Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Almond paste/icing help please!

(9 Posts)
JessieJams Sat 16-Dec-17 19:06:51

Grrr haven’t made almond paste in years ... using Delia’s recipe - 2 eggs and an egg yolk to 350g almonds plus 175g each of icing and caster sugar. It’s too sticky to roll. More almonds (✔️ have added mybe another 50g) or more icing sugar? Help. Maybe it should br slightly sticky? Can anyone advise please.

IHeartKingThistle Sat 16-Dec-17 19:11:23

I'm cheating this year and buying it but I made it last year. I think it's fine to keep chucking icing sugar at it. Fridge it for a bit too maybe.

BlaWearie Sat 16-Dec-17 19:19:30

I was going to make Delia marzipan tomorrow. I think I'll find a different recipe now! Good luck!

JessieJams Sat 16-Dec-17 19:43:45

Thanks ... will try icing sugar now. Bla, she’s normally pretty reliable ... it might have been something I did!

IHeartKingThistle Sat 16-Dec-17 19:53:03

It'll be fine smile

DelurkingAJ Sat 16-Dec-17 20:13:39

I find Delia’s scone mixture much too wet too...I wonder how much colder homes were 20 years ago and if that would make any odds.

I would chuck endless icing sugar at it!

bilbodog Sat 16-Dec-17 20:39:52

Could be size of eggs - next time dont add all the egg at the beginning. Hope it works ok.

JessieJams Sat 16-Dec-17 20:53:00

It was fine after it sat for an hour. With the benefit of hindsight it would have dried enough without me adding the extra almonds. And it’s a bugger to put on ... but all done now!

JessieJams Sat 16-Dec-17 20:53:24

Thank you all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now