Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How many presents have you bought for your children?

(223 Posts)
Babababababybel23 Sat 16-Dec-17 20:52:06

I always feel like I haven't got enough no matter how many lists I make or how organized I feel.
Dd has 6 presents since she is only 3 months old.
Dss has 23, he is 13, which sounds like a lot but seems like nothing when I look through his list confused
Tell me I'm being stupid and he will be happy. I worry its not enough every bloody year.
How many presents did you buy for your children?

SunnySomer Sat 16-Dec-17 20:55:41

One. From us. Plus some little stocking stuff. He’s 10.

Nottalotta Sat 16-Dec-17 20:57:03

Ds1 has 6, he's 2. Ds2 has 3, he's 10 months.

Candyfloss1122 Sat 16-Dec-17 20:57:06

DD is 10 months and won't be getting any from us...she doesn't understand and will be thrilled to have a solid week with daddy home, don't think she needs anything more than that.

Bochdew Sat 16-Dec-17 20:58:18

6 year old and 3 year old have 18 each plus stockings. I kept track this year because the oldest had more than the youngest last year and I felt bad.

FaithEverPresent Sat 16-Dec-17 20:58:35

Honestly? I don’t count! One big present plus accessory then stocking fillers. I try not to get much because DD is the only child on my IL’s side of the family so they get her loads!

NewSense Sat 16-Dec-17 20:59:47

One here too. And socks and pants for stocking. She's only 2, but will get bits and pieces from other family members, and we don't want her to just be opening stuff after stuff. We figure she'll get a good amount of new things to play with counting family gifts, and we've not got much storage space, so will probably have to do a little clear out of old toys to fit in new gifts.

OohMavis Sat 16-Dec-17 21:01:27

15 each for DS and DD. 3 presents for DD2 who is 18 months.

Doesn't look much when all placed into a pile, but those piles cost a blimmin' fortune.

Tanfastic Sat 16-Dec-17 21:02:28

A decent pile and a stocking for ds who is 9.

These type of threads never end well. There will be criticism for those buying shit loads and you'll get the ones who just buy a thimble and a satsuma....

Sirzy Sat 16-Dec-17 21:03:23

5. He is 8 and has got a couple of Lego sets that he asked for and a few little bits.

GiveMeTheTeaAndNobodyGetsHurt Sat 16-Dec-17 21:03:31

DD has one main present, a stocking, and possibly a second smaller present which won't fit in the stocking. She's 3.

I remember in childhood and adolescence getting a main present, two or three smaller presents, and a stocking. And I never got, nor expected to get, everything on my list (obviously I hoped every year that that year would be the exception! grin)

fleshmarketclose Sat 16-Dec-17 21:04:23

Two for dd who is 14 and a stocking. She will be more than happy at that.

leccybill Sat 16-Dec-17 21:05:37

DD 7 has about 15 things to open from us, plus stocking, and Christmas Eve box.
Spent about £250.

RunningOutOfCharge Sat 16-Dec-17 21:06:42

23? Dear god ,poor kid!!

OohMavis Sat 16-Dec-17 21:08:54

For me it's tempting to buy more than I know I should because DS has gifts that are little, like an MP3 player and a new watch... they don't make a nice big pile so I feel like it isn't much, but that's me just being daft.

That's why I made myself a special festive spreadsheet grin

LadyGlitterSparkl Sat 16-Dec-17 21:09:07

Ds (8) & dd (3) blithe have around 10 each, although ds cost more than dd and bother have a few small things in their stockings like some sweets

idontlikealdi Sat 16-Dec-17 21:10:51

Mine have got two big ones from FC, and then about ten small ones from us.

genuineidiot Sat 16-Dec-17 21:11:35

I don't have any children myself, but remember when I was a child I used to get maybe 5-8 presents from parents (only ever 1 big one though) and small stocking fillers. Plus any presents from extended family.

I never had anything but a merry Christmas!

formerbabe Sat 16-Dec-17 21:14:53

DS...2 main presents...one smaller.

DD...1 main present...three smaller.

One gift to share additionally.

25-30 gifts each in their stockings...I go all out with stockings..it's the best bit of Christmas!

They'll get more from family and friends too.

Belleoftheball8 Sat 16-Dec-17 21:15:23

We have got the kids just over 30 gifts each we got some good deals with sales and 3 for 2 and a good selection of big and small we spent approx £200-£250 on each child minus their stocking. We don’t buy stuff throught the year though so at Christmas we like to treat the kids some of the stuff are a mixture of clothing, books aswell as toys. Everyone’s completely different and there’s no right or wrong way to do things.

TeenTimesTwo Sat 16-Dec-17 21:15:36

If you don't make separate piles per person it doesn't matter if one DC's gifts are physically larger than another's.

Equimum Sat 16-Dec-17 21:21:44

Ours have 5 each from us (no ‘main present’ this year, as neither wanted/ needed any big ticket items) & one from each other. For both, one of these is a package of books. They then have a stocking with 9 small items each.

EvilDoctorBallerinaRoastDuck Sat 16-Dec-17 21:22:45

4 each.

BubblesBubblesBubbles Sat 16-Dec-17 21:23:37

Dc1 has 2 main presents from us, and a really good stocking, about 20 bits it’s quaninty of quality with this one, so have wrapped new pants/sock individually. Spent about £135

Dc2 has 3 main presents (2 small and big one) and has about half of size stocking dc2 has but we have spent £150. This one is a bit easier as I can wrap socks and pants as one not individually.

They will both get massive amounts from family which I have no idea where we will put it all fhmm

IamAporcupine Sat 16-Dec-17 21:24:51

wow, I hadn't realised people bought that much - DS(5) got 2!
but I guess we do buy things through the year...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now