Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Chickenpox?

(11 Posts)
Mooey89 Sun 17-Dec-17 08:51:35

Yesterday I noticed DS had a couple of small spots on his tummy... later that day we had more on tummy, groin, back, one behind ear, a couple in his hairline...

Braced myself for Christmas dose of chickenpox...
BUT we have done this before, and it turned out to be a weird eczema flare up, or a viral thing... he does seem to be prone to this kind of thing

One is blistered but none of the other spots have progressed at all, they aren’t itchy and DS is not unwell? He did have a slight temperature yesterday of 38, but that’s the only symptom.

I know you can’t answer, I’m going to pop to the pharmacist later to see what they think, but is there any chance that this isn’t chickenpox?! We’re doing a big Santa experience tomorrow afternoon and I have no more annual leave left for the year! 😭

Muddlingalongalone Sun 17-Dec-17 09:01:21

Dd1 has just had chicken pox And was barely unwell at all. She had lots of spots, some of which blistered and some of which didn't. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck
A shame about the Santa experience but sounds like you might not make it.
Dd2 is similar at the moment. Our theatre trip on Thurs is definitely in jeopardy

FaithEverPresent Sun 17-Dec-17 09:07:14

Are there any behind his ears? Can you post a photo? I’m no expert but it might help if you could.

Mooey89 Sun 17-Dec-17 09:16:20

There are one or two behind ears...

He’s in a bath with oilatum at the minute, here are a couple of pics

TheBewlayBrothers Sun 17-Dec-17 09:24:54

My ds has chicken pox at the moment and it does look similar to how his started. You’ll know later on if the spots keep appearing! Hope it isn’t for your sake and you can still go to the Santa experience, we’ve had to cancel loads of things this weekend, nothing you can do about it!

Mooey89 Sun 17-Dec-17 09:34:42

Even more come up since this morning... it’s definitely the pox isn’t it 😭

Crunchymum Sun 17-Dec-17 09:37:06

Looks very pox like to me I'm afraid.

Make sure you get some supplies (there is a mousse that Boots do, it is fab!!). Also grab some Piriton.

Stitchit Sun 17-Dec-17 09:39:00

Yes, it is. So sorry about your Santa experience OP, but he can't go I'm afraid.

FlyingCat Sun 17-Dec-17 10:00:35

Looks highly likely. Sorry.

ragged Sun 17-Dec-17 10:20:48

Lovely poxey boy.
Should be all scabbed over by Xmas, which is good.

Mooey89 Sun 17-Dec-17 10:24:09

Thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now