Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I've disguised myself as a binbag. How long before I'm discovered?

(24 Posts)
OvO Fri 15-Dec-17 10:49:32

Moving house today. < stress stress stress >

The movers are here (DH is dealing with them) so I've thrown massive black cape over me and and curled up on the sofa.

No one seems to know I'm a person.

I wonder if one of them will try to pick me up? grin

PsychoPumpkin Fri 15-Dec-17 10:51:04

Have a nap, with any luck they’ll be so busy they won’t find you for ages!

ImminentDisaster Fri 15-Dec-17 10:52:03

Good luck, hope it all goes well! You may not be found for some time.

I reckon if I disguised myself as a basket of laundry and put myself at the bottom of the stairs, no one would find me for a good 3 weeks. wink

BulletFox Fri 15-Dec-17 10:52:25

Oh you just want them to, don't you.

Come here my little binbag!!

Seriously I've done it twice recently, moving is horrid and painful. Hope it goes ok. Keep up the binbag pretense and they should transport you inert and psinlessly

BulletFox Fri 15-Dec-17 10:53:17

*oh god that sounded rude, painlessly

OvO Fri 15-Dec-17 10:54:33

Ooo, if they packed me in the van too that would be excellent! What an idea. I wouldn't even need to get off the sofa.

BulletFox Fri 15-Dec-17 10:57:05

You could just quiver in the corner and get transported out.

Yeah hide, best policy. Use all your best acting skills. You are now a binbag <visualise>

OvO Fri 15-Dec-17 10:59:33

I feel like I have all the skills needed. My life has been leading up to this acting moment!

BulletFox Fri 15-Dec-17 11:02:34

Stay very still. And binbag like.

Fool your DH as well.

You'll have to update later and tell us if you won an oscar grin

MammaTJ Fri 15-Dec-17 11:14:20

I last moved over 18 years ago. I am never moving again!

I moved in to this house with a husband, 15 year old step daughter and 4 year old DD. They all moved out! I have three other people here now.

Step daughter moved out at 17, then H left me, then I met DP, had DD2 and DS, then DD1 moved in with her Dad.

They may all come and go, but I am never moving ever again!

Good luck with the move. Good luck with the continuing disguise!

OvO Fri 15-Dec-17 11:17:33

I've told my DH I'm never moving again!

I moved here 10 years ago with a 2 year old and 5 months pregnant but wasn't stressed at all. This time I'm a nervous wreck!

I need to pee. But I don't want to give up my disguise.

Two of them have just stood next to me chatting. They've no idea. grin

BulletFox Fri 15-Dec-17 11:19:36

You're doing well then...they already realise you're a binbag. They might be a bit rough with you however

GrapesAreMyJam Fri 15-Dec-17 11:26:19

I wish I had thought of that when I moved

FatherChewieLouie Fri 15-Dec-17 11:32:46

grin

My friend's moving today. Don't tell me if just found her/you on MN?shock

BulletFox Fri 15-Dec-17 11:35:15

Father oh god that's added stress. She's trying to hide and be a binbag, she doesn't need to be 'discovered' online right at this moment

ItsInTheDogsMouth Fri 15-Dec-17 11:45:18

But what if they drop her into the dustbin on their way out to the removal van? Oh no...hang on, if it's men doing the moving they wouldn't use their initiative like that....

FatherChewieLouie Fri 15-Dec-17 11:51:37

BulletFox grin

TheTasteOfInk Fri 15-Dec-17 22:28:14

OvO did you make it as a bin bag ornament? We live in the same town i believe after a thread about local june festivals.

Not seen any rampant OvO has been shot bound and gagged in a binbag at the E-dump/recycling place. Infact everyones chatting bout santa coming to ours tonight wink

FatherChewieLouie Sat 16-Dec-17 01:31:05

Maybe she's been flung in the bin?shock

Battleax Sat 16-Dec-17 01:54:50

shock

OvO Tue 19-Dec-17 11:59:59

You can't be my friend, Louie. I don't have any! fgrin

My binbag disguise held until my DH came in and said the keys were ready to be picked up and I threw my disguise off. There were surprised noises from the movers but I don't think any of them wanted to admit they hadn't known I was a person!

I have no internet (not until the 27th, but BT are bastards so probably not until the new year shock) so have had no MN since I last posted. I'm having to talk to my family. <cries>

I'm Mumsnetting from ikea. fgrin

BulletFox Tue 19-Dec-17 12:01:40

You've done good, little binbag

Battleax Tue 19-Dec-17 12:10:12

Yeah the talking to family thing is a drag. Just keep it light and non-committal and do NOT be drawn into any family NU resolutions that will eat into your Mumsnetting time . It's only for a week or two flowers

OvO Tue 19-Dec-17 12:15:52

Yeah, I'm discovering I like them all so much less than I thought I did. wink

I'm now ready to take my binbag act nationwide. I think it'll be a hit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now