Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Most appreciated gift under £50 for DH? Struggling!

(19 Posts)
upsidedown2017 Mon 18-Dec-17 15:11:39

Have left Xmas to last minute yet again and am struggling with DH. Known each other 10 years so running out of ideas. What have your DHs loved?

PJBanana Mon 18-Dec-17 15:19:07

Coffee/beer subscription?
New headphones
Tile key finder
Grid-it gadget organiser
Decent bottle of whiskey (or other drink)
Aero press coffee maker

clairethewitch70 Mon 18-Dec-17 15:21:38

Consule game
DVD
Headphones
Fleecy Jumper
Thermals
Aftershave
Drone
Remote control toys
Chromecast

ivykaty44 Mon 18-Dec-17 15:24:25

Oh has an electric toothbrush, as he couldn’t see what was wrong with dds ex giving her one for Christmas- it’s practice and good present, typical man so I got him one 😂🤣😅

BarbaraofSevillle Mon 18-Dec-17 15:28:23

I've bought DP a crate of beer of a type that he likes that is only generally available online in the UK and some chocolates and other foodie treats in a stocking - total about £40.

Other popular presents have been a swiss army knife to replace one that was stolen by baggage handlers and joke Haynes manuals for spitfires, millenium falcon etc.

AlpacaPicnic Mon 18-Dec-17 15:31:06

I bought DH a statue of a scantily clad lady from some computer game he likes...
But that's a bit niche and not for everyone!
He doesn't drink, doesn't drive, doesn't shave or bloody wash some days and is a total geek. One year I bought him a set of Star Wars bedding for a laugh and he liked that!

HeatherWeather Mon 18-Dec-17 15:55:42

We’re not buying for eachother this year, instead we’re going to use the money to go towards a couple of nights out, treat our little family to a couple of special evenings in our local town which has some lovely warm & cosy family friendly pubs.

Last year I bought dp a leather rope type bracelet from a local jewellers, Bailey’s, a fancy gin, new boxers and socks grin

Thistles24 Mon 18-Dec-17 17:07:28

Bottle of whiskey, new ps4 game,Star Wars monopoly, Amazon fire stick and prime subscription, new beard trimmer and a new gym hold-all was what DH got for birthday/Christmas this year.

emsmum79 Mon 18-Dec-17 17:25:32

My dh loved sushi making lessons at Yo sushi! It was a great night and we got loads to take home (after eating loads as we made it too)

upsidedown2017 Mon 18-Dec-17 23:08:08

@PJBanana omg!! I never knew the tile key finder existed. This is amazing!! Thank you!

PuntasticUsername Mon 18-Dec-17 23:10:38

Lego. Don't judge smile

MrsDneedsaB Mon 18-Dec-17 23:41:02

I second Lego. Men never grow out of it lol anything from the Technic range is normally a good shout.

Other than that for £50 and under I get clothes as my DH never goes clothes shopping for himself. I think he almost relies on my Christmas clothes haul

SandAndSea Mon 18-Dec-17 23:48:20

Indoor Skydiving.

You're welcome. smile

PositivelyPERF Mon 18-Dec-17 23:50:45

I can tell you what smaller gifts I bought my adult boys, if that helps.

Selection of chilli oils (12 bottles)
Actifry
Blue tooth speakers
Gift basket of vegan sweets/chocolate
Soup maker
Set of four fancy wine glasses

yrhengi Mon 18-Dec-17 23:50:51

I've got DH a ukelule and a teach yourself book. I may be regretting this by Boxing Day.

PositivelyPERF Mon 18-Dec-17 23:52:11

What about a retro game? Could be a board game or Lego.

MrsHathaway Tue 19-Dec-17 00:20:02

This year DH is getting a Tile and a Grid It.

Best recent present was an Aeropress coffee maker.

SleepingStandingUp Tue 19-Dec-17 00:24:52

Whiskey
Comics (as per his gift list!)
Spiderman Egg Cup (just because...)
Socks (I am the sock binner)
Possibly a trip to the cinema for a future month

MinorRSole Tue 19-Dec-17 00:27:30

I'm married to a geek so

Chewbacca mask (he has begged hinted about this for months)
Star Wars action figures
Star Wars atlas
Drone
Anything 80s retro

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now