Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Does anyone have a Links of London tiny diamond star necklace?

(14 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Mon 18-Dec-17 13:02:45

That they could look over for me as I think I've been sold a fake hmm

They have it on qvc for £160 and it was sold in Links shops last year for £300 (I really wanted it when I saw it last Christmas in the shop in Covent Garden)

On the back of the star earrings the little 3 ring icon is stamped on the actual star as I've found images online with it. On my necklace it's only stamped on the tag with the 3 rings and I'm wondering if it should be on the star?

MrsJayy Mon 18-Dec-17 13:08:39

My Dd has that necklace i can ask her to look if you like it btw i paid £200 for it in a sale

allthecheese Mon 18-Dec-17 13:12:41

QVC is a respectable retailer and wouldn't be selling fakes. I think you're fine.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 18-Dec-17 13:13:25

That would be great! Thanks so much

This is what the side looks like (diamonds are face down) and there's no 3 ring stamp on the star itself

LaurieFairyCake Mon 18-Dec-17 13:14:40

I bought it from EBay for £80 smile

I'm now wishing I'd not been a cheapskate and bought it from QVC (where I buy everything else) for £160 hmm

MrsJayy Mon 18-Dec-17 13:18:30

I will ask her when she gets in, I don't think qvc would sell counterfiet though it is maybe that fancy london shop that makes it so pricey

MrsJayy Mon 18-Dec-17 13:19:36

Oh ebay possibility of it being fake then

SavageBeauty73 Mon 18-Dec-17 13:22:04

eBay is always a risk.

I wish I hadn't opened thread as now I'm on QVC! Itching to buy

Lucked Mon 18-Dec-17 13:27:44

Is it this one?

The video on QVC shows the pendant in a full rotation and there are no rings on the back.

Lucked Mon 18-Dec-17 13:29:55

Just wonder if it is a deliberate difference by LOL so they know which are bought in store if brought in for a fault or repair.

MrsJayy Mon 18-Dec-17 13:48:45

You can take it to a jewellers they will verify it for you.

AdidasGirl Mon 18-Dec-17 14:17:22

If you used PayPal on eBay you will be covered if it's a fake.

Whitney168 Mon 18-Dec-17 14:29:34

Presumably it is on the earrings as there is nowhere else to put it, as there is no possibility of adding a tag as there would be on the necklace? That wouldn't worry me in itself.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 18-Dec-17 14:32:06

Yes that's true, it looks exactly like the video on qvc.

I just want to know for definite it's not stamped on the star so I can keep it - it's cleaned up fine, was very tarnished. All the other right marks are there on the necklace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now