Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If you have amazing glossy hair

(88 Posts)
Annwithnoe Mon 22-Jan-18 10:23:17

Can you tell me your secret?

Even more interested if you know how to turn straw into spun gold.

amusedbush Mon 22-Jan-18 10:31:57

I don't use shampoo. I wash my hair with silicone free conditioner and every couple of weeks I rinse it with diluted apple cider vinegar in case of any build up. This means that the oils aren't being stripped out by shampoo and it's much softer and healthier looking. It doesn't break nearly as much when brushing.

I also take biotin and collagen supplements daily.

Thebluedog Mon 22-Jan-18 10:35:40

I haven’t tried this yet but I’m going to, put coconut oil in my hair and leave it overnight. It’s supposed to work wonders - we’ll see

TeaAddict235 Mon 22-Jan-18 10:37:47

Isn't the apple cider vinegar too acidic @amusedbush ? Doesn't your hair feel coarse afterwards?

Luckingfovely Mon 22-Jan-18 10:39:07

A year of Olaplex at every colour. Straw -> Silk.

10thingsIhateAboutTheDailyMail Mon 22-Jan-18 10:40:59

Don't dye it, don't put silicon in it, don't blow dry or straighten....

The more you leave hair alone, the healthier it is, sadly

OrchidFlakes Mon 22-Jan-18 10:46:07

Jojoba sulphate free shampoo, sulphate free Shea butter conditioner. Never blow dry or straighten

YesitsJacqueline Mon 22-Jan-18 10:50:43

In my case it only looks glossy and sleek after i have blow dried and straightened it

However I only wash my hair once or twice a week, and use moroccan oil before blow dry

amusedbush Mon 22-Jan-18 10:51:51

TeaAddict235

Not at all, it's massively diluted in warm water and makes my hair feel lovely. I wouldn't do it if it made my hair feel bad! smile

Anything coconut, on the other hand, makes my hair feel awful. I have quite high protein hair and coconut mimics the effect of protein on hair so if I use anything containing coconut it becomes dry and straw-like. I can barely get a brush through it.

NoSwsForYou Mon 22-Jan-18 10:53:40

I used to have bloody lovely hair pre DS. Now it’s limp, lank and almost constantly greasy. Genuinely a little bit heartbroken sad

CadleCrap Mon 22-Jan-18 11:02:05

Hairdressers always commented n my healthy hair, not so much now grey is kicking in

I Don’t
Dye
Blow dry
Straighten
Use cheap shampoo but change every bottle so not the same cheap shit every time

wowfudge Mon 22-Jan-18 11:04:26

I use New Wash - expensive but a bottle lasts a long time. I haven't used conditioner since I started using it. There is no product build up on my hair as there is no silicone residue. When I have my hair coloured, I take it with me to the hairdresser's. It takes a lot less time to rinse the colour out and my hairdresser has commented that it doesn't cling to my hair and washes out easily. She's also said how soft my hair is.

MavisPike Mon 22-Jan-18 11:29:27

vosine and finish off with a cold water rinse

allthecheese Mon 22-Jan-18 11:30:41

Getting pregnant grin

Annabelle4 Mon 22-Jan-18 11:32:24

Shampoo, then Aussie conditioner, then Moroccan oil

HippyChickMama Mon 22-Jan-18 11:32:46

Henna. Amazing stuff. It depends what colour your hair is though as to whether you'd want to henna your hair.

britnay Mon 22-Jan-18 11:37:48

Johnsons baby Shampoo, no conditioner. Its soft and glossy smile

Humv Mon 22-Jan-18 11:39:33

Amusedbush, which collagen supplement do you take? I currently take biotin but have been thinking about collagen- no idea which brand to use though!

amusedbush Mon 22-Jan-18 11:41:29

Humv

I currently use the caplets from Holland and Barrett (I also use their biotin) but when I'm in the US I stock up on Vital Proteins collagen powder, which I blend into coffee.

Humv Mon 22-Jan-18 11:45:43

Thank you amusedbush, definitely going to try those out!

MaggieMeldrum Mon 22-Jan-18 11:46:46

HippyChick where do you get your henna from?

PhuntSox Mon 22-Jan-18 11:48:28

Healthy diet (flax seeds/oil, good for nails too).
Find a conditioner that suits you and you like.
I sometimes use oil as an extra.

scampimom Mon 22-Jan-18 11:55:56

Yves Rocher raspberry rinsing vinegar and a cold water rinse.

HippyChickMama Mon 22-Jan-18 12:03:16

@MaggieMeldrum I use this premixed henna every couple of months (it comes in different colours) but leave it on for several hours rather than the 45 minutes it states in the instructions. Then every 6 months I use the block henna from Lush. I prefer the Lush henna but it's a faff compared to the premixed stuff.

HippyChickMama Mon 22-Jan-18 12:05:55

Oops forgot photo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now