Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I don't feel well

(11 Posts)
Blackteadrinker77 Mon 18-Dec-17 19:35:10

Started getting a blocked ear this morning, this afternoon I have started getting snotty, now my throat is raging sore.

I'm due surgery Wednesday, I can't get ill.

Just a worried rant

Fitzsimmons Mon 18-Dec-17 19:39:17

Oh no. Sorry to hear that OP. Get an early night and see what tomorrow brings. I've had a few days this season where I've thought I'm getting ill and then been fine the next day. flowers

Farontothemaddingcrowd Mon 18-Dec-17 19:40:12

Hope you feel better after a good night's sleep.

Blackteadrinker77 Mon 18-Dec-17 19:40:39

Crossing my fingers but it seems full blown.

An early night I can do, any excuse right smile

PoptartPoptart Mon 18-Dec-17 19:50:35

DM swears by Echinacea drops. You can get them from pharmacies or Holland & Barratt. 15 drops in a little water 3 or 4 times a day is supposed to boost the immune system to fight off colds etc. No idea if it actually works but I often see it recommended in health news articles. Worth a try op?

Blobby10 Mon 18-Dec-17 20:01:12

Another here recommending echinacea drops- I normally have a bottle with me 24/7 this time of year but am away for Home for the night and forgot to pack them- and been surrounded by sneezy people all day 😩😩

Blackteadrinker77 Mon 18-Dec-17 20:04:01

Might have to send DH for some in the morning.

Anything is worth a try, just had some zinc and vitamin C

itshappening Mon 18-Dec-17 20:04:15

Drink lots of water, warm bath, early night and best of luck to you! Really hope you throw it off. Timing of these things so often sucks.

Janetjanetjanet Mon 18-Dec-17 20:44:06

Plenty of water

Blackteadrinker77 Mon 18-Dec-17 21:32:30

Had a hot bath and an energy drink.

Praying by morning it isn't as bad.

Would they call off the surgery? I have no quality of life until it is done.

Blackteadrinker77 Tue 19-Dec-17 15:05:56

It thankfully doesn't seem to be a very heavy cold. They don't think they'll have to cancel as I don't have a temperature and I can breathe through my nose.
So relieved, I've waited so long for the surgery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now