Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Baby annabel "I care for you" spooking the shit out of us!!!!

(162 Posts)
Doublemint Sun 14-Jan-18 20:33:59

Our DDs both got baby annabel I care for you dolls from MIL for Christmas. We've not installed the app so they've been playing with them in "offline" mode. Since December they have just cried and made the same noises over and over and over and over and over again.

They have started talking. And singing. In our DDs voices (we think). It's unsettling to say the least.

I thought it was my imagination but DH has just heard one of them say "I'm coldies" (one of our DDs idiosyncratic "kid phrases") and singing a song that sounds just like our youngest DD. He is shitting himself as has a fairly healthy fear of killer dolls in general.

DH wants to throw them (the dolls, not DDs) down the garden incase they murder us in our sleep. I'm tempted but am more scared of MIL.

I've googled and googled but I can't see anywhere that "BA IC4U" has a recording function.

Anywhere. Do we have two possessed dolls?

wendz86 Sun 14-Jan-18 20:36:14

Ours got set off by a lightening storm when it was downstairs once and it started crying . I was Too scared to turn it off .

upsiedayz Sun 14-Jan-18 20:36:21

You need to stab them in the heart

Katescurios Sun 14-Jan-18 20:37:59

My Dd had this fisher price dog thing www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Laugh-Learn-Learning-Puppy/dp/B000284ZNI/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=fisher+price+dog&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1515962146&sr=8-5

Until the night I walked past her room and it trilled out 'I can seeee youuuu' sodding thing had gone into sleep mode so I didn't realise it was still on.

Needless to say batteries were removed and it was rehomed to the charity shop as quickly as I could arrange it.

Doublemint Sun 14-Jan-18 20:39:08

Oh fuck. Do you think it's because DH chucked their bottles away so that the fights and stealing over whose sodding bottle it was we could teach them "breast is best" is why they've turned evil?

They hunger.

mishfish Sun 14-Jan-18 20:39:35

I’m absolutely terrified of dolls so we don’t have them in the house due to my irrational completely justified fear that they may kill me

Doublemint Sun 14-Jan-18 20:41:07

I can hear them breathing upstairs

Doublemint Sun 14-Jan-18 20:42:08

Seriously are we SURE they don't have a recording function?!?? Shit I was really hoping one of you would tell me they did and we could have a jolly laugh about it

FrancisUnderwood Sun 14-Jan-18 20:46:06

I'd be taking them to a charity shop in a locked trunk with a note not to open until i'd emigrated..

Doublemint Sun 14-Jan-18 20:46:40

@wendz86 that is utterly terrifying!!!!!

@Katescurios the charity shop option is looking better and better tbh. But the girls love those damn dolls!

Stormcloud10 Sun 14-Jan-18 20:48:29

I can’t see anything on google about them singing, never mind having a recording function shock are you sure DH isn’t pulling your leg? if not I’d probably be burning some sage

OuchBollocks Sun 14-Jan-18 20:49:23

That's terrifying. Bad enough the toy oven that waited until I was almost asleep the other night to shout "let's fry an egg!" all over the house, scaring the shit out of me. But the doll thing is weird. Burn it.

upsiedayz Sun 14-Jan-18 20:51:39

Try giving them a sippy cup of milk and when they've settled in to milky drunkenness slowly but confidently snap their necks

ShutTheFridgeUp Sun 14-Jan-18 20:56:13

We've had that for over a year now. Definitely no record function, just random babbles and sleep noises. I turned it off a few weeks ago... now I'm wondering if she's planning something.

Doublemint Sun 14-Jan-18 20:56:46

@Stormcloud10 I wish he was but I've heard them too! It's just this evening he's heard for the first time and freaked out. I said don't worry I know it's spooky but I think they have a recording function- he made me google them and they DONT!!!!!

I haven't got any sage- do you think dissolving a knorr herb infusion stock pot would work?

Lowdoorinthewal1 Sun 14-Jan-18 20:57:14

upsiedayz your first post made me spit my coke. grin

OP I think you need some brick dust.

ShutTheFridgeUp Sun 14-Jan-18 20:57:23

To clarify- we've had the doll over a year, not a creepy killer repeating, singing doll.

Doublemint Sun 14-Jan-18 20:57:36

@ShutTheFridgeUp never turn it on again!

ShutTheFridgeUp Sun 14-Jan-18 20:58:15

Not a fucking chance in hell

Doublemint Sun 14-Jan-18 20:58:35

@Lowdoorinthewal1 brick dust??? Will try anything at this point

ShutTheFridgeUp Sun 14-Jan-18 20:58:51

I've seen the first 15 minutes of child's play, I know what they're capable of!

MyDogHasNoNose Sun 14-Jan-18 20:59:26

After considerable research (a quick google) I can’t see anything about recording, speaking or singing. Just crying, babbling and laughing.

The dolls must be possessed. Even if you get rid of them they will find their way home. shock

maddiemookins16mum Sun 14-Jan-18 20:59:48

Make sure there are no sharp knives or large dressmaking scissors within reach of those dolls is all I'm saying.
Sleep well.

ShutTheFridgeUp Sun 14-Jan-18 21:00:03

Definitely not mistaking it for your kids on a monitor?

Doublemint Sun 14-Jan-18 21:01:42

Thanks @maddiemookins16mum and @MyDogHasNoNose real constructive. 

And @ShutTheFridgeUp no monitors here, our girls fell asleep a while ago then the dolls started talking.

Great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now