Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Chocolate without "natural flavourings"

(5 Posts)
ScimitarsAndScarves Sat 16-Dec-17 15:09:59

I’ve given up chocolate for a bit because I was just eating far too much of it, and now feel like I can come back to it again without having massive binges (she says).

I find that any chocolate that has “natural flavourings” or vanilla/vanilla extract in it just has me wanting to eat copious amounts, and I seem to remember reading somewhere that “flavourings” basically means something like MSG in all its addictive glory.

Does anyone know any nice chocolate that doesn’t contain stuff like that? I’m struggling to find anything without it but I’d like to be able to just eat my own body weight one or two chocolates. Or maybe I just need to accept I lack willpower and need to go chocolate free for good confused

NatashaRomanov Sat 16-Dec-17 15:45:11

Hotel Chocolat.
This is their lovely 40% milk chocolate batons, scroll for the ingredients :
www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/40pc-milk-batons.html#prefn1=productType&prefv1=Batons&start=1

ScimitarsAndScarves Sat 16-Dec-17 16:22:54

Great, thanks - will investigate further. Unfortunately I seem to remember reading an AIBU on here a bit not thinking Hotel Chocolate is that great!

NatashaRomanov Sat 16-Dec-17 17:16:34

I love Hotel Chocolat chocolates. Especially the caramel milk chocolate!
Never ordered online, but always had lovely customer service.

I also looked at Green and Black's, Love Cocoa, and Aldi's chocolates. They all seem to have vanilla in the milk chocolate. I was suprised by G&B and Love Cocoa!

ScimitarsAndScarves Sat 16-Dec-17 18:43:01

I was surprised at Green and Blacks too, but I could tell it had some sort of flavouring in it because I really didn’t want to eat it yet couldn’t stop. Glad there’s another vote for Hotel Chocolat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now