Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

He has to leave, right?

(52 Posts)
SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 15-Dec-17 18:39:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JoJoSM2 Fri 15-Dec-17 18:45:36

Just tell your DH and BIL that you’d like him to move out before the baby arrives so you can live as a family unit.

MissionItsPossible Fri 15-Dec-17 18:49:37

Aside from a 6 year old telling an adult off over a messy hob hmm it sounds horrendous. Have you challenged either of them directly about these things? I would have told the GF to move the frozen food somewhere that's not in your house otherwise it's going in the bin. Lots of people need housing and would be grateful to have it at £200 a month. Can't you get him out and get someone else in? They may be a stranger but it's likely they'll leave your house in a much nicer condition.

kernowgal Fri 15-Dec-17 18:49:57

Fuck that. You've got kids of your own, you don't need to be cleaning up after someone else's.

I wouldn't be putting up with that for £200/month, however helpful that cash is. You've got another baby on the way, renovations or no I'd be wanting my house back to myself.

And I say this as someone who had a lodger who was a bit like yours in terms of leaving the kitchen in a mess, but she wasn't family. However, she also cat-sat for me on a regular basis and was no stranger to cleaning products.

Make a list of the pros and cons. I wager it will go something like this:

Cons: your list above

Pros: £200 a month

OnTheRise Fri 15-Dec-17 18:53:12

Have you told him that he needs to clean up more and respect the few boundaries you've set? Because if not, you could try that first. Otherwise, just give him a couple of weeks' notice.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 15-Dec-17 18:58:51

Gemini69 Fri 15-Dec-17 19:03:50

this is unacceptable ... you must sit them down and talk about this... it's affecting your health Lady flowers

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 15-Dec-17 19:08:00

SallySphinx Fri 15-Dec-17 19:08:54

Send him back to mil pronto.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 15-Dec-17 19:15:04

specialsubject Fri 15-Dec-17 19:19:54

Out by Monday. Plenty of warnings for these messy skanks.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 15-Dec-17 19:37:13

MissionItsPossible Fri 15-Dec-17 20:21:56

What does your husband think about the situation? It sounds like putting up with an awful lot for 200 a month. You say 'God no' to another lodger and I can understand from your experiences but at the same time you did say the 200 a month is beneficial to you and I'm certain you could pick and choose from a number of people who would be willing to pay that and who will be far less intrusive and disrespectful of your belongings and home until you get your baby's room sorted.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 15-Dec-17 20:30:27

SallySphinx Fri 15-Dec-17 20:37:15

If he is running a successful business with your dh and only paying you £200 a month then surely he can afford to rent his own place. Really, he's 25 and shouldn't be your problem. Your dh needs to give him a moving out date, especially in light of the imminent arrival of your baby.

LilOnline Fri 15-Dec-17 20:49:07

Yes - he has to leave.

You are doing him a favour by pushing him into renting his own place (he will be forced to do things for himself) or flatsharing (future flatmates will not be as understanding about his cons as you).

Gemini69 Fri 15-Dec-17 20:59:03

you're making so many excuses for him... but you know none of these reasons/reasons are your problem OP fgrin

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 15-Dec-17 21:05:58

Janetjanetjanet Fri 15-Dec-17 21:06:31

Kick him out.

TroelsLovesSquinkies Fri 15-Dec-17 22:00:22

Send him to live with the other brother.
My 23 year old was working minimum wage and paid us more than that and cleaned up after himself.
He needs to get out, tell him he has a week to get his shit together and either go home to Mum or to the other brother.
This is ridiculous. Also with the food, text the GF to get the food out immediately or it goes in the bin so you can get ready for Christmas

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 15-Dec-17 22:06:32

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 15-Dec-17 22:10:01

Gemini69 Fri 15-Dec-17 22:12:48

you're not going to do or say anything are you OP flowers

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 15-Dec-17 22:16:09

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 15-Dec-17 22:19:55

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now