Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What's everyone up to today?

(49 Posts)
lucysmam Sun 17-Dec-17 10:48:04

I'm nursing a slight hangover after our Christmas party last night; been sat in my corner next to the radiator for the past two hours & really ought to get going.

I need to wash up a few glasses (the rest was all recyclable [sp?] so I didn't have masses of washing up to do this morning. Bills need paying online and I have some Christmas gifts to finish off.

We're having McDonald's or some other fast-food for tea tonight. Both girls have reading to do and dd1 has homework.

What about you lot?

Fadingmemory Sun 17-Dec-17 10:50:49

The cinema, shopping for stocking fillers, lazing. If I can rake up some energy I will make the bread sauce and stuffing & put them in the freezer.

Magpie24 Sun 17-Dec-17 10:52:21

I need to do some present wrapping and then maybe a walk. Currently watching Saturday Kitchen!

LeonoraFlorence Sun 17-Dec-17 10:53:08

We are away this weekend before the Christmas madness begins. DDs 1, 2 and 3 are in pool with DH and his best friend and his DD. DDs 4 and 5 are napping already after a late night last night. I'm relaxing with a coffee smile Going to collect the others and we are off to local adventure park, lunch out then back to resort for soft play/xmas arts and crafts etc. Tonight it'll be dinner in the Italian in the hotel and then mini disco and show.

PinkHeart5914 Sun 17-Dec-17 10:53:29

Me, Dh, ds and dd are off out for lunch with some of dh friends and their dc. So it’s another turkey dinner for us this is the 3rd!

Ooh and I’ve got a elf of board tshirt to wear that mil bought me as I can’t fit in to my Christmas jumper due to baby bump who is due the 28th. My ds & dd are also dressed as elf’s. Dh will wear his Santa jumper fgrin

Peanutbuttercheese Sun 17-Dec-17 10:55:51

Putting up the Christmas tree, driving DS to his job, seeing some friends, boring old chores, watching a couple of episodes of Stranger Things, cooking crispy sweet chilli pork with stir friend veg.

Peanutbuttercheese Sun 17-Dec-17 10:56:26

Fried not friend, I'm not a cannibal what a typo.

BulletFox Sun 17-Dec-17 11:00:21

Stir friend veg does sound interesting grin

I've just shut the cat out of my bedroom for half an hour as she was being bonkers and I wanted peace. She's scrabbling at the door however (that started 2 minutes after my designated quiet time) so I'll have to let her in soon before she decimates it

VanGoghsLeftEar Sun 17-Dec-17 11:01:19

At 2.30pm I am watching out for fare evasion, people throwing up, parcels/bags left behind on my station or trains, helping people buy their tickets/oyster/use contactless, drinking plenty of hot tea, signing contractors in and out, dealing with drugs and alcohol/mental health problems of London, securing non-public areas, and a myriad of other matters. Until then, I have done some laundry, cleaned up after the cat, washed up, had a shower, attacked my hair into a style, and will eat my husband's roast pork for dinner. Happy Christmas!

dementedma Sun 17-Dec-17 11:05:50

tucked up in bed with a lemsip and plans to do absolutely nothing all day. Looks cold, wet and horrible out there so am staying put. Dh has gone to visit dd2, and DD1 and DS are still in bed.

MrsExpo Sun 17-Dec-17 11:10:01

Nothing much tbh. wasting time Mooching about on here, and thinking a session on the exercise bike might not be too bad an idea can't be bothered . Got lots of ironing to do, but might just put the kettle on and have a mince pie. Lots to do but not in the mood.

HeyMicky Sun 17-Dec-17 11:10:12

We leave for Christmas in Australia on Wednesday so I have packed the DDs suitcases this morning, bar comforters and pants, and have written a detailed list for my packing

We are going to a Christmas market this afternoon with PILs and SIL to see Father Xmas and feed the reindeer.

BulletFox Sun 17-Dec-17 11:10:25

VanGoghs god you're productive <wilts in the face of such energy>

Actually I need to hire you for a week.

