Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I’ve just sat in M&S toilets and cried and I feel like an absolute knob

(146 Posts)

Everything is getting on top of me...best friend just diagnosed with MS, other friend is critically ill, I’m working two jobs 60/70h a week, trying to support 2 ill friends, I’m so unhappy at work, work totally fucked up my pay this month so I’m broke already, I’m struggling with looking after myself and I’ve spent the last week or two feeling on the edge of a complete meltdown.

I was eyeing up the puddings in M&S as a treat that I don’t need but bloody wanted and a very drunk bloke just walked past and said “I don’t think you need one of those fatty” (to be fair, I’m v fat and don’t need one but I bloody wanted it) and I just lost it...in hindsight I should’ve given him a verbal punch but instead I cried and went to the loos and cried and cried.

I feel like a knob...there’s people far worse off and I’ve just let it all get to me

wowbutter Thu 14-Dec-17 12:14:31

Have a good cry, it'll do you good. Then go back, buy your pudding, and something else, and enjoy it.
Don't feel bad for crying smile

NorthStarAtMyFeet Thu 14-Dec-17 12:14:54

Oh Lego, you are absolutely not a knob but that bloke was & your employers.
So sorry to hear about your friends, that must be awful, and such long hours on top of that.
Go get yourself that treat if you want, I hope things get better very quickly for you.

QueenNovo Thu 14-Dec-17 12:15:07

You're not a knob flowers. You're dealing with a lot. Go and get your pudding and be thankful you're not a nasty drunken cunt who puts other people down to feel better about his own pathetic worthless existence.

flapjackfairy Thu 14-Dec-17 12:16:01

Oh hon no wonder! You have a lot to contend with and what a crap human being he sounds!
Have a good wallow and then pick yourself up and carry on. One day at a time is my mantra. Anymore and it is easy to get overwhelmed. I truly hope things get a better for you and send a hug of support x

doyawannabuildasnowmaaaaaan Thu 14-Dec-17 12:16:49

Darling when I was pregnant a drunk man was behind me in the pharmacy. I was asking a pregnancy related question. When I turned round he said blimey I thought she was fat not pregnant. I was already having a shit day and he did get a mouthful blush. I'm really sorry about your friends. Have a good cry. Take one thing at a time. You can only do so much thanks. X

doyawannabuildasnowmaaaaaan Thu 14-Dec-17 12:17:21

And have the bloody cake x

ShowMeTheElf Thu 14-Dec-17 12:18:02

Wipe your face, go get your pudding, buy a can of squirty cream to go with it. When you've eaten the cream, go and find the drunk man and insert the cream canister into whichever of his orifices appeals to you.
You are exhausted. Be kind to yourself. It's a dreadful time of year to run out of steam; everything will feel worse because you are so tired.

cocoboots Thu 14-Dec-17 12:20:05

The drunk bloke needs his head pushing into a trifle.
Be kind to yourself today, have a nice coffee and bloody well have that cake if you fancy one. x

SoapyChoc Thu 14-Dec-17 12:20:23

You're not a knob that bloke is. flowers

Have a cry, take a few deep breaths and get yourself that pudding and bloody well enjoy it.

Sparklingbrook Thu 14-Dec-17 12:20:45

YY you aren't a knob, that man was though.

You go and get that cake (get two) and enjoy it flowers

MummaTwinkleToes Thu 14-Dec-17 12:25:43

That’s a lot to be dealing with all at once. Having a good cry will probably do you good. Buy your pudding and enjoy every spoonful. That man is a nasty dickhead. Remember you need to look after yourself as well as everyone else.

You’re all making me cry again! But for a better reason xxxx

Iggi999 Thu 14-Dec-17 12:29:57

A man walking through a store drunk in the morning and randomly abusing a woman has a heck of a lot less going for him than an overweight woman with friends who love her and lean on her and who holds down a job. His life is crap just pity the fool.

TaggieOHara Thu 14-Dec-17 12:32:41

How horrible. You could lose weight* but that man is stuck with his nasty character. Enjoy your pudding! You sound like a lovely friend by the way.

*if you want to - I'm sure you're lovely as you are! And people come in all shapes and sizes.

Neolara Thu 14-Dec-17 12:32:53

What a horrible man.

I think you sound bloody amazing to be dealing with all of that. Frankly, if anyone deserves an M & S treat, you do. Buy yourself a nice pudding and forget about arsehole man.

Ivymaud Thu 14-Dec-17 12:43:20

What a nasty creature. It says more about him that he’d speak like that to someone.
I hope you did buy the pudding and that things get better for you very soon.

Ivymaud Thu 14-Dec-17 12:44:07

True lgg.

JemimaLovesHamble Thu 14-Dec-17 12:47:49

Obviously drunk in public in the morning? He should think about what his liver desperately needs and mind his own business.

Imsorrynow Thu 14-Dec-17 12:48:09

And how many friends do you think the idiot drunk has OP?
Have the cake and enjoy it. You deserve it flowers

Mummyoflittledragon Thu 14-Dec-17 12:48:25

I hope the drunk man steps on some Lego.

tiptopteepe Thu 14-Dec-17 12:48:40

I am sat here properly livid about this. What a vile human being. Rest assured he must live a pretty miserable life to have to get his kicks going round saying things like that.
Id like to think i would have punched him in the face but really idve probably just cried too. It happened to me once in London when I was on a night out and walking on my own to meet my friends. A random middle aged guy just came up to me and said 'you shouldnt be wearing that it looks ridiculous because youre so fat' I was so shocked I just froze. I did cry about it later at home.

flowers

spiderlight Thu 14-Dec-17 12:49:56

Oh, bless you - that is too much to handle all at the same time sad Get back out there, buy the pudding AND some naice cream to go on top of it, and thank your lucky stars that you're a lovely caring friend and not a drunken arsehole with no manners. flowers

MadisonAvenue Thu 14-Dec-17 12:50:33

Oh sweetheart, you deserve two puddings. That dickhead will pick on the wrong person one day and get what's coming to him, what a horrible man.

You sound so lovely and I really hope that you went back and treated yourself flowers cake

Knittedfairies Thu 14-Dec-17 13:02:25

I hope you've bought and eaten that pudding by now Lego x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now