Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Childminder Christmas gift

(6 Posts)
MaverickSnoopy Thu 14-Dec-17 06:57:05

Having a panic. Childminders last days with our children today before Christmas. They have a nice present for her and a card. Just thought. Should I be giving her some cash or sonething else as well?

We're not skint but we're not rolling in it either and money that we would give would come from our xmas spends pot earmarked for trips out. But I don't want to offend her and seem ungrateful by not giving cash if that's what's expected. We've never had a childminder before so not sure what the done thing is. What do other people do?

Imtryingveryhard Thu 14-Dec-17 06:59:32

A gift is fine. I wouldn't give money as well.

Winegumaddict Thu 14-Dec-17 07:20:55

I give a present for Christmas and on her birthday too. She always gets the DC a birthday present. It's hard to think of something so I go for flowers or similar for her birthday. I've got her a tree decoration for Christmas.

QueenOfMyDomain Thu 14-Dec-17 08:03:05

I used to be a childminder. Definitely not cash. A present would be lovely but not necessary.

tootssweet Thu 14-Dec-17 13:51:03

We give a gift or her favourite- a voucher for Costa!

MaverickSnoopy Thu 14-Dec-17 17:11:50

Thanks ever so much. I feel a lot better now! I just didn't want to make a major faux when she is so very appreciated and valued by us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now