Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I think my DP is a dick.

(35 Posts)
ThoseFemalesAreStrongAsHell Sat 13-Jan-18 00:09:21

Monday was my birthday, no childcare until tonight so me & Dp were supposed to go for food and a bit of a drink tonight. Last week he told me he wanted to watch football tonight and he had forgotten it was on before we made plans. It is his team and it is a derby day so quite big for him.

I said instead of going out he could watch the match, I would arrange something to eat, nothing massive just snacks and we could have a drink later on when he was back because the DCs are out so no getting up early. I wasn't actually too bothered about this as I was looking forward to the TV to myself for a bit.

He went out about 5.30. At 9.50 I phoned him the match had finished and he had just got to his friends house that was giving him a lift home. We also have not really had any sex for quite a while, and I always insinuate it so wanted to do something tonight. I had bought a new bra set specifically for tonight which he knew about and I texted him a few times and seemed really keen. I Actually did my hair and makeup too just to make an effort.

12.10 now and he is still not back and getting a taxi from his mates house as the driver of the group wanted a drink while they were at their mates, so now I am in bed. Makeup off, hair up feeling like shit.

He has text to say we can do something tomorrow because DCs are at my parents all weekend. But that's not the point right??! He gets bad hangovers and was at work for 4.30 am this morning so will probably sleep until 12 at least.

I've also drunk most of the wine while waiting so I'm laid here stewing. Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I am just ranting.

Noscrubs Sat 13-Jan-18 00:11:49

I would be annoyed too. How infuriating.angry

GardenGeek Sat 13-Jan-18 00:14:27

Yep hes a dick!

looondonn Sat 13-Jan-18 00:15:08

Dick

Not ok

yosoyapplecider Sat 13-Jan-18 00:16:11

That's not on at all, it's also the type of thing that my partner does and it infuriates me. I don't blame you for being angry.

Greensleeves Sat 13-Jan-18 00:18:03

I heartily concur that your dp is a dick angry

Sorry he's been such a selfish insensitive cockwomble. You deserve better. I'd bin him, personally.

FrancisUnderwood Sat 13-Jan-18 00:19:37

Dick.

KittyLover91 Sat 13-Jan-18 00:20:37

I'd be fuming! Fucking arsehole

ThoseFemalesAreStrongAsHell Sat 13-Jan-18 00:21:51

Yep. I text him at 11.35 telling him he has made me feel like shit but no reply. He's honestly just inconsiderate.

I am not going to say anything when he does come home but have arranged to go out with a friend tomorrow night instead because I know he will be hungover and just not want to be out with me.

Greensleeves Sat 13-Jan-18 00:22:37

Do you still want to be with him?

ThoseFemalesAreStrongAsHell Sat 13-Jan-18 00:23:54

I am getting more and more mad as I get replies, just because I know other people agree.

If my DP is murdered tonight one of you guys will give me an alibi I'm sure?

bummymummy77 Sat 13-Jan-18 00:24:04

Wow. That's really shitty.

SavageBeauty73 Sat 13-Jan-18 00:26:48

I'll dig the patio for you 😜

Belated happy birthday

Greensleeves Sat 13-Jan-18 00:27:59

OP I have a little proposition for you

criss cross grin

YetAnotherSpartacus Sat 13-Jan-18 00:33:24

I hope that your couch is a really short and lumpy one with little padding OP.

He's a dick.

ThoseFemalesAreStrongAsHell Sat 13-Jan-18 00:33:38

Greensleeves around August last year we did split, he is just inconsiderate. I have been on here a few years and have posted usually after wine(!) about him.

It's things like this he does which mounts up until I snapped. It was a very 'clean break with discussions no big arguements and DP moved out.

After he moved out he promised me he would change eta. Unfortunately like often suggested on here we don't have the resources for couples therapy etc so we talked it out ourselves and I believed him and he slowly moved back in.

He has not changed at all. Like I said it's lots of little inconsiderate things he does which end up with me resenting him. I am sure I'm not always perfect. But I tried really hard tonight

Greensleeves Sat 13-Jan-18 00:35:19

You bent over backwards for him, I would have been pissed off that he wanted to watch footy instead of going out with me! I know I'm only seeing a snapshot but he does sound like a bit of a waste of space to me sad

Regularsizedrudy Sat 13-Jan-18 00:40:38

I think this would be shitty on any night but on your BIRTHDAY! It just takes the piss too far!

Meowstro Sat 13-Jan-18 00:44:00

Does the 'D' in 'DP' stand for 'dick'? I'm angry for you. His actions say it all.

CaledonianQueen Sat 13-Jan-18 00:44:12

Well, I would be packing a bag for him. You took him back with the proviso that he would make more of an effort. He has completely trampled all over his own promise and if he gets away with it then he will continue to treat you like crap. You deserve so much better than that! I would leave a pillow and a blanket in the living room and tell him he can sleep there, he doesn't deserve a comfy sofa but unless you have a spare doghouse going I suppose he will need to sleep there.

I am disgusted that he cancelled a rare night with you, to watch a bloody football match and get hammered with friends. He has certainly shown you where his priorities lie and they are not with you.

Cat2014 Sat 13-Jan-18 00:44:58

Really crap, sorry op. I hope you’re ok x

ThoseFemalesAreStrongAsHell Sat 13-Jan-18 00:50:00

I totally agree about the football and instead of arguing I completely let it go and said I will wait. There was no point arguing on that one he was going to go whatever.

It's just I had put effort in for the first time in a very long time. He's just a dick and thoughtless. On the plus side I have at least 3 alibis wink

thisgirlrides Sat 13-Jan-18 00:51:30

I really feel for you and completely understand why you feel shit, but how subtle were you with your clues that you were gearing up for a night of passjon? Did you actually say anything obvious? I'm. Not excusing shit drunken behaviour but if my DH is anything to go by, mates on the tiles and I wouldn't get a look in, but mention a night of hot sex and he'd be home before I've finished typing!

Greensleeves Sat 13-Jan-18 00:52:07

Stab him with an icicle and feed the body to a pig. It's the perfect murder.

bummymummy77 Sat 13-Jan-18 00:57:44

Op go to sleep so you aren't too tired to have fun tomorrow. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now