Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Have you ever met your doppelganger?

(73 Posts)
Comedyshortsgamer Fri 15-Dec-17 18:35:20

I haven't but when I was in college one boy kept calling me someone else name who was also in the college so must have looked like him.

Doingthebattybat Fri 15-Dec-17 18:40:19

I haven’t met them but have seen images of mine on google. I was at a party and this guy asked if I watched Dr Who. I’m a big fan so said I had. He told me I looked just like the Drs first assistant his granddaughter Susan. When I looked at the pics of her online I did a double take as he was right. We could have been twins. It was weird.

ProperLavs Fri 15-Dec-17 18:42:56

No, but people are constantly telling me they have seen me in places I definitely wasn't. Some times a friendly argument ensues when they insist is was me because I was driving the same car and r=everything ( it wasn't me).
People have come and said they waved at me and why didn't I wave back? ( it wasn't me).
People have also waved at me frantically and I haven't got a clue who they are. So there is definitely some one, may more than one person who looks like me and apparently drives the same car.

GummyGoddess Fri 15-Dec-17 18:48:42

No, but I know she lives in the same town. I constantly have friends and work colleagues telling me they said hi to me and I ignored them. Apparently she has had a baby who looks similar to mine now as a friend saw her on the bus. She knew it wasn't me as I never take the bus.

Nickynackynoodle Fri 15-Dec-17 18:52:26

No but I saw her in a photo on the wall of a pub miles from anywhere I’ve ever been. An arty photo, not a snap IYKWIM.

I had to walk over to look at it to be sure it wasn’t me. So weird.

dailydance Fri 15-Dec-17 18:53:21

Yes; she has different colour eyes, but everything else is the same. It was surreal. I'm quite striking looking (not necessarily good) so it was v bizarre.

My dad saw her one day and pulled in to ask "me" if I wanted a lift. Poor girl mustn't have known what was going on. My ex also saw her once and shouted over to her thinking it was me.

RaidTheCupboards Fri 15-Dec-17 18:57:32

No I haven’t yet met Angelina Jolie

catiinbo0ts Fri 15-Dec-17 18:59:29

No but she's been in film nearly 20 years ago. Not particularly attractive but freaked out all my friends and family at the time.

Justkeepleft Fri 15-Dec-17 19:01:03

Yes. We went to the same highschool. Our mothers were next to each other in the maternity ward. Our mothers confused us many times .

Zaphodsotherhead Fri 15-Dec-17 19:01:56

No but I used to live in a small country town with mine. People were always telling me about her and how much alike we were, but I never met her. I only know that they weren't talking about having seen 'me', because they were always mentioning how she fed her goats - and I didn't have goats.

NormHonal Fri 15-Dec-17 19:03:12

No, but I used to work near mine. I used to have strange half-conversations with people in the shops at lunchtimes that implied they thought they were talking to someone else who looked exactly like me. A lot of people very concerned about "my" welfare, was I ok now, etc.

ShowOfHands Fri 15-Dec-17 19:04:03

I went to high school with her. Teachers couldn't tell us apart. Even my Mum was slightly taken aback when we first met and from behind mistook her for me on two occasions.

MissWilmottsGhost Fri 15-Dec-17 19:04:15

No, but I was shown a picture of her by a male colleague. I did have to think for a minute whether I had ever posed for photos wearing pink hot pants and nothing else shock

Creepy. Colleague had the photo saved in his phone <shudder>

CanIBuffalo Fri 15-Dec-17 19:05:27

Yes. It was very odd.

Panicattheschoolgate Fri 15-Dec-17 19:08:07

No but my friend was convinced I looked at exactly like a French sprint runner from the last Olympic Games on Tv. It wasn't s good thing.

StabbyBitchTheEvilWitch Fri 15-Dec-17 19:14:56

Showofhands & justkeepleft
Are you talking about each other 😱

howdidthathappen76 Fri 15-Dec-17 19:16:33

Yes, another mum at my son's school. She was a Governor at the school and teachers were always talking to me as if I were her. We both thought it was hilarious. She's moved away now.

specialsubject Fri 15-Dec-17 19:17:31

No but they do exist, as I have also had people telling me all about where they saw me. Somewhere I have never been.

grasspigeons Fri 15-Dec-17 19:22:09

I used to get asked if I still worked at a local school a lot ( I didn't - I worked for a law firm!) its stopped now, but for years I was forever being mistaken for this person. Never met her.

wellthatslife Fri 15-Dec-17 19:22:18

No but one of the teachers at dds school apparently looks just like me. As I was coming out of the school one day 2 of the teachers came up to me and started talking to me about parents evening, it was only when I looked confused that they did a double take and realised I wasn't her!

ElleLondon Fri 15-Dec-17 19:22:52

Constantly have people telling me they saw me somewhere I have never been. When I was 10 my mum was convinced a girl in a picture in the local paper was me but I knew it wasn't. I obviously have a very generic face.

annandale Fri 15-Dec-17 19:26:49

Yes, she's the mum of a lad in ds's year. I've had a couple of people get cross with me for not answering to 'my' name.

It's not an encouraging mistake tbh.

FergalBurgal Fri 15-Dec-17 19:33:28

I saw myself on a photo taken at a music venue in the city I live in, both DH and DM agreed it was me. I didn't recognise the scarf I was wearing though, turned out the picture was taken over a year after I'd last been there and there was no way it was me.
A boy recently joined my daughter's class who has an almost identical face to a boy in the other class in her year group, he's just a bit shorter.
Weird.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Fri 15-Dec-17 19:34:40

There couldn't possibly be 2 spiders.grin.
Great thread BTW.

midsomermurderess Fri 15-Dec-17 19:35:43

Not that I hve met but over the years, and in various different locations, I have had people almost insisting that I am in fact not me but “Clare’. No idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now