Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Most Ridiculous Row Ever

(68 Posts)
LuluJakey1 Sat 16-Dec-17 08:55:27

Here’s mine. This morning, DH and I have had a row over this. I have a photo taken on our first ever holiday together of him with an unfeasibly large testicle after being bitten by an insect. (He is occasionally known as Buster Gonad because of it - it did return to normal after antibiotics).

Anyway, somehow we got onto the subject when we were lying in bed this morning and I said if we ever got divorced I was keeping the photo. He said it was his and I said it was mine, I took it with my camera. After a bit of to-ing and froing over the subject, it ended up with me saying it was mine and I would do whatever I wanted with it and if I chose to put it on social media I would.

He then said he would have me prosecuted for publishing something obscene and likely to cause offence and I said I would claim it had a public interest on medical grounds. He said I was being fucking pathetic and I said he was.

We then fell out for about 10 minutes until he started to laugh and we both ended up just laughing at how ridiculous it was. I can only put it down to a baby who is teething, DH having a chest infection and me a bit of a cold so we haven’t slept much. We got really ratty and snappy quickly.

Anyone else?

PsychoPumpkin Sat 16-Dec-17 08:58:40

You would t really put it online would you? You may have taken the picture but it’s a sensitive one for your husband and not one I’d imagine he’d want on the Internet forever.

autumnboys Sat 16-Dec-17 09:04:03

(Now) DH & I once rowed bitterly over the issue of mature students in higher education. We were 19 & 22 at the time & at Uni. It took the first 50 miles of our journey & we drove the remaining 200 in frosty silence.

He felt that numbers should be limited, reckoning he didn’t get on his first choice of course because of ‘all the mature students’. I felt it was more likely to have been his appalling A level grades that were the issue. 20 plus years on we have never reopened the conversation.

FeckTheMagicDragon Sat 16-Dec-17 09:04:15

And this above is why we have to put lighthearted in the title smile

BackInTheRoom Sat 16-Dec-17 09:06:12

Agree @FeckTheMagicDragon 🤔

FeckTheMagicDragon Sat 16-Dec-17 09:07:55

Our worst silly argument is over Christmas decorations. I want lovely Christmas tree, maybe the odd holly wreath. He wants tinsel and (not coordinated!) shiny stuff hanging from every conceivable surface. Resurfaces every bloody year.

LuluJakey1 Sat 16-Dec-17 09:08:01

Of course I wouldn’t. It wasn’t even a serious conversation. It actually started over the hotwater bottle I have been taking to bed and not sharing with him- because he radiates heat anyway. Then we were talking about that holiday , no idea what the connection was and then laughing about the photo- which no one else has ever seen. And suddenly we were serious and then squabbling about laws and how to avoid prosecution for publishing an obscene material likely to cause moral outrage - he actually googled the law in the middle of this.

Njordsgrrrl Sat 16-Dec-17 09:11:45

About whether DD's carpet was pink or purple. Full on raging. He was even doing Angry Driving. I googled as well. (And was right)

Glittermakeseverythingbetter Sat 16-Dec-17 09:17:47

We normally have a ridiculous row at Christmas. Many years ago, we were both living separately, alone. We went shopping together and bought 2 packs of 6 mince pies. When he was going home he wanted to take a pack of mince pies. I said to leave them at mine as he would be staying at mine over Christmas.
He said he would be sharing my box of mince pies, which meant he would be getting 9 mince pies in total, while I would have 3! and he really couldn't see a problem with this!!! We argued about it!

LuluJakey1 Sat 16-Dec-17 09:18:10

Psycho He is not sensetive about it, he wanted the picture for himself. He is always telling the saga of the testicle story.

Anyway, we have agreed that if it came to a divorce at any point, I would give him an electronic copy. We are both happy with that. We have good conflict resolution skills. 🙂

buddy79 Sat 16-Dec-17 09:21:44

Ha ha love the carpet one! Worst argument DH and I have ever had in 15 years was over the correct assembly of our IKEA bed. Lasted the whole day.
My friend had a brilliant argument with a colleague over whether drinking orange juice would give you diabetes. She’s left that job now but was VERY cross about it!

