Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What must the mum have done?

(17 Posts)
callmehannahbaker Thu 14-Dec-17 00:14:19

For a father who had been nrp for 6 years to gain full custody, in a different county, of an 8 year old boy?

TrojansAreSmegheads Thu 14-Dec-17 00:18:11

no idea. could be anything.
voluntary or court ordered?
for whatever reason it was decided that the childs needs would be best met by the father.

BulletFox Thu 14-Dec-17 00:18:26

But that's a bit like a riddle. Absolutely no idea based on the information given.

callmehannahbaker Thu 14-Dec-17 01:05:55

Court ordered. I know there were wrongful accusations of abuse. I know the child asked to stay with the dad. Not much more.

SnowGlitter Thu 14-Dec-17 01:06:24

Not been considered as capable as the dad of meeting the child's needs..?

Battleax Thu 14-Dec-17 01:08:30

Maybe not allowing contact.

Maybe anyone of a billion other things.

Graphista Thu 14-Dec-17 01:11:03

Impossible to know especially with a different countries' laws involved. But how do you KNOW the accusations of abuse were wrongful?

harrypotternerd Thu 14-Dec-17 01:42:35

it could be a number of things. It could be the mum was seen as not fit, it could be that they went to court but the mum agreed so the judge just made a court order (not sure in other countries but thats what happens in Australia if parents agree at court) could be the courts judged there was alienation.
Or it could be that the courts got it wrong, which can sometimes happen.

VimFuego101 Thu 14-Dec-17 01:51:57

perhaps she alienated the child from the father/ obstructed contact? If the child lived with the mother before it's unusual to change the established arrangements.

HipNewName Thu 14-Dec-17 02:16:54

Driving with alcohol in your system (over the legal limit) will result in a child being taken away, even if means foster care (where I live).

Or having a violent person in the house. In mom had a boyfriend who was violent, that would do it, even if the violence wasn't directed at the child.

Or drugs. Or weapons.

BTW, I know this because I taught school and was aware of what was going on with my students, not because of my personal life!

DioneTheDiabolist Thu 14-Dec-17 02:22:03

Got sick, with no support.
Murdered someone.

HicDraconis Thu 14-Dec-17 02:50:43

One of my son’s friends lives with his father full time, his mother has very limited contact. She is an alcoholic and repeatedly drove while over the limit with the children in the car among other things. I understand the legal fees were eye watering but the father was granted residency and allowed to limit/supervise access.

Miamiapods Thu 14-Dec-17 02:56:11

Aww same x

thehairyhog Thu 14-Dec-17 07:07:35

If the child wanted to then his wishes and feelings would have been persuasive for the court.

Chaosofcalm Thu 14-Dec-17 09:25:22

I assume it also depends on the country as well

TrojansAreSmegheads Thu 14-Dec-17 09:29:54

well there you go. you know the answer.

possible abuse plus the wishes of the child.

ZigZagandDustin Thu 14-Dec-17 09:31:24

Child's wishes at that age would have carried weight.

You'd be surprised how many awful mothers there are out here too so I'd be careful about making assumptions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now