Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Christmas Day Birthday Help

(7 Posts)
Fellia Wed 13-Dec-17 18:12:39

So my birthday is on Christmas Day.

I’ve never had a party obviously or seen any friends on my actual day, which I totally understand. I’ve occasionally done something the week before but even then it’s too close to Christmas for most people.

I think my poor DP is a bit stumped as to what to do this year as he wants to make it a bit special.

Any ideas? Anyone else got a December birthday and managed to work something out?

I also rarely get a birthday card, I get Christmas cards doubled as birthday cards which I’ve now started to find quite funny grin

Fellia Thu 14-Dec-17 18:40:06

Bump.

No one else have an awkward birthday date? 😂

PoptartPoptart Thu 14-Dec-17 18:43:48

My Auntie’s birthday was on Christmas Day. We always made a big fuss of her and insisted she opened her birthday presents first, not just all lumped in with Christmas presents. Separate birthday wrapping paper, cards and a birthday cake.

ByAllMeansMoveAtAGlacialPace Thu 14-Dec-17 18:47:01

One of my niece's on born on Christmas Eve and she always hated her birthday. Before she started secondary school she 'moved' her birthday to July so she could have a summer party and we've celebrated it like that for about 6 years now grin

Gramgram Thu 14-Dec-17 18:52:39

My best friend at school has her birthday on Christmas day. Her family used to celebrate her birthday first thing in the morning. Then they would go to church and have Christmas presents after that.

I still make sure her birthday card and Christmas cards are sent separately and not stuffed into the same envelope, even though she now lives in the US.

mumonashoestring Thu 14-Dec-17 18:54:56

My great granny's birthday was the 26th so she declared an 'official' birthday in July and had a tea party with friends, fish and chips at the beach, visits from family, cards, presents etc. then grin

Fellia Thu 14-Dec-17 20:54:29

*Pop
That’s so nice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now