Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Northern city for 40th girls night out

(9 Posts)
Buttercupsandaisies Sun 17-Dec-17 12:56:38

Hi

Planning a girls night out for my 40th next March! Which city is best? Any recommendations for bars etc? Ideally a city where you can have fun without knowing it inside out before hand!

We usually go Liverpool as I'm local but I fancy a change

What's Leeds like? I enjoy Chester but thought it quite quiet by 11pm unless I missed the main area? Manchester I like (not been at night) but it's so big it seems like there's no main focal point /street?

Ideas would be great thank you!

Within 1.5 hours train if Liverpool ideally

Buttercupsandaisies Sun 17-Dec-17 12:57:35

So I guess I've narrowed it to Manchester Chester and Leeds 😂

Be3Al2SiO36 Sun 17-Dec-17 13:03:37

All I know is that on my Friday night train out of London, most hen parties seem to be heading for either Liverpool or Blackpool. But I never hear the rest of the story.

Buttercupsandaisies Sun 17-Dec-17 13:06:21

Really? I guess Liverpol is a fab night out! It's got everything - it's just that its my local so would just feel like a Saturday!

No way would I ever go Blackpool, been several times when younger 😂

WowserBowser Sun 17-Dec-17 13:09:03

I prefer Manchester for a night out. I used to live in Chester, and like you say, not much after a certain time.

Although I FUCKING LOVED ROSIES in my younger days

BadCarrot Sun 17-Dec-17 13:09:43

What about Newcastle On Tyne? 24 hour party city and loads to do besides partying!

Dowser Sun 17-Dec-17 13:11:03

York seems to do all right for a good night out.

PumpkinSquash Sun 17-Dec-17 13:54:19

York!
Great place for a night out.

SealSong Sun 17-Dec-17 15:54:20

Manchester! Stick to Northern Quarter area - loads of great bars and places to eat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now