Happy Christmas

drinkswineoutofamug Sun 17-Dec-17 11:14:46

Found some manky bananas so baking a banana and peanut butter cake.
Putting marzipan on my Christmas cakes and icing my gingerbread shapes.

BrutusMcDogface Sun 17-Dec-17 11:18:19

Still in pjs here! Son isn't well and partner has man flu and is asleep in bed. hmm

I have so much to do but really cba.

lucysmam Sun 17-Dec-17 11:32:41

Good luck @PinkHeart5914! The 28th is dd2's 8th birthday smile

millmoo Sun 17-Dec-17 11:48:25

Still in p.js ... need to go food shopping but just can’t find the energy to get dressed !

Shakey15000 Sun 17-Dec-17 11:59:48

I fell in at 3.30 this morning after a house party. Somehow remembered to set alarm as DS was bell ringing in church.

It. Hurt. Lots.

Now I'm laid on the couch recovering but trying to muster energy as I'm going out for Sunday Lunch. Actually, I think I'm still pissed from last night.

Mupflup Sun 17-Dec-17 12:10:28

Currently have a face mask on, waiting for a hungover DH to return from a trip away then leaving him to fester on the sofa with the dog and a blanket for a few hours while I do some shopping. This morning I have packed presents, cleaned, put blinds up and a lightshade, walked the dog, de-pooped the back garden and watched / sung along heartily to Frozen all by myself.

When I get back from the shops we'll lounge about and watch a Christmas film with Bailey's coffee and then later have a takeaway curry.

TheOneAndYoni Sun 17-Dec-17 12:17:35

I'm still in pyjamas. It's sunny here but not planning to go out as I'm feeling a bit under the weather and want to stay cosy. So today I'll be doing housework, finishing off a Christmas card I'm making and writing some stuff for work. And eating lots of chocolate and drinking many cups of tea.

Kursk Sun 17-Dec-17 12:20:05

Up at 7:30 but feel guilty for the lie in. Cleared snow, carried in firewood. Then made bread. Next up Finnish making the Christmas presents

MomToWedThorFriday Sun 17-Dec-17 12:20:14

It was my turn for a lie in grin Got up about 11 after waking at 10. DSs are now playing in DS2s room, no idea what they’re up to but it’s noisy!
DD and DH snuggled on the sofa watching a terrible Christmas film.
We’re off to see my DPs after bacon sandwiches for lunch. DH is then taking DS1 up to his dad’s and I’m cooking roast pork. Lots of washing to do before we’re back at school/work tomorrow! We’re all counting down to Thursday now so we can have a proper chill out!

slimyslitheryslug Sun 17-Dec-17 12:22:58

Xmas party last night so I was expecting to feel ropey today but I'm just tired. We were supposed to be off to a Christmas fair thing but the weather is miserable & the DC are playing nicely so I think we'll have an afternoon of board games & Lego instead. I'll go for a run just before it gets dark, then probably more board games or maybe some baking before going off to another drinks party this evening.

CustardOmlet Sun 17-Dec-17 12:26:49

Been out to DS1 rugby training, he’s now in the bath soaking off the mud and warming up. DS2 is supposed to be having a nap but is protesting. I’m warming my feet on the radiator! We have the rugby Christmas party later so need to get everyone ready for that and drag DH out of bed to attend (he’s on nights!). Washing machines on and when bathtimes done I’m going to organise the mountain of clean washing.

CakeNinja Sun 17-Dec-17 12:37:56

Dp has his works do last night so he is taking things easy today grin
He ran me a bath, has lit a fire downstairs and left me a duvet on it for relaxing post bath, I’m not quite up to much at the moment and he’s doing a good job at looking after me <rare>
Dds are our Christmas shopping and ds is going out with our friends to walk their doggy as he’s full of energy and they missed him bonus!!
Dp is Going to make a roast a bit later on, hopefully there will be ice cream for pudding. I’m going to lie on the sofa by the fire for the rest of the day with books and chocolate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now