Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Does your DH leave all the Christmas presents to you?

(167 Posts)
LilacBearberry Thu 14-Dec-17 20:51:01

I don't have a DH/children, but my dad has always done this. He'll pay for them, but he won't ever get involved. This seems to be quite common...?

Neolara Thu 14-Dec-17 20:53:05

Yes. All of them thought of, bought and wrapped by me.

cheminotte Thu 14-Dec-17 20:54:22

He tries. I'm revolting this year and letting him sort out his own parents and nieces / nephews.
I will be doing all the wrapping for our DC for sure.

dementedpixie Thu 14-Dec-17 20:54:32

No dh orders stuff too. I have to check what he's bought so I don't duplicate

GertrudeCB Thu 14-Dec-17 20:54:36

No he doesn't, but then again if he was the type of man to do that I wouldn't have married him.

stella23 Thu 14-Dec-17 20:54:40

Yes another reason why we are separating

PhilODox Thu 14-Dec-17 20:54:53

Yes. It's pretty crap really.

MollyHuaCha Thu 14-Dec-17 20:55:10

Same here! I have even bought the present to me from DH...

CakeNinja Thu 14-Dec-17 20:55:26

That’s what happens here. I have much more time than dp, logistically it wouldn’t make sense. He’s worked 7 days a week for the whole of December, (building our house on his weekends off work!) and I’m not.
Works for us and we’re both happy.
<shrugs>

pingoose Thu 14-Dec-17 20:55:37

Yes, but this year I've put my foot down and told him he has to sort his own family out. 10 days to go, not a single present purchased yet...

Panicattheschoolgate Thu 14-Dec-17 20:55:52

Tried leaving it to him one year. That was not fun running about a couple of days before.

Pfftkids Thu 14-Dec-17 20:56:03

Yip. He doesn't even really see what Santa brings until Christmas day

user1493413286 Thu 14-Dec-17 20:56:17

Mine will do it but not until Christmas Eve which stresses me out so I end up doing it for my own sanity

Dodie66 Thu 14-Dec-17 20:56:18

Yes. All left to me including usually buying my own presents. He wraps them. Mind you this year I moaned about not having any surprises and he tells me he’s been shopping🙂

ItchySeveredFoot Thu 14-Dec-17 20:56:51

Kind of. I love doing it and start searching for things in September so he let's me get on with it. But he also sometimes does it himself or tells me when he has ideas for people on his side or my side. And I always show him ideas before I buy. Then on Christmas Eve we watch Die Hard and wrap them all together.

ToriaPumpkin Thu 14-Dec-17 20:56:54

I buy for the kids, but he sorts his parents, brother and friends that aren't mutual. He expected me to do it in the early days, there was a lot of "Did you send a card to..." until he realised I actually was not going to suddenly start doing it.

Kenworthington Thu 14-Dec-17 20:57:04

Yes of course. I don’t know if any men in RL who buy gifts. I mean he does but mine but even then I have to do him a list. I’m not bothered. I quite like doing it and am good at choosing presents (which I suppose is just as well)

inappropriateraspberry Thu 14-Dec-17 20:57:41

I do the majority, but we do a shopping day together and he pays! I have more time to research and think about the gifts, but he does give input for his side of the family.

HildaZelda Thu 14-Dec-17 20:58:00

Not in a million years. If I thinks I'm buying for his nightmare family, he can think again!

MrGrumpy01 Thu 14-Dec-17 20:58:02

Yeah pretty much. He does at least wrap the presents for the children. I even got the things for his Mum to give to the children.

He does some shopping but it is very much me saying go to shop x and buy y.

I'm the one who works too. What was this about the mental load for women?

StiltonForDays Thu 14-Dec-17 20:58:34

Pretty much. I plan and shop for food and stocking fillers and most Christmas presents and other Christmas shite. I also decorate the house and cook over Christmas.

He gets the booze and takes the DC to buy the tree and sometimes gets a main present for the DCs as directed by me.

He is a very 50/50 kinda guy with cooking and housework and childcare etc most of the year, but really shit at Christmas.

Littlelambpeep Thu 14-Dec-17 20:59:02

I sort the DC or he would leave it until Christmas eve as he does with all his presents. I don't get involved in what he buys his side

Never will

onlyonaTuesday Thu 14-Dec-17 20:59:05

No. We have always shopped together for all gifts.

OhforfucksakeFay Thu 14-Dec-17 20:59:19

Yes. One year he moaned I had got too much the year before and he would get the presents. He thought magnets would be fun. He got industrial strength ones which came with a warning of risk of death if used improperly. The DC were 5 and 2 at the time.

ijustwannadance Thu 14-Dec-17 20:59:21

No. He buys his own family gifts and stuff for DD if he sees anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now