Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How do I feel better?

(7 Posts)
brokened Thu 14-Dec-17 12:28:00

Everything is on top of me. I’ve been poorly (general cough and cold) for a week now, have huge, huge eruption of painful cold sores on my face so can’t even have a cup of tea, been arguing quite horribly with DH (lack of support while I’m ill), I feel wretched and guilty that my poor DD is neglected while I’m ill (can’t bear to even read her a story as my mouth is just too sore). she’s being so lovely and patient but I feel terrible that we don’t even have any Christmas decorations up yet etc.

Oh and I’m 35 weeks pregnant, which is probably why I’m struggling so much to just dose myself up and get on with it. Haven’t been this ill in a long time, I don’t think I have ever had a whole week off work in my life.

I just broke down when DH (who is trying to be better) asked me if I wanted a cup of tea.
I’ve never heard myself cry like I just did... proper high pitched sobbing, which if I wasn’t so bloody miserable I would feel embarrassed by.

Currently sat in a bath run by DH, still weepy. Just wish I could snap out of it. What Can I do?

brokened Thu 14-Dec-17 17:42:03

Anyone?

I’m clearly rubbish at engaging titles sad

ParadiseCity Thu 14-Dec-17 17:44:37

Oh sweetheart you will feel better before long. You have permission from a total stranger to let go and relax. Xx

tistheseason2bjolly Thu 14-Dec-17 17:45:22

You are being ridiculous! You are being very hard on yourself! You must be kind to yourself!
Let DD watch Christmas tv, and you must rest so you can get better. Fuck the decorations!!!

ZigZagandDustin Thu 14-Dec-17 17:45:58

Get that baby out! You'll feel a lot better😂

I'm also 35 weeks too and I'm not 'ill' but I'm not my usual contented self. Also struggling with bump and pelvic/back pain and 3 small kids.

Thetruthfairy Thu 14-Dec-17 17:50:09

Your immune system must be so low. Poor you op. Forget all the other stuff and just focus on feeding yourself well and rest as much as you can.

brokened Thu 14-Dec-17 18:37:55

Oh no, I’ve just burst into tears again!

Thank you all for being kind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now