Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Frozen desserts - any good ones?

(8 Posts)
Bridechilla Sun 17-Dec-17 21:49:25

I've been asked to take a dessert to ILs Boxing Day meal. It's 2-3 hour drive.

Could I buy something frozen and let it thaw on the journey over or is that dodgy?

Any alternative suggestions? Not sure I can make anything as it'd have to be done on Christmas Eve at the latest.

MrsMotherHen Sun 17-Dec-17 21:51:25

Yeah i would or even a fresh one near thr end of your journey all the supermarkets are open boxing day I think.

Bridechilla Sun 17-Dec-17 21:52:36

Ooh, are they! Didn't know that, bit risky though. I tried to buy a tree today and here all gone, so god knows what the dessert aisle will look like on Boxing Day grin

MrsMotherHen Sun 17-Dec-17 22:02:56

Very risky but surely there will be some kind of dessert there. Loads of cakes will still be around. Cheesecakes? Ice creams? Fresh fruit salad with cream?

Makeitso Sun 17-Dec-17 22:12:21

Bit of a cheat but I'd bring meringue nests, cream and strawberries and make up pavlovas when I got there.

strawberryclouds Sun 17-Dec-17 22:21:06

Lidl do frozen salted caramel/triple chocolate cheesecakes. Both absolutely amazing.

Tawdrylocalbrouhaha Sun 17-Dec-17 22:24:48

Maybe a frozen brûlée cheesecake? They take 4 hours to defrost. I know they really take that long because I've often cracked and tried to eat them before they were thawed (top tip: you have to eat around the edges).

Nettletheelf Mon 18-Dec-17 00:03:19

Get the Asda Black Forest one. It’s lovely. Not an old style Black Forest gateau with chocolate flakes etc., it’s more modern looking. We had it for a dinner party this weekend. Takes 4 hours to defrost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now