Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Oh I can't bloody sleep. Fed up. Anyone else awake?

(45 Posts)
BulletFox Fri 15-Dec-17 02:48:22

I've recently moved (although lifelong insomnia is obviously not new) and I can't sleep.

Tempted to put on music medium volume smile (I'd only potentially wake up one of the neighbours and they've already met me, my cat, and my Aunty. And say they are being terrorised by 3 females grin)

BulletFox Fri 15-Dec-17 02:50:37

I even have the neighbour's heater actually. Someone, somewhere, tell me something interesting

CakeNinja Fri 15-Dec-17 02:50:58

Me! Fed up, fell asleep pretty well at about 11 only to jolt back awake at 12:20. That’s probably it for me and sleep tonight although I’m secretly hoping not! My shopping is coming between 6-7 so alarm is set for 3 hours from now. In 3 hours time, I’ll be dog tired and cursing my stupid body and it’s inability to do what it’s supposed to!

MiracleCure Fri 15-Dec-17 02:51:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

laudanum Fri 15-Dec-17 02:52:09

I'm always awake at this time.

https://t.co/5drR2HEe6H

Watch that if you need a laugh.

MiracleCure Fri 15-Dec-17 02:52:55

TheMasterNotMargarita Fri 15-Dec-17 02:55:27

Morning!
I go to bed super early with the baby then end up wide awake at stupid o clock.
Then end up exhausted again so go to bed super early.....
Also have insomnia so even when baby sleeps I lie awake for hours. I read a lot of trashy books.
It's so dark so early in the evening though.

BulletFox Fri 15-Dec-17 02:57:54

laudanum??

I once walked around all day at work without realising I'd started my period and had a bright red stain on my bottom! Please don't inflict me with that video! And no fucker told me! That is the bit I don't get...

paddyplaistow Fri 15-Dec-17 03:01:55

Me. DH keeps calling for me. He has alzheimers and his DB died yesterday. Keeps crying and says "why do I cry ?"tell him again and it all repeats. Wish I could move, OP, on my own, obvs. Worn out. And the aged cat is also gaga and shits everywhere. So does DH. Sheesh. So tired.

Flyingprettycretonnecurtains Fri 15-Dec-17 03:07:35

Me too. Got indigestion from a pub meal (repeating fish pie...nice). Awake cos it is the end of term today and I've got to get to the end of a whole school show, which should have been organised by a senior manager but he isn't up to the job and has done nothing. I've been running around like a headless chicken doing all the 'wifework' of this thing whilst having to deal with lots of situations occuring on the way. If I can get to 1.00 pm today without melting down, killing someone or crying, I will be considering it a victory. Plus I now have a colleague, whom I thought was a friend, essentially bite my head off nastily yesterday and has been a bit off with me for a while. She's not been the same with me since I got cancer in April (all cured and done with but a rocky road which I've tried to keep light hearted for those around me). Perhaps I've moaned too much about stuff (don't think I have but there is a possibility).

Fadingmemory Fri 15-Dec-17 03:10:35

Woken by Fadingcat about to vom a furball. Managed to get him into the garden but am now wide awake. (He can come back in through the catflap any time he likes - he is not locked out).

I have never been a "good" sleeper and am accustomed to fatigue. I use the time to read or listen/watch on iplayer although tonight I will finish writing Christmas cards and letters. I have a meeting in the morning followed by several hours of manual work. The latter is outdoors and it's very cold here so I look forward to being rosy of cheek.

Sympathy to all of you with much more demanding jobs than mine and/or young families, or who suffer from anxiety.

Flyingprettycretonnecurtains Fri 15-Dec-17 03:10:49

Paddy, that sounds tough. brewbrewbrewbrewbrew.

MiracleCure Fri 15-Dec-17 03:11:50

Kevinbaconsrealwife Fri 15-Dec-17 03:17:08

Oh Paddy, bless your heart....my reason for being up is minor in comparison.....spent 10 days in hospital with a blocked bowel ( stoma) only to come home start feeling better and then my husband went down with a horrendous virus on Monday which I caught on Tuesday.....so another horrendous week!!! Also my mum died in the summer and even though I'm in my 40,s it's the fist time I've ever been really poorly anyway but also the first time she wasn't around....made for some sad and lonely nights in hospital....anyway sending you all sleep vibes and gentle unmumsnetty hugs xx

Flyingprettycretonnecurtains Fri 15-Dec-17 03:20:23

Thank you miracle. I'm going to Gaviscon in a mo (who knew it was a verb).

LizTaylorsFabulousTurban Fri 15-Dec-17 03:21:03

flowers paddyplaistow

I'm awake because I am full of cold and keep sneezing myself awake since midnight. I'm interviewing all day tomorrow and am going to be a zombie.

StewPots Fri 15-Dec-17 03:22:08

Me! Having a bad bout of insomnia this week, had a 13hr shift yesterday, another today and one tomorrow.

Urrrgh. Oddly I've had various sleepers over the years from the GP but they didn't work but good old Sominex OTC does. Can't take it at the moment though as it makes me feel too groggy so that's a PITA. Too much sleep does me no good either!

laudanum Fri 15-Dec-17 03:23:14

Been there with the Red Sea ruining my trousers with no warning, several times unfortunately. Folks always said they'd level out as I got older, but nope. It's like the elevator scene in The Shining every month. I have to laugh at the situation for myself otherwise I'll just cry.

paddyplaistow Fri 15-Dec-17 03:23:22

It is lonely, even though I am constantly busy. You wouldn't think I would have the time to feel lonely.DH has dropped off so will try to sleep, with one ear open. Bought a bottle of wine for the weekend. Bugger it, it's going to bed with me ! Thankyou for your thoughts flowers sweet dreams

TatianaLarina Fri 15-Dec-17 03:23:47

My DH just went to the loo and the loo made the most extraordinarily loud noise that woke me up. There is clearly a huge amount of air in the system, we had to take the lid of the tank and tie the ballcock to the handle. I’m now fully wide awake. Plumber first thing tomorrow.

StewPots Fri 15-Dec-17 03:24:10

Paddy thanksfor you.

cafenoirbiscuit Fri 15-Dec-17 03:29:33

Me. I’ve been awake since 2 and am v fed up 😢

newmum7369 Fri 15-Dec-17 03:35:18

Me! DS (4 months) has bronchitis, I think his throat must be sore as he keeps waking up in pain. He's asleep on me like this at the moment so don't think I'll be going anywhere for a minute.......

newmum7369 Fri 15-Dec-17 03:36:28

thanks,wineand cake to those who need it, some tough stuff on here x

Kevinbaconsrealwife Fri 15-Dec-17 03:39:35

Aaahhhh , newmum, what a gorgeous boy!!!! Hope he feels better soon bless him xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now