Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If there was a zombie apocalypse...

(35 Posts)
DenPerry Fri 15-Dec-17 16:21:11

What one item (only one!) could you not live without and so your first thought (after family wink) would be to go stock up on it from the abandoned shops?
Mine would be vaseline for my lips. Just can't cope with them being dry.. then licking them and making them drier. It's a running joke that there is an open tin in all my photos.
As long as I have it then I could sort out some shitty zombies.

NewtsSuitcase Fri 15-Dec-17 16:23:20

red bull

Cheesymonster Fri 15-Dec-17 16:23:28

Toilet paper

user1471459936 Fri 15-Dec-17 16:24:35

Paracetamol. I'm useless when in pain. Though autocorrect suggested parachute which might be useful.

ScreamingValenta Fri 15-Dec-17 16:29:20

Cigarettes

Silverstreaks Sat 16-Dec-17 00:22:16

Contact lenses.
Definitely zombie fodder without them.

nancy75 Sat 16-Dec-17 00:24:07

Was about t say my glasses, without them I wouldn’t see the zombies coming (although I would walk like one so that might help)

MayhemandMadness01 Sat 16-Dec-17 00:28:18

Trainers, absolutely hate it if my feet hurt, can cope with most things but not that.

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Sat 16-Dec-17 00:53:52

Inhalers <wheeze>

I’m sorry DenPerry but the image of a bunch of salivating zombies trying to smash down your front door, glass everywhere, the air thick with screams and panic - with you smacking gasping zombie hands poking through holes in the windows and your presiding worry being your dry lips 😂

Mind you’ll probably have the last laugh; victorious against the zombies AND with fabulously glossy lips while I’d be a not-so-wheezy mess with pasty, clammy lips like Nasty Nick from Big Brother. 😁

Razorboy Sat 16-Dec-17 00:59:58

Antibiotics. We would all die of crap stuff without them

Sugarnut Sat 16-Dec-17 01:09:11

A big fucking gun grin I’m called ‘shotgun-sugarnut in my gaming circles’

(Though more than likely I’d be too terrified of the real thing to touch it, maybe I could offer it to the zombie and run while he’s figuring it out?)

Battleax Sat 16-Dec-17 01:20:22

Oh Lordy. I've been thinking about this while binge watching TWD. So...

Inhalers
Six other prescription medications
Contact lenses, case and fluids
Glasses
Crutches

Then there's the real essentials;

Frizz ease
Lip balm
Sun screen
Hairbrush
Hair ties

I think I'm too old and decrepit for this zombie apocalypse lark, TBH.

Maybe just a cyanide pill?

talllikejerryhall Sat 16-Dec-17 01:27:25

Oh wow, great question! ok, so every day without fail I use my make up bag, but presuming that'll fall by wayside when zombies attack. Phone I did without for 18 years until they came about, so that can go. I'm grossed out by idea of skanky knickers, but I'll find a stream or working tap. First supermarket I hit, I am stealing every tampon they have, should keep me going. You know what I abso-fucking-lutely hate being caught without though? Tweezers. My kid took them out my make up bag the other day and I just felt so uncomfortable as my spiky moly hair grew in, with no reprieve. Found it in her toy box and plucked the hell out my face.

So for sheer personal indulgence, I'll say tweezers. Anyone else with me?

TheDrsDocMartens Sat 16-Dec-17 02:54:29

Pepsi blush

PlummyBrummy Sat 16-Dec-17 04:29:37

I second tweezers!

Johnnycomelately1 Sat 16-Dec-17 04:34:33

contact lenses, otherwise I'm zombie fodder

LazySusan11 Sat 16-Dec-17 04:38:12

Cattle prod or a taser...I'm not being bitten by those bastards.

Battleax Sat 16-Dec-17 04:38:13

Yes tweezers! Also nail clippers and plenty of emery boards. I need to pack a wheelie smile

Melony6 Sat 16-Dec-17 04:39:23

Can’t take phone as they would track you down with the signal, I’d take padded ski jscket - v warm and weather proof . I love it at this time of year.

KHShasabigproblem Sat 16-Dec-17 07:14:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

StealthPolarBear Sat 16-Dec-17 07:15:23

Diet coke

DenPerry Sat 16-Dec-17 21:41:27

Oh crap, I forgot nail clippers. My singular bristly mole hair will be smug in its growth. And I hate the feeling of chipped nails!

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Love your username 😂 Maybe I could also use the vaseline as a plug for my nose and have a constant covering of undead innards on me so they bypass me!

OrangeFluff Sat 16-Dec-17 22:27:15

OP I have one of those little vaseline tins with me at all times too! I have one on my bedside table, one in my office, one in the living room and one in my handbag. I also have some spares just in case... Apparently people (me) can get addicted to using the stuff. I really should go cold turkey just in case the zombies do attack.

Babababababybel23 Sat 16-Dec-17 22:31:26

I saw a Negan bat on sale at a christmas market today. So I would go and get one of those.
If they have been raided before i arrive, I would take a hairbrush. I couldn't survive having tatty hair it drives me insane

Brahumbug Sat 16-Dec-17 22:45:28

What you really need in a zombie attack is a friend who can't run as fast as you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now