Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Burst pipe. It's a nightmare.

(9 Posts)
derxa Mon 18-Dec-17 17:10:54

I went south for Christmas. But got a phone call to say our pipes have burst. Came back up to Scotland. Three ceilings down and soaking carpets. I'm living at local hotel. So many logistical problems. Need a hand hold

scurryfunge Mon 18-Dec-17 17:13:29

Oh no. How bloody awful for you. Are your insurers being helpful?
flowers flowers

derxa Mon 18-Dec-17 17:16:10

The adjuster seems to be helpful. He's agreed to hotel bills and renting a flat. It's the worst time of the year. People are all going off on holiday.
They're testing for asbestos!!!

Smoochyschmoo Mon 18-Dec-17 17:18:11

😔 Scotland’s a big place but I’m SW if near and I can help at all?

derxa Mon 18-Dec-17 17:20:05

Thanks Smoochy We're a bit further up.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Mon 18-Dec-17 17:20:22

Oh how awful. At least the adjuster is being helpful. brew flowers

derxa Mon 18-Dec-17 17:24:34

DH is a bit sad because on holiday this week and wanted to spend the time together. sad This morning I thought my head would drop off with the stress. We have two cats here who live in a part shut off away from the carnage. One of them is purring away at me. Bless her!

Dailystuck71 Mon 18-Dec-17 17:30:05

Sorry to hear your news. I am in Perthshire and it’s been really cold. Glad to hear insurance are on side.

Are you in a good hotel and is it over Christmas or are you going to family?

derxa Mon 18-Dec-17 17:34:37

Thanks Daily I'm going back on Friday. It's a local hotel and friendly. It's amazing how hotel meals get boring after a while. <first world problem alert>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now