Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

London on Saturday how to make special.

(9 Posts)
Mrsfloss Thu 14-Dec-17 16:10:46

I am taking DD 12 to London on Saturday just the two of us. She has had a really tough term in a new school and lots of friendship issues.

I have booked afternoon tea at 4pm at Galvin! I think it’s called.

She is into makeup and shopping and the only thing she wants to do is get eyebrows waxed!

I am just looking for nice Christmassy things that are cheap and will make a nice day for her.

Thanks

Mrsfloss Thu 14-Dec-17 17:24:11

HOPeful bump

doxiepoxie Thu 14-Dec-17 17:29:08

Aw that’s such a lovely treat for your daughter! You could pop into Selfridges and visit the Brow Bar.. May want to book an appointment. More generally you could potter around the makeup stands and get lots of freebies and ideas? Enjoy!

RonniePasas Thu 14-Dec-17 17:33:11

Covent Garden is lovely - lots of make-up shops/pop-ups around the square and it's very Christmassy. Plenty of entertainment around as well, feels a bit more special than Oxford Street (although Selfridges is an exception worth making!)

Wiifitmama Thu 14-Dec-17 17:33:16

There are three christmas things we are doing this year (we live in London). There is a really cool gingerbread house exhibit here which is very cheap but you need to book.

We are also going to the Geffreye Museum (free) which has an annual exhibit of Christmas past - we love it. They are closing for two years for refurbishment after New year too. here

Lastly, the Dickens museum has a special exhibit to tie into the new movie about A Christmas Carol here

bruffin Thu 14-Dec-17 17:40:24

If you can get cheap tickets for Christmas Carol at the Old Vic, go. Its lovely and Chrismassy. Also nice christmas market on South Bank and a smaller one in Leicester Squate

Fekko Thu 14-Dec-17 17:43:26

Sorry to be a moo but it's going to be bloody busy. Are you ok in crowds? There's always Westfield if you want to do shopping and there are nice places to eat. It's a 20 min bus ride away from winter wonderland.

Bloodybridget Thu 14-Dec-17 17:58:26

If you pass through Trafalgar Square (close to Covent Garden) there will be carol singers under the huge tree. Personally I can't think of anything less special than going to an enormous, packed, shopping mall . . The Christmas lights in Covent Garden are very pretty and there are always street entertainers performing. Maybe your DD could get her eyebrows done round there?

Mrsfloss Thu 14-Dec-17 19:23:21

Ah thank you guys!

She wants to do national gallery do we will do that and trafagular Square.

Trip to Covent Garden, libertys and selfridges and spend nice time together.

Teenagers dramas!

Thanks guys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now