Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What's everyone up to this evening?

(69 Posts)
Mehmehmeh19 Sat 16-Dec-17 16:56:26

I'm off for wine and curry just me and DP.

Teen DD going to a party.

I'm really excited spend some time just me and him. Seems like it's been ages. I've a few butterflies.

So what's everyone else planned?

TheOneAndYoni Sat 16-Dec-17 16:58:01

Watching the Strictly final with a spread of lovely snacks. glitterball

TrojansAreSmegheads Sat 16-Dec-17 16:59:59

i am in bed watching netflix, doing crossstitch, eating chocolate and mning.

everyone else is downstairs . i assume they are on assorted tech but i dont know.

i am taking a day off from adulting.

BoldMcCoo Sat 16-Dec-17 17:02:35

OP is getting laid tonight! :D (enjoy, really)

We went to Lidl and M&S and spent a fortune on picky bits- meats and olives and a cheese board and crackers so we're going to stick a film on and have a feast.

DS is at his Dads. smile

Mehmehmeh19 Sat 16-Dec-17 17:02:38

I've not really gotten into strictly this year!

Trojans enjoy we all need a break from it every now and then.

LesLavandes Sat 16-Dec-17 17:05:45

I'm sitting in 'Jamie's Italian' in Gatwick airport waiting for my delayed flight to India

EllaHen Sat 16-Dec-17 17:06:51

Just finishing off a Christmas Netflix film with dd.

Dinner in about an hour. Then Strictly with some lovely g&t's. Bought the Fever Tree Clementine tonic. With pigs in blankets crisps.

Codlet Sat 16-Dec-17 17:08:05

Going to a friend’s drinks party. It will be fun but I am a bit gutted to miss the Strictly final!

ILikeyourHairyHands Sat 16-Dec-17 17:08:39

Drinking a Baileys and putting the tree up, for the first time ever we've not had to chop a bit off the top, It's exactly the right height!

Am knackered though and need to find my Christmas spirit.

WashingMatilda Sat 16-Dec-17 17:10:13

These all sound like lovely plans!!

My original plan was;
Drive to Sheffield to see family, spend a pre Christmas with them as I'm working all of Christmas

What actually happened;
Got to junction 33, clutch cable snapped and narrowly made it onto the hard shoulder. Called breakdown recovery and 7 hours waiting later now back on the M1 South going home in a recovery truck with my piece of shit car towed behind

Hoping to have a few drinks at a friends depending on what time I get back sad

SealSong Sat 16-Dec-17 17:10:26

I'm on call for work.
If I don't get called out I will be doing my make-ahead Christmas gravy, to freeze.
DP is wrapping presents and is off to the pub with a mate after tea.

QueenNefertitty Sat 16-Dec-17 17:17:25

I've got into a very bad habit since I split with DP, of letting toddler DS fall asleep next to me on the sofa on an evening while I catch up on work reporting, so that we can have extra snuggles. He's been very unwell lately with a series of q serious infections we can't seem to get to the bottom of - and I just don't want him out of my sight.

So as it's Saturday grin its TV on quietly instead of work laptop, dim lamp and Christmas tree lights, woolly blanket over us and some good books/ snacks in arms reach- just like when he was a newborn.

I'm sure I'll be flamed for putting my need to cuddle DS ahead of Sleep hygiene, but needs must...

Mishappening Sat 16-Dec-17 17:18:37

Sitting in front of the wood burner watching the Slow TV programme of a sleigh ride through Norway - with no music or narrator - just the gentle sound of the sleigh skimming through the snow for 2 hours. I have seen it before - it is so restful. Truly wonderful.

LuckyAmy1986 Sat 16-Dec-17 17:20:43

Once the kids are in bed will be watching Fear The Walking Dead with some Jack Daniel’s cider and mince pie ice cream

WashingMatilda Sat 16-Dec-17 17:21:28

queen I see absolutely nothing wrong with that at all, poor mite x

Mehmehmeh19 Sat 16-Dec-17 17:21:45

Boldmccoo

Fingers crossed wink

BrutusMcDogface Sat 16-Dec-17 17:22:06

Ah Queen. Sounds wonderful. Hope he's better soon flowers

I'm off out for dinner with friends but have to hide early pregnancy. I'm fat, tired, have nothing to wear plus it's pitch black out there and feels like bedtime.

Mehmehmeh19 Sat 16-Dec-17 17:23:44

Washinatilda

Oh no! Safe home

scatterbrainedlass Sat 16-Dec-17 17:24:59

Oooh, I love that Jack Daniels cider luckyamy! Same as always, bath and bed for 2 little ones, feed dogs, tidy up, if we get a chance sit in front of the tv for a bit before collapsing in bed

FruitCider Sat 16-Dec-17 17:25:01

I’m recovering from my child’s party today, we are going to order a curry and drink some gin whilst watching this documentary as DP has finally decided to take an interest in my job (I don’t work at the establishment in the documentary!)

https://youtu.be/ml-Y08-JTok

BulletFox Sat 16-Dec-17 17:26:10

Not much, takeaway noodles!

Bold I thought you were joking at first when I read that.

Ok we'll all buy earplugs and brace ourselves for the impending earthquakes. Do not go so far as to rattle my bookcases.

weegiemum Sat 16-Dec-17 17:27:19

It's my birthday!

So we are going out for an Italian meal followed by going to see Star Wars! I'm very excited!!

LuckyAmy1986 Sat 16-Dec-17 17:27:27

Scatter it’s delicious isn’t it?! I haven’t had the mince pie Ice cream before so hope that’s nice too

QueenNefertitty Sat 16-Dec-17 17:29:28

Thanks @matilda and @brutus .... feel very much like I'm Doing It All Wrong at the mo- and letting him sleep the first part of the night on the sofa is simultaneously lovely and makes me feel like I'm somehow failing at parenting confused

NatashaRomanov Sat 16-Dec-17 17:29:43

We are all eating pizza, ready to go watch The Last Jedi later on. Feeling ridiculously excited!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now