Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What's the best scented candle from TKMaxx?

(24 Posts)
JeNeSuisPasVotreMiel Sat 16-Dec-17 11:28:53

I'm trying to get most of my Xmas shopping there - any good recommendations?

BringMeTea Sat 16-Dec-17 12:46:36

The This Works ones at about 12 quid.

MrsPestilence Sat 16-Dec-17 12:51:19

They have a few Miller Harris ones half price. Still £20 shock but very nice.

whirlygirly Sat 16-Dec-17 14:03:38

Neom if you can find any, are gorgeous.

Everythingwillbeok Sat 16-Dec-17 15:04:14

I've bought loads from there recently. All are lovely and really good quality. They often have woodwick in which are my absolute fave I love the crackling wood sound. I've also bought two from there last month with a gold lid on with a little gold metal present bow on the top as a handle. They smell so good when lit. I think the quality for the price is amazing. I would go and look at the make but I'm In the bath !!

AwkwardSquad Sat 16-Dec-17 15:08:53

I second This Works. They’re my favourite scented candles.

BertrandRussell Sat 16-Dec-17 15:10:08

Amazing fake Jo Malone candles at Aldi at the moment........

Madbengalmum Sat 16-Dec-17 15:12:35

Neom are the nicest at maxx, not synthetic fragrance.

SistersOfPercy Sat 16-Dec-17 16:19:15

I like the Pecksniffs ones

whirlygirly Sat 16-Dec-17 19:51:49

Oh damn you Bertrand, I have just changed back out of my pjs and driven to Aldi for those jo malone a likes. You're right though, they're bloody good. smile

BuzzKillington Sat 16-Dec-17 19:55:25

Hate Neom candles - far too stinky for me.

NewtsSuitcase Sat 16-Dec-17 20:00:51

Neom are definitely the best and they have loads in at the moment. Don't bother with the diffusers though. I decided to treat myself to one to go with the candle. Candle is fab, diffuser is rubbish.

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Sat 16-Dec-17 20:01:23

I saw someone mention DW Home candles so grabbed one in TK maxx. It’s lovely, good throw but I only got one so can’t tell you if they are all decent. I love a posh candle but didn’t get on with Neom at all.

Sparkletastic Sat 16-Dec-17 20:25:13

This Works
Neom
Sand and Sky not bad for a cheap thrill

The Aldi knockoff JM ones are great but probably to buy for yourself and not as gifts.

MrsPestilence Sat 16-Dec-17 20:29:41

Aldi have boxes or 1,2,3 which they have had for ages and 8,9,10 orris and sandalwood, wood sage and salt, red roses. They are very good value for money.

IdaDown Sat 16-Dec-17 21:13:24

Neom - no artificial perfumes, no paraffin.

Aromatherapy Associates - like the Neom ones.

This Works

Kenneth Turner - white flowers fragrance

JeNeSuisPasVotreMiel Sat 16-Dec-17 23:25:04

I want to get one for someone who already has all the Aldi ones, so I'm hoping to find something good in TKMaxx.

JeNeSuisPasVotreMiel Sun 17-Dec-17 11:47:05

Why are the Neom ones not nice?

whirlygirly Sun 17-Dec-17 18:41:53

Well I think they are nice. It's down to personal preference. They're quite sweet and herbal smelling- like a spa kind of smell.

SloanePeterson Sun 17-Dec-17 18:45:41

I love the Neom ones but agree that's all down to personal taste. I first came across them in a beautiful hotel which and them lit in all the communal areas and they do smell very spa-like. I've also bought a brand called Olivia Blake from TK Maxx which I suspect might be one of their own brands, but they were very cheap and smelt good.

JeNeSuisPasVotreMiel Sun 17-Dec-17 18:58:18

I've never been to a spa so I'm not sure what that would smell like blushgrin

TheGrumpySquirrel Sun 17-Dec-17 18:59:39

Love Neom! And the miller Harris ones. This Works are a bit cheaper but still very nice

Nettletheelf Mon 18-Dec-17 00:17:04

Most of the scented candles in TK Maxx are flipping useless. You can barely smell them when they are lit.

The only good ones they regularly sell are This Works, Woodwick and Neom. The others are endless disappointment. I had high hopes for the Bahoma and Parks candles, but they were pretty crap. Although some of the Bahoma room sprays are good.

The Calvin Klein ones used to be good, nice fragrances and strong scents, but since I last bought them from TK Maxx they have gone crap. I had a Miller Harris candle from TK Maxx once too, but the smell was barely discernible. I suspect it was very old stock.

I’ve had the odd random win with TK Maxx random candles but (1) they are far outweighed by the misses and (2) you go back to buy another and the brand you like is never seen again! Which is the risk with TK Maxx I suppose.

Madbengalmum Tue 19-Dec-17 08:30:22

Jenesuis, majority of people like the Neom, I suspect the ones that don't like is because they are very spa like fragrances. Aromatherapy fragrances, rather than synthetic ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now