Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Christmas jumper day.

(31 Posts)
Undercoverbanana Thu 14-Dec-17 21:59:28

FFS. Talk me through it. Hand hold. Whatever you can offer.

Anasnake Thu 14-Dec-17 22:00:55

I've got my finest primark ready - comes out every year confused

Growingboys Thu 14-Dec-17 22:02:01

I kept my five quid H&M number from last year - feeling smug about that.

YesThisIsMe Thu 14-Dec-17 22:02:05

Are you looking for help for yourself or DC?

YesThisIsMe Thu 14-Dec-17 22:03:30

I have a pure acrylic number from 1991. Worth every penny and utterly indestructible. DD is wearing a jumper knitted for DH many years ago by his dear departed DGM.

Leanin15yearsmaybe Thu 14-Dec-17 22:05:25

Don't know if this is adult or child related but in both instances.....eBay is your friend....

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 14-Dec-17 22:06:28

Can I put dd in a Xmas tunic she does not have a Xmas jumper?

Undercoverbanana Thu 14-Dec-17 22:08:41

Workplace Christmas Jumper Day.

I don't own any jumpers, let alone a Christmas one. Too hot and scratchy.

I don't support the charity that we "are doing it for".

I am a miserable bitch and want this all over with.

I do not want want all these Christmas cards either. Please do not waste your time and money, never mind the waste and damage to the environment. I'm not even opening them. I've never met your bloke or your family and you have never met DP, so they really, really don't wish him a happy Christmas do they?

BobbinThreadbare123 Thu 14-Dec-17 22:09:37

Ahhh a fellow Grinch!

SavoyCabbage Thu 14-Dec-17 22:10:15

Don’t do it then. Any of it.

BillywilliamV Thu 14-Dec-17 22:11:23

Take the day off, you’re only going to ruin things for everyone else with your attitude

NecklessMumster Thu 14-Dec-17 22:11:58

Well I lost the plot on Tuesday and spent £30 on a motion activated light up one from M and S cos the woman in Primark looked at me liked I was stupid and said they'd sold out long ago. Bloody ds better wear it now

MrsHathaway Thu 14-Dec-17 22:12:59

I bloody love them blush and have worn them every year for ages, when they were expensive and difficult to get hold of. I have four this year, for different kinds of occasions. DC have them coming out of their ears (we often get samples in April for nothing).

I like that everyone looks equally ridiculous in them. A great leveller. Some corny jokes and some whimsical images.

EvilDoctorBallerinaRoastDuck Thu 14-Dec-17 22:13:09

Don't do it. Have you got a tshirt that says "Just fuck off"? fgrin

Purpleprickles Thu 14-Dec-17 22:13:52

Pop some tinsel round your neck and you'll be fine.

SkyIsTooHigh Thu 14-Dec-17 22:14:05

Wear normal jumper, red or green if possible. Adorn self/child (delete as applicable) with tinsel. Adapt any suitable christmas decorations into earrings/hats/head ornaments if you really must.

30 years ago when I was at school, we wore red and green for carol practices. It was lovely, every bit as festive without any needless consumerism. Bah humbug!

happystory Thu 14-Dec-17 22:14:36

Flipping heck, what's the problem? Christmas jumpers are cheap as chips. Give to a charity you support instead.

Undercoverbanana Thu 14-Dec-17 22:14:38

Great idea Billy, but the rota doesn't allow it. I don't want to use up my holiday at this shitty time of year anyway. I shall stay out of everyone's way, hunker down and pray for 4.59pm. Oh wait, I do that every day.

MrsHathaway Thu 14-Dec-17 22:15:31

Cross posted.

I also have a 100% cotton Christmas t shirt, and a skater style Christmas dress. They're useful in situations where a Christmas jumper would be sweaty misery.

You could buy a bag of mint humbugs and offer one to every overly chirpy twat who challenges you tomorrow. And commit to making a donation to a charity you feel more drawn to.

MyfanwyMontez Thu 14-Dec-17 22:15:33

My DH is going to buy a cheap White T-shirt and write "I've got a machine gun HoHoHo "on it in red marker pen.He loves Die Hard.

Undercoverbanana Thu 14-Dec-17 22:15:41

Evildoctor - funny you should suggest that .........

Bufferingkisses Thu 14-Dec-17 23:21:46

Last jumper day I conceded and wore socks stolen from my child under my boots. No-one could say I didn't join in amd I didn't have to compromise too much.

I did raise an official, justified, objection about the charity though smile

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 14-Dec-17 23:23:59

Oh FFS. DC has one tomorrow. I was told after school today. DC will not be wearing one.

Jubejube1 Fri 15-Dec-17 02:01:42

Just say you’ve got your Ho Ho Ho knickers on instead.

CakeNinja Fri 15-Dec-17 02:29:05

I’m just wearing my normal clothes into work tomorrow, it’s a little protest as I hate the tackiness of Christmas jumpers grin
I feel the electric shocks just by looking at them!
I will however, stick a tenner in the charity pot in lieu of wearing a jumper, I’m not a Scrooge, just a snob grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now