Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Where do your thick thighed husbands by trousers?

(29 Posts)
scramwich Mon 22-Jan-18 12:06:36

I'm sick of hearing dh moan he can't find trousers anywhere that weren't built for 9 year olds.

Trousers he can wear to work and not feel like an idiot in.

No skinny legs, stuff he can wear for work, trousers, chinos.

Extra points if you can tell me where to find proper men's boot legged jeans circa 2006.

IJoinedJustToPostThis Mon 22-Jan-18 12:10:29

DH is tree-trunked of thigh and he gets his from Next.

I'm not helping you with the bootlegged jeans though envy

PJBanana Mon 22-Jan-18 12:23:33

DP has rugby player’s legs and he’s only ever managed to get suit trousers from Next (occasionally).

Could always go down the route of having them tailored, although I have no idea how much that would cost!

On a separate note, we were in America last year and came across a NZ brand called Rodd & Gunn. So many of their clothes fitted DP like a glove (he’s 6’5 too so most tops aren’t long enough for him). The jeans in particular fit very well.

They do have an online store, but with it being NZ-based I think shipping/returns can be a pain.

mrsnec Mon 22-Jan-18 12:25:00

Debehams and M&S?

scramwich Mon 22-Jan-18 12:27:37

DH is tree-trunked of thigh and he gets his from Next

Dh has declared Next to be for skinny teenagers. I don't think he has monstrous thighs. He says even struggle to get them over his calves hmm

I'm going to look up Rodd and Gunn, thank you.

Has anyone had any luck with Gap's relaxed fit? we haven't got a shop near us but might order some and let him try his luck.

scramwich Mon 22-Jan-18 12:28:10

Debehams and M&S

No and No.

Maybe dh is just a sort of chunky legged weirdo.

Runningoutofusernames Mon 22-Jan-18 12:28:26

Levis has 'athletic fit' that is great for guys with rugby player quads! Make sure you get him to try them on in store as due to the generous thigh space he may well go down a waist size or two from normal.

There are also some good stores in the US that cater to bodybuilders (or guys with similar builds), and I've heard about a UK brand called Spoke that is really tailored but haven't tried personally.

LadybirdsAreFab Mon 22-Jan-18 12:28:30

Gant and M&S. Both for jeans and chinos. Gant in the sale though.

Bellamuerte Mon 22-Jan-18 12:28:56

DH shops online at Massimo Dutti. He tends to wait till they have a sale and then stocks up.

BigBrownBoogyinBear Mon 22-Jan-18 12:29:57

Jacamo. I think they even have bootlegs...

scramwich Mon 22-Jan-18 12:31:40

Levis has 'athletic fit' that is great for guys with rugby player quads! Make sure you get him to try them on in store as due to the generous thigh space he may well go down a waist size or two from normal.

Ah sounds promising!

BombsAway Mon 22-Jan-18 12:32:20

OH got a made to measure suit. Only way to get something to fit. Otherwise he lives in cargo pants and loose fit jeans when he can find them and buys a size up and wears a belt.

When he got the made to measure suit you had to submit a number of measurements - waist, thigh etc. and they actually emailed to double check the thigh measurement as it was far larger than expected compared to waist measurement so they thought it was a typo! Nope, that's why he needed something made to measure!

Ollivander84 Mon 22-Jan-18 12:32:23

This might help?
http://www.sartorialab.co.uk/blog/where-to-buy-trousers-if-you-have-big-thighs/

TinselAngel Mon 22-Jan-18 12:32:48

Have you tried Slaters?

scramwich Mon 22-Jan-18 12:35:51

bombs that sounds really expensive?

Thanks Olivander, will read!

And will look at Gant, Slaters, Massimo Dutti. and Gant.

Thanks evryone for suggestions

MrsKoala Mon 22-Jan-18 12:38:06

My DH can only fit in Gant ones and the loose fit Gap chinos. He has enormous thighs - they aren't much smaller than my waist. shock

MrsKoala Mon 22-Jan-18 12:39:25

If you are looking at Gant trousers I find House of Fraser does the best sales and bulk buy them when i can.

scramwich Mon 22-Jan-18 12:40:34

Nice, Gap have got a 40%off full price which is why I wondering Koala. Thanks!

MrsKoala Mon 22-Jan-18 12:43:22

I've just checked his strides and the Gap fit is 'relaxed'. If that helps.

Lovelylovelyllamas Mon 22-Jan-18 12:47:55

My chunky thighed man actually bought a pair of Gap skinny fit chinos which aren't ridiculously tight on him (and are reportedly very comfy too and were a bargain) so I imagine their regular fit would be fine. He's also had Tyrwhitt chinos which are good for work. Suit wise he goes for Brook Taverner.

scramwich Mon 22-Jan-18 12:56:57

It does Mrs Koala thanks

Good to know llamas!

lamettarules Mon 22-Jan-18 13:18:05

if it's any help when I was shopping for jeans for son I got talking to a stocky builder who buys his in Sainsbury's .

I can't remember the details ( which I think included get the red label /or was it black label ? ) but I did look at them - cheap ,basic ,straight ,looked good .

Argeles Mon 22-Jan-18 13:31:12

So glad you posted this question op. My DH works out at the gym, runs and cycles, and as a result, has large muscular thighs. He has ripped so many pairs of suit trousers, and some chino type trousers too.

He’s always believed in buying high end and designer clothes, rather than those on the high street, as he believes they offer better quality and styling (I’m a high street queen, and have had some of my clothes for the same amount of time as his). He is now sick and tired of spending a bare minimum of £120 on a pair of trousers, only to have them rip in the middle of his working day after a few months. I’ve told him to buy lots of pairs of cheaper trousers and alternate them more often, and at least they’re cheaper so having 2 or 3 pairs that may rip might not be so bad. So far he’s refused to listen!

I’ll show him the shops/brands that have been recommended here - thanks everyone.

Diamondjoan Mon 22-Jan-18 13:33:58

DH has very muscular legs from years of rugby and is 195cm so big legs! For chinos he buys Ralph Lauren who make a classic fit. For bootleg jeans diesel still make a bootleg style (just checked a pair and they are labelled ”Zatiny”). They are not as wide as a 90s pair, on him they are like a slim fit, but are definitely roomier. For work suits he gets them made to measure.

Onesmallstepforaman Mon 22-Jan-18 14:38:29

Think there's a company called "High and Mighty" for the larger gentleman. Doesn't bother me, I'm never going to be either😠

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now