Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Agency work - what if my timesheet doesn't get approved?

(7 Posts)
tectonicplates Sat 16-Dec-17 22:07:57

I'm currently doing some office temping work for the first time in years. Years ago you'd print your timesheet, get it signed by a supervisor, and post or fax it to the agency. But now, you fill in your timesheet online, which generates an email to the client who then has to press a button to confirm they agree with your timesheet.

I did a day of work at a company earlier this week and their authorisation is showing online as still pending, which presumably means I won't get paid for it with the rest of this week's work. What happens if they don't approve it? Does that mean I just won't get paid because someone didn't agree with it?

CheapSausagesAndSpam Sun 17-Dec-17 05:02:46

Someone's probably just been lax OP. Call your agency and tell them to contact the company and ask to authorise it!

FruitCider Sun 17-Dec-17 08:28:00

I authorise timesheets for an agency, the same time sheets get to 6 of us on the same log in for authorisation. Do you know who it is that authorises them? Just give them a ring. Your agency will also be on to it x

tectonicplates Sun 17-Dec-17 17:42:06

Okay thanks blush I'll send a nice email to the agency.

AlexanderHamilton Sun 17-Dec-17 17:46:18

When is the payroll deadline? Where I work time sheets from employees, sub-contractors & agency workers are dealt with on Mondays (with a deadline of Wednesday to resolve any queries). Pay then goes into the bank on Fridays.

NovemberWitch Sun 17-Dec-17 17:57:52

I had this happen as a supply teacher, the person responsible for timesheets was ill for three days and no one bothered to pick up the slack, or let me know. I got paid a week later than usual. I was amazed how many schools think that the agency pays you, whether or not the paperwork is in on time or not. They don’t.

tectonicplates Sun 17-Dec-17 23:06:56

It does seem very unfair. Luckily I'm okay, but there will be people struggling to pay the rent because of things like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now