Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Christmas Carol help!

(13 Posts)
Bubblysqueak Sun 17-Dec-17 18:40:05

I'm wracking my brains trying to think of the title if a Christmas Carol I sang in church a few years ago at a Carol concert. It was beautiful, it was the first and last time I heard it but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called.

It was a few words and I'm sure the main word began with an m, but was an unusual word. Or I could be mixing it up with something else.

Any idea what it could be?

WhiskyIrnBru Sun 17-Dec-17 18:40:51

This is quite vague OP! 😂

Balfe Sun 17-Dec-17 18:41:38

I think we need more clues grin

Happy clappy or dire and dirgy?

Balfe Sun 17-Dec-17 18:42:18

Was it Marantha?

BikeRunSki Sun 17-Dec-17 18:42:29

That really isn’t much to go on!
Was it in English?

Intercom Sun 17-Dec-17 18:43:34

Was it modern or traditional? What did you like about it? Fast or slow, low or high notes?

TheWoollybacksWife Sun 17-Dec-17 18:45:01

I was going to say either Maranatha (we sing this as an Advent hymn in my church) or Magnificat.

Bubblysqueak Sun 17-Dec-17 18:50:05

Ummmm think it was slow, quite traditional. I'm going to Google the suggestions and have a listen because I can't even remember the tune! I just remember it bringing a tear to my eye and was ting to listen to it again!

Bubblysqueak Sun 17-Dec-17 18:56:40

Not happy clappy, I think quite high in places.
Sorry for being so useless! It was really pretty but that's all I remember! It might not even have had an m in it blush

Intercom Sun 17-Dec-17 19:00:20

O Come O Come Emmanuel
O Magnum Mysterium

Bubblysqueak Sun 17-Dec-17 19:02:35

I've found it!!!!

Drum roll please......

It came upon a midnight clear.

I knew it had an m in it somewhere! Thank you for all of your suggestions, not only have I found the one I was looking for but I have been introduced to some beautiful songs.

Thank You! fgrin

Intercom Sun 17-Dec-17 23:03:37

Glad you've found it 🙂🎄That's a lovely piece.

BikeRunSki Sun 17-Dec-17 23:25:02

Yes, that is lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now