Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Can you tell me if this wig looks like a wig?

(54 Posts)
KuroiNamida Wed 13-Dec-17 21:38:49

Having trouble with alopecia and my natural hair is too short atm to cover any patches but don’t want to look like an idiot when out and about!
Any tips from other wig wearers would be appreciated too!

dancemom Wed 13-Dec-17 21:39:27

Totally natural, very nice!

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Wed 13-Dec-17 21:39:44

Looks pretty good in the picture. Could look completely different in real life though.

LizzieSiddal Wed 13-Dec-17 21:41:32

It looks lovely!

Anymajordude Wed 13-Dec-17 21:42:38

It looks great from that pic. Crucially though you can't see the parting in that pic and they're often bit that doesn't always look natural. From what I see there the style looks great on you and I'd wear it with confidence if I were you.

ChaChaChaCh4nges Wed 13-Dec-17 21:43:59

You look really good.

Millie2013 Wed 13-Dec-17 21:44:15

Doesn't look like a wig on that pic, looks natural too smile

I once went with a friend to choose a wig, pre-chemo, the first one she tried on was stunning, but she looked like she'd just stepped out of a salon. The second one was far more natural looking and far more convincing, day in, day out. She went for that one.

A couple of months later, when she started wearing the wig, a mutual friend said to me how well her hair hair faired with the chemo. That's when we knew we'd made the right choice smile

overnightangel Wed 13-Dec-17 21:46:30

Would never even cross my mind that it was a wig, it really suits you , you look great!! 🙂

KuroiNamida Wed 13-Dec-17 21:49:28

Thankyou so much! I’m getting it cut tomorrow as it’s far too long but I’m really pleased with it.

sweetheart Wed 13-Dec-17 21:51:51

Did you order the wig online or get from a shop? Would love a recommendation

TwitterQueen1 Wed 13-Dec-17 21:54:52

yes, looks great but as you say, needs cutting.

Can I ask you to smile? You are very pretty and should be smiling all the time! fsmile

JustVent Wed 13-Dec-17 21:55:13

You look hot! Get it cut and styled and you will look awesome. Wigs are bastard expensive aren’t they?

KuroiNamida Wed 13-Dec-17 21:56:47

@sweetheart got it from a shop today. It was only £48!

@TwitterQueen1 I don’t do smiling grin

WorraLiberty Wed 13-Dec-17 21:58:42

It looks great OP and should look amazing when cut.

My son's friend has just recently recovered from cancer and his hair was down his back before the chemo.

He was very lucky to have a cancer charity supply him with a wig that was so very natural looking, even in the daylight.

They've improved in leaps and bounds over the years.

TwitterQueen seriously? hmm

JustVent Wed 13-Dec-17 21:58:44

Wow good buy! Can you take a pic of the whole of your head?

riledandharrassed Wed 13-Dec-17 22:01:38

Looks amazing . If you ever find it looks a little shiny you can just add a bit of dry shampoo xxx

KuroiNamida Wed 13-Dec-17 22:09:17

One of the parting and one of the whole head. Excuse the spot I have brewing on my cheek 😂

WorraLiberty Wed 13-Dec-17 22:10:45

That really does look natural OP

It also suits your skin colouring.

catnapz Wed 13-Dec-17 22:12:58

Looks lovely smile

Doingthebattybat Wed 13-Dec-17 22:13:07

That looks so natural. Would never have guessed from your pics that it was anything other than your own hair.

Notsooriginalwerther Wed 13-Dec-17 22:15:19

It looks great OP! Is it a lace parting wig? They’re amazing! It’s looks so natural!

Imstickingwiththisone Wed 13-Dec-17 22:16:55

Wow that's a brill wig. I also thought the parting might be a giveaway but not at all. I want one grin

sheepskinrug Wed 13-Dec-17 22:19:40

A tip is to put a thin line of concealer on the parting space and blend with your forehead. It makes it look more like scalp.

Also, I can't recommend wig grips enough. It's a velvet band you put on your head, under the wig and it holds the wig perfectly in place without having to use irritating combs. They sell them on Amazon.

Also, if you're worried about the fake hairline being too noticeable, try getting a fringe cut in which covers the hairline.

I'm assuming it's lace-front. If the sides don't lay flat, use Got2b glued (hair gel) to stick them down. There are loads of youtube videos on it - you have to let it get tacky first.

Looks amazing though!

KuroiNamida Wed 13-Dec-17 22:28:57

Thankyou so much everyone! It nice to have a confidence boost as I’ve hated my hair for ages since I had it all cut short (hairdressers destroyed it with too much bleach)

And thankyou @sheepskinrug for those tips those are really helpful!

Dowser Wed 13-Dec-17 23:00:45

That’s fabulous
Can you say where you got it from
Does it feel scratchy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now