ClashCityRocker Sat 16-Dec-17 09:39:35

We once had a row over what we would do if we won the lottery.

Specifically exactly who we would buy houses for.

Happily it's never come up as a real life problem.

x2boys Sat 16-Dec-17 10:17:42

oh god We have that row Clash pointless really as we rarely do the Lottery and if we do he normally loses the tickets anywAY.

Maelstrop Sat 16-Dec-17 10:25:53

We once had a fierce whispered row (his mate was staying in the room next door) about cats or dogs being more intelligent. I admit, I was on a wind up because we weren't getting along at the time. Utterly ridiculous.

Maelstrop Sat 16-Dec-17 10:29:56

We had another ridiculous row going on the Euro tunnel, trapped sat in the car. He told me he didn't like me wearing nail varnish, make up etc. I told him I'd do what I fucking liked and how dare he try to tell me I shouldn't wear them. He learnt very quickly that I would not adhere to his pathetic ideals of what women should or should not wear. I don't understand why he thought this, given his mum was quite a glamorous lady back in the day. I think, had he found a quieter person, he might have turned out quite controlling. Luckily I refused to take his nonsense.

dudsville Sat 16-Dec-17 10:31:19

One of our dogs recently got up on to our bed and had a wee. This is unlike him, it was bed time, we were exhausted, but the wee went through the bedding, through the mattress topper and into the mattress so required full on cleaning and then new sleeping arrangements. We rowed over.... anyone want to guess?..... whether or not to get a christmas tree. We ALWAYS get a christmas tree.

Toooldtobearsed Sat 16-Dec-17 10:35:29

We had a full scale, blazing row which tipped over into threats of divorce about how to divide up our £250 million lottery win.

We dont even do the lottery🤣

Toooldtobearsed Sat 16-Dec-17 10:36:40

Oops, did not realise there were so many potential not lottery winners here 😶

HeyMicky Sat 16-Dec-17 10:37:30

The only proper, blazing row DH and I have ever had was over the height at which to hang pictures on the wall.

When we moved into our new house I created the arrangements and then left him to hang them at a height of his choosing (too low, FYI). Safe that way

GriefLeavesItsMark Sat 16-Dec-17 10:37:55

About the cat.

Argument one; I called the cat stupid, and this was dissing the cat.
Argument two. Whether the cat swears, I think he is a potty mouthed fucker, dh claims cat doesn't swear.

I think I have too much time on my hands.

KatyaZamolodchikova Sat 16-Dec-17 10:43:14

We had a row two weekends ago about his inability to understand the difference between; a parfait, a brûlée, a soufflé and a fondant. I had explained the differences several time and ended the conversation by yelling ‘I’ve just told you what a bloody parfait is and I’m not telling you again!’.

We had to pick our Christmas meal options for a party. Parfait and brûlée were the only ones on the menu from said list and he’d tried to choose fondant twice despite it not being an option. angry

We did end up in hysterics after though and it was difficult to keep a straight face at the meal when desserts arrived!

Submariner Sat 16-Dec-17 10:56:29

I told him about the flooding of Capel Celyn expecting him to agree with me that this was generally 'a bad thing'. He argued that flooding of one area to create a reservoir for another happens all the time, and on a much larger/more destructive scale so it was not that bad.

My argument was that just because worse things have happened doesn't mean that this isn't also bad.

We still can't see eye to eye on this. I have threatened to bring it up in public to show him what other people think.

EastMidsGPs Sat 16-Dec-17 10:57:01

Narrow boat holiday .....
I will leave it there 😂

Suffice to say we've never been afloat since!

x2boys Sat 16-Dec-17 11:01:20

My mum and dad once had a blazing row over a pair of trousers she wanted him to buy for himself i was about six or seven i cant remember why my dad didnt want them they might habe been expensive or he didnt like them?Anyway i remember going to bed thinking they were going to get divorced and we were supposed to be going on holiday to wales the next day so i thought that was off too , when i woke up it was if the row never happened and we all happily wwent to wales , im 44 now and they are still together.

x2boys Sat 16-Dec-17 11:03:51

bless him Katya what are the differances then?...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now