Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Stationery

(51 Posts)
dalek Fri 15-Dec-17 18:11:17

Please tell me about your beautiful purchases - in particular pens and notebooks/diaries.

Feel the need to make a purchase

And.....

My name is Dalek and I am a stationery addict. Not only that I have passed my addiction on to my daughter.

FourEyesGood Fri 15-Dec-17 18:14:33

I love my Lamy Safari fountain pen. Might have to get another so I can use a different colour of ink with it!

JoJoSM2 Fri 15-Dec-17 18:23:03

Smiggle, Paperchase and TK Max are my go to places for cute things.

Parsleyisntfood Fri 15-Dec-17 18:25:31

All I’ve asked for for Christmas is stationary. And no one has bought me any “because I haven’t used last years”. I’m hoping they are joking.
Currently I am swooning over Chinese mechanical pencils. I have 2 but need more.

dalek Fri 15-Dec-17 18:52:36

Is Smiggle not a bit childish?

Never think to look in TK Maxx - will make a trip.

What colour inks do you fancy FourEyes?

dalek Fri 15-Dec-17 18:53:56

Do I need a Kaweco pen?

www.hamiltonpens.com/products/kaweco-perkeo-fountain-pen-cotton-candy?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=35772506001&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkNnwmNiM2AIVpgrTCh3PnQDSEAQYBSABEgLTK_D_BwE

dalek Fri 15-Dec-17 18:54:27

Tell me about Chinese mechanical pencils

Parsleyisntfood Fri 15-Dec-17 19:02:50

That Kaweco pen is beautiful! It would look so nice with a moleskin note book.
I ordered the pencils from the Wish app, the pens are bit hit or miss but the pencils are amazing. I have 2 with a VERY hard led like 6H or something and another which has a rectangular lead (like a joiners pencil) and it makes my handwriting beautiful. I love them and tell anyone who expressives a vague interest.

Frith1975 Fri 15-Dec-17 19:15:48

My favourite pen is my fountain pen (a Parker) I was given when I was 9. Have another nice Parker so there is always one with blue ink and one with black.

Favourite pencil crayons are some I got from Tiger that have recycled Chinese newspaper wrapped round (they’re much more beautiful than my description).

user1488286290 Fri 15-Dec-17 19:30:55

I have a lamy fountain pen and use herbin ink in "poussiere de lune" - a gorgeous purple grin

NotEnoughCushions Fri 15-Dec-17 19:37:59

You need one of these...

https://www.moo.com/uk/products/notebooks/moo-hardcover-notebook.html

It's a thing of beauty! Just the thing for New Year 'to do' lists. 😊

Spartaca Fri 15-Dec-17 19:38:22

I'm quite functional at the moment, have gone back to my well loved Roterfaden notebook cover, but have just ordered a berry Leuchtturm diary for it in place of the German one. I struggle with diaries as I am so particular over the layout, even the Journal Shop didn't have what I wanted. Am only using a Frixion pen at the moment, hugely practical but very boring! Love the Kaweco above.

NotEnoughCushions Fri 15-Dec-17 19:38:36

My bank balance hates these threads...

UnicornMadeOfPinkGlitter Fri 15-Dec-17 19:44:27

I love stationery but feel my taste may verge on tacky compared to the beautiful pens mentioned here.

I placed an order for sparkly holographic notebooks, pens, highlighters with ‘sassy’ slogans, and a few other things like pencil sets from skinnydip as they had a sale on.

I’ve even brought beautiful cream with rose gold script note book from home bargains for 99p.

My daughter likes stationery as wel but her taste is much darker than mine think black pens with antique gold snakes on from paperchase as she’s Harry Potter obsessed.

scrivette Fri 15-Dec-17 19:48:26

Your bank account won't like you but Smythson stationery is amazing!

I also love my Parker fountain pen.

FourEyesGood Fri 15-Dec-17 22:11:11

dalek My current pen is permanently loaded with emerald green (I’m a teacher and we have to use green at our school; this pen makes marking less of a chore). I quite fancy a good blue - maybe a teal sort of shade? I can’t decide.

LadyDeadpool Fri 15-Dec-17 22:12:55

What you need is a dip pen and 5 million bottles of beautiful ink - plain, shimmering, metallic, and in every colour of the rainbow and scented too!

dalek Sat 16-Dec-17 01:17:16

Emerald green ink sounds like a thing of beauty. Can you buy cartridges or do I have to go down the bottled ink route?

RB68 Sat 16-Dec-17 01:29:44

I have found my people - I too have passed on my love of all things papery and penlike.

ladybird69 Sat 16-Dec-17 03:45:56

I love using cult pens smile fantastic service and quite often get a freebie and some sweeties in with your order 😁 I m easily pleased

user1488286290 Sat 16-Dec-17 08:52:00

Dalek J. Herbin do a lovely green called Vert Empire and it comes in standard size cartridges!

FourEyesGood Sat 16-Dec-17 19:02:36

@dalek
These are the ones I use. I’m sure they used to be called ‘emerald green’ rather than just ‘green’!

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000FA5DWA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ref=plSrch&keywords=lamy+green+ink+cartridges&dpPl=1&dpID=41RkY6sQ3SL&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1513450832&sr=8-1

ElephantsandTigers Sat 16-Dec-17 19:10:19

I've asked for a fountain pen for Christmas and just showed DH the Lamy green cartridges wink

HermionesRightHook Sat 16-Dec-17 19:23:00

J Herbin is sex on legs for fountain pen ink.

Also I am currently in love with KikiK stuff. It's all inspirational and happiness journals and everything is rise gold and pricey but it's glorious. Love it all so much.

I have a great Kaweco pen, I love it. Small and chubby and writes sweetly.

RaspberryOverload Sat 16-Dec-17 19:57:55

DD has a gorgeous KikkiK planner in a mint green, she makes her own pages for it.

I'm the one with a liking for fountain pens, and lots of different ink colours. I currently have 3 pens I use on a daily basis, currently loaded with a Cocoa Shimmer ink, a Claret and a Majestic Purple ink. All inks by Diamine and bought from Cult Pens (they seem to be cheaper from there, but looking at Diamine's own website gives a good colour chart.

I think, looking at the links, there's always room for more.... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now