Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone else not able to sleep?

(30 Posts)
spottyblanketandtea Sun 17-Dec-17 03:59:51

I have moved from bed onto sofa and am lying with blanket and tv on and a cuppa. Had a nap today so that won't be helping.

If you are awake why can't you sleep?

I am feeling a bit rotten. Been ill for almost 2 months. No clear answers. Been now told it could be a form of cancer and have to wait for a referral - this was made last week under the urgent category. No news of when it is. I am now in total limbo. Am lying on sofa feeling feverish and yuck and no clear plan of action.

Purple39797 Sun 17-Dec-17 04:03:56

Hi spottyblanket - great minds think alike I am now making tea because a group of lunatics are partying outside my house.

health situation flowers waiting is the worst part isn’t it. But: there have been several cases of cancer in my family and all have been treated and are absolutely brilliant now. Whatever happens, remember it is NOT a death sentence. X

spottyblanketandtea Sun 17-Dec-17 04:11:13

Partying? Impressive at 4am. Do they live there?

Thanks. Yes it is the waiting that is the issue. No one seems to know what the hell it is and has taken ages to get to this option so am fretting about wasted time.

spottyblanketandtea Sun 17-Dec-17 04:12:02

I have just put on a recorded Jeremy Kyle episode. Apparently someone cheated when they were in Spain...

MiracleCure Sun 17-Dec-17 04:12:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spottyblanketandtea Sun 17-Dec-17 04:13:26

awwww

MiracleCure Sun 17-Dec-17 04:14:31

Mammyloveswine Sun 17-Dec-17 04:16:47

Oh op I hope you get answers soon and treatment

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and despite having a huge clean and clear out today I'm wide awake too 😣 don't finish work until Friday either... and have a toddler who will want to be up st 6ish.. but hubs can get up with him!

mumof06darlings Sun 17-Dec-17 04:21:09

Me shock can't sleep.
Sorry to hear you are in limbo with your health. That's hard 😕
Just feeling very sick of things tonight and feeling sorry for myself

Whisky2014 Sun 17-Dec-17 04:21:50

Yes, me. I woke up in a stressed panic and cannot get back to sleep.
My parents live abroad but are over to stay for 5 weeks staying at my brothers. Whenever they come they expect both me and my brother to drop everything and life revolves around them. I did them a favour today which resulted in my mum shouting at me and the reason she shouted had nothing to do with me. They Have been back less than a week and I'm stressed out so muchsad

CherieBabySpliffUp Sun 17-Dec-17 04:22:35

I'm awake as I've stirred to find my DP isn't back yet from a work's do. Would have thought he would be back by now

Whisky2014 Sun 17-Dec-17 04:23:25

flowers to you op.

Miracle...that is so sweet!

JoandMax Sun 17-Dec-17 04:27:16

It's morning for me now (overseas) but rubbish nights sleep. I had a call at 1am to say my lovely mum had a nasty fall on the ice, was knocked unconscious, had bad bruising and a broken arm. Feel terrible I'm not there and been worrying and restless.

SomethingPhishy Sun 17-Dec-17 04:28:36

I'm awake. Went out for tea to local pub, DP driving, unexpectedly met friends in there, ended up having 3 large glasses of wine which is a lot for me. So now I can't sleep! Had about an hour i reckon. Got my parents coming over at 9am, DS will be up at 7 so the sleep window is getting smaller. Sorry to read your news spotty, hugs to you & all us non-sleepers.

mumof06darlings Sun 17-Dec-17 04:29:29

Your poor mom but she is in good hands 🌸

Purple39797 Sun 17-Dec-17 04:32:11

@spotty it’s so much easier said than done i know but inevitably there will always be some time before our bodies let us know, go easy on yourself and for now have faith in the system. Hoping it turns out to be nothing and if worst comes to worst: something that you get the treatment you need for.

I don’t have a clue who men outside are - one is called Dave though so might be jeremy kyle man?! Who knows! They are absolutely deranged - dads gone wild or something. Im waiting for someone else to go and tell them to shut up 😭

BrizzleDrizzle Sun 17-Dec-17 04:32:27

You know you've got really bad insomnia when you put Jeremy Kyle on grin

I can't sleep, I'm currently lying awake wondering if I could get away without an Xmas tree hmm

devondream Sun 17-Dec-17 04:32:42

Sorry to hear about your health worries OP.

I am awake and in pain. Fell yesterday and hurt my wrist .... pain has been keeping me awake so suspect a fracture.

Am going to have to go for an X-ray and trying to work out how and when that is possible.

Am a single parent and moved into our house after renovations yesterday.
Am due at a family brunch today plus need to get the Christmas tree... I don't have time to be ill!!!!

Purple39797 Sun 17-Dec-17 04:33:30

Sorry cross post - for some reason i thought you wrote dave and jeremy kyle. THink i need coffee - in absence of sleep the tea isn’t making me any more coherent

MiracleCure Sun 17-Dec-17 04:35:59

Doubletrouble42 Sun 17-Dec-17 04:37:20

Me too. Partner came to bed at 2am and woke me by knocking glass of water over on bedside table. Then twin 1 woke at 330 for a cuddle. Shes back to sleep but I cant settle. Esp as I know twin 2 will be up bright and breezy around 5. Doing some online xmas shopping and having coffee!

unpackyoursuitcase Sun 17-Dec-17 04:37:36

My beautiful sister died. 12th October. I haven't really slept since.

Doubletrouble42 Sun 17-Dec-17 04:38:45

unpackyoursuitcase I'm so sorry xxx

devondream Sun 17-Dec-17 04:43:33

So sorry for your loss unpack.

Alittlebitofthis Sun 17-Dec-17 04:45:15

thanksfor you op. Hope you don't need to wait too much longer to find out.

I fell asleep on the sofa last night so been awake on and off. Dh is due to go away today and had a 6am check in so he's up rummaging about which is keeping me awake. He's been due to go away the last 2 days but flights have been cancelled due to trigger lightening.

That is sweet miracle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now