Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If you could wave a magic wand, what 3 things would you change about yourself?

(77 Posts)
dameofdilemma Mon 18-Dec-17 15:59:22

I'm thinking of things that could only change with magic, rather than learning to be more patient or learning to drive etc.

My 3:
1. My skin - I have awful eczema and scarring. I'd give anything to be able to sit in the sun on the beach with dd or play with her in swimming pools without having to stop after 10 mins because my skin feels like its on fire.

2. Sleep - probably linked to the itching from eczema, I sleep terribly. Sometimes I have to sleep apart from dp as we wake each other up.
I'd give anything to be able to fall asleep anywhere at the drop of a hat and to always be able to share a bed with dp.

And number 3 - to be a few inches taller!

phoenix1973 Mon 18-Dec-17 16:02:45

Remove the Aspergers
Remove the overeating disorder
Give me normal width calves

formerbabe Mon 18-Dec-17 16:03:54

My hair. It's frizzy and wavy and I spend a lot of time blow drying and straightening it. I'd love hair that I could allow to dry naturally and still look nice!

My skin...I'm naturally really pale. I'd love to have a warmer skin tone...and be able to give up fake tan!

Worrying...I'd love to be a naturally chilled out person!

BikeRunSki Mon 18-Dec-17 16:05:24

Taller (but not heavier!)
Normal size feet (i’m a 9)
Perfect eyesight

(Sleeping better, more patience, cleverer, straight hair and skinny legs can wait).

BillywigSting Mon 18-Dec-17 16:05:30

I'd be six inches taller (only 4ft10)
Have clear non sensitive skin (eczema and acne together, oh yay!)

Have perfect teeth. Mine are yellow and gross from neglecting self care when I had a pretty nasty bout of depression

SM2132 Mon 18-Dec-17 16:05:52

First 3 things from the top of my head- weight (3 stone lighter please) boobs (4 sizes smaller!) and teeth! (Whiter and straighter)

ladystarkers Mon 18-Dec-17 16:05:58

To be a healthy weight
To have more confidence
To have thicker hair

GreeboIsMySpiritAnimal Mon 18-Dec-17 16:08:30

I'd like thick, long, wavy hair instead of mad frizz please.

I'd also like perfect eyesight.

And I'd like to be a size 10, no matter what I eat or how little I exercise!

Ikeameatballs Mon 18-Dec-17 16:08:56

My skin would be one, I have patches of hyperpigmentation on my face that I'd love to be rid of. Physically there's nothing else that would only need magic to change, I'm fairly happy with how I look and whilst I'd like to be a bit more toned that just because I'm too lazy to exercise regularly.

Broadening it out though, I'd like to be more patient and organised.

Viviennemary Mon 18-Dec-17 16:10:16

I'd like to be able to sing in tune
Be tidy
better eyesight

crackerjacket Mon 18-Dec-17 16:10:44

Superficial, obviously grin

Perfect eyesight
Thicker hair
The ability to speak perfect French

Ropsleybunny Mon 18-Dec-17 16:10:51

Remove the fact that I've had cancer.

Stop my acid reflux, for ever.

Stop my legs from aching.

Cailleach Mon 18-Dec-17 16:11:41

Remove the autism
Cure my rounded right shoulder
Give me teeth that are impervious to acids

MammaAgata Mon 18-Dec-17 16:13:47

@formerbabe, have you heard of Brazilian Blow Dry's? There is a thread going on the very subject at the moment. It could be the wonder miracle you need for your hair?

For me:

Lose 3 stone
Stop worrying and overthinking
Be more positive

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Mon 18-Dec-17 16:17:36

Give me more patience so I don't get fed up with looking after sick DH so easily

Go back in time and get rid of the PCOS so that i could have had more babies (not possible now as DH too sick and I'm too old)

Stretch me upwards so I am both taller and slimmer

BulletFox Mon 18-Dec-17 16:23:14

That's a tall order to condense it into 3. Billions, trillions.

Ok:
Stop my broken foot from hurting
Do not smoke and drink too much when stressed
Calm down and carry on

AND TIDY UP

Mistoffelees Mon 18-Dec-17 16:28:45

Make my eyebrows even
Perfect eyesight
And then would really struggle to choose between fixing my weak knees and ankles or having a good singing voice

Didactylos Mon 18-Dec-17 16:32:59

I would want hair that would style itself neatly, and that I could change its colour at will

I would want to be able to stay within 5kg of my ideal weight at all times without stressing too much

I would love it if my overly mobile R shoulder was as stable as the L as I hate the feeling of asymmetry I have when trying to exercise

working on the last two. Think the first one will remain fantasy

StiltonForDays Mon 18-Dec-17 16:34:45

More energy
More confidence
Better teeth grin

WipsGlitter Mon 18-Dec-17 16:36:10

Size 10
Perfect teeth
Perfect eyesight

StinkyMcgrinky Mon 18-Dec-17 16:38:29

1) Learn to accept the things I cannot change and stop wasting time worrying about them
2) Smaller calf's so I can wear normal knee high boots (I'm normal sized by built like my Dad the rugby player!)
3) Have more patience with the children. I'm not an angry Mum but there are times when I should let things slide more. In the grand scheme of things refusing to eat cheesy pasta isn't going to hurt anyone

Ridingthegravytrain Mon 18-Dec-17 16:38:51

I’d settle for perfect mental and physical health grin

PiggyPlumPie Mon 18-Dec-17 16:40:12

Smaller feet
Perfect teeth
Perfect eyesight

<shallow>

Tawdrylocalbrouhaha Mon 18-Dec-17 16:43:34

Remove the heart disease
Lovely thick bouncy hair
Able to sing more than two different notes (the way I can sing in my mind would be great)

BackBoiler Mon 18-Dec-17 16:45:26

I would have said a couple of things but now I have had my surgery and hopefully my awful anaemia a few things have been cured.

I could not be alone but after four weeks of spending most days alone I am for the first time in 33 years comfortable and even enjoying my own company!

Apart from the rest of it I would like to stop biting my nails. They are horrendous and my fingers have started splitting again because of the cold! No good when you type for a living!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now