Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Christmas present for soon to be dad

(13 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

ninnynono Wed 13-Dec-17 23:47:34

So DH has just informed me that I need to buy his whole family’s xmas presents tomorrow morning as he hasn’t had time...! Help!

I am looking for ideas for bil who is about to become a dad. He and sil asked for presents ‘to do with the baby’ but nothing specific. Any ideas of what a soon to be dad would like? Has to be quite small / light to be transported on a flight.

Thanks!!

Poshindevon Thu 14-Dec-17 06:25:29

What about a book on parenting?

pinkblink Thu 14-Dec-17 06:55:32

A voucher for a newborn photo shoot

ninnynono Thu 14-Dec-17 07:15:37

Parenting book is a good one thanks, am also thinking a book on baby massage as that will be something he might like to do.

Photo shoot is something they’ve already organized but a good idea thanks!

PotteringAlong Thu 14-Dec-17 07:18:32

There’s a lovely children’s book called “my dad” that he might like?

Lweji Thu 14-Dec-17 07:23:45

A sling

ninnynono Thu 14-Dec-17 07:29:14

Dad book is good. Great ideas thanks! Oh and I meant to post on chat, not general health!! My eyes were not working at midnight.

Lweji Thu 14-Dec-17 07:56:29

You may also want to frame and give your OH the article.
She Divorced Me Because I Left Dishes by the Sink

Aka "She divorced me because I left last minute presents for my family to her and other things I dumped on her that she simply had to do because I couldn't be bothered to do on time or in advance because I knew she'd pick up the slack as she has nothing better to do and my time is so much more valuable"

ninnynono Thu 14-Dec-17 08:04:49

Good point lweji although in his defense I am on mat leave and he is in back to meetings all week. But better communication wouldn’t have gone amiss!

Lweji Thu 14-Dec-17 08:07:10

Just as long as he knows it's a one off and a huge favour. Not something you have to do and that he can keep dumping on you. Shopping is what weekends are for.

RB68 Thu 14-Dec-17 08:08:35

ITs called Amazon - there is no excuse - its lazy and if you pepetuate it you are in fr it escalating - sorry but its fact

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 14-Dec-17 10:44:52

We're just sending this over to chat at the OP's request.

flowers

ninnynono Thu 14-Dec-17 11:34:26

So picked up a book on babies and massage plus some nice baby massage oil. Have also got his wife the change bag she asked for and the babies some Aden and Anaïs swaddles. Think that should suffice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now