03

I don't think my sister and I look similar. There are times when DD looks very like her (and I have occasionally called her by my sister's name grin)

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 22-Jan-18 15:40:35

Its strange, because Some people say we're the double and others say "You wouldn't even take us for distant cousins let alone sisters.
It's funny the way people see differently

DotCottonDotCom Mon 22-Jan-18 15:43:44

Yes, and there's 18 years between us, she's the young tall slim version of me
envy

WickedLazy Mon 22-Jan-18 15:44:49

Yes, very like each other apparently. A few people have said stuff to me like "ooh is that your sis you were with on Sat? You could tell a mile off". We don't think we look alike though! Four years difference between us.

NobodysChild Mon 22-Jan-18 15:45:23

I have two sisters and we're all totally different in height, size, looks and hair colour. People who don't know us would never guess we were even related.

AuntFidgetWonkhamStrongNajork Mon 22-Jan-18 15:47:22

No, but I have a brother and I look like him grin

treaclesoda Mon 22-Jan-18 15:48:50

Yes, very much so. And two of my sisters look so alike sometimes that I could see a photo of one and really have to think hard about which one it is. (They're not twins).

I also have a niece who looks almost identical to my daughter.

Genetics are weird!

Tobeemoree Mon 22-Jan-18 15:51:18

Nope, not in the slightest. We do share the same odd strand of toilet humour though.

Pfffftfffffffft.

YellowFrenchFancy Mon 22-Jan-18 15:53:34

I'm like my dad she's like my mum. I'm 4 inches taller and a larger frame with lighter eyes. She's a tiny size 6 and grazes 5 foot only

pickleface Mon 22-Jan-18 15:55:31

People often ask me if my 2 daughters are twins. They are 18m apart and in my eyes, not even similar looking

Scribblegirl Mon 22-Jan-18 15:55:56

Apparently yes. Just this weekend we had 3 people remark on it, twice with people saying 'oh how lovely you brought your sister' or variants on it without having met either of us before.

We don't think we look alike at all and our parents are constantly confused by it but everyone else seems to see it!

BearSoFair Mon 22-Jan-18 15:57:53

Not really. Similar build but quite different faces, apparently our noses are the same though confused We've never noticed it so God knows how people see it in brief meetings with us!

FuzzyCustard Mon 22-Jan-18 15:58:06

No, not at all. She's a size 10, flaxen haired ex-model with style and I am a country bumpkin frizzy haired fatso.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now