Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Disc posted through door with words & symbols on

(37 Posts)
TheSecondOfHerName Wed 13-Dec-17 16:19:19

Does anyone remember reports of CDs/DVDs being posted through people's doors? They had Jesus or God written on them and script that looked like a Middle Eastern alphabet.

I'm sure I remember this being a thing a few months (or even years?) ago.

We received one today, so I googled it (as I couldn't remember the story behind them) and cannot find any mention of them on the internet at all.

Am I being gaslighted by the whole internet? I'm starting to feel like I'm in an episode of Black Mirror.

TheSecondOfHerName Wed 13-Dec-17 18:49:13

So I imagined it then...?

NSEA Wed 13-Dec-17 18:50:20

Looks like it.

TheSecondOfHerName Wed 13-Dec-17 19:05:26

It looks like this...

Usernom1234567890 Wed 13-Dec-17 19:10:04

Never heard of that phenomenon but out of interest, have you played the CD /DVD ? Dying to know what's on it !

LEMtheoriginal Wed 13-Dec-17 19:12:17

Marking place

yellowplumpreserves Wed 13-Dec-17 19:13:07

The writing is Hebrew. My DH can read it. I'll ask him and see if he knows that it says.

JeNeSuisPasVotreMiel Wed 13-Dec-17 19:15:07

Oooh

Whyisnothingeasy Wed 13-Dec-17 19:16:37

It looks like kids messing around trying to copy or make up Hebrew I reckon. Too many of the same symbols.

Hefzi Wed 13-Dec-17 19:19:08

Can't see your pictures too clearly (on phone) but in one place (under the hole) It seems to say "hallelujah" (it is, as PP have said, in Hebrew from what I can see: disclaimer- could also be Yiddish)- but you've invented the disks - through - doors story, OP grin

vitaminC Wed 13-Dec-17 19:19:32

It's Hebrew, but written by a non-speaker!
At the bottom it says "Hallelujah" and the other bit is G-d's name.
As it mentions christ, I imagine it's Jews for Jesus or some other messianic sect!

yellowplumpreserves Wed 13-Dec-17 19:20:51

The Hebrew says exactly what the English says: Yahweh (name for God in Hebrew Bible), Yeshua (Jesus in Hebrew), Ruach (Spirit), Hallelujah (Praise the Lord).

DH and I are both commited Christians, but this looks a bit odd to say the least. As DH put it, "looks like it might be from some mildly nutcase person who thinks Hebrew is somehow magical". That's what I think too.

vitaminC Wed 13-Dec-17 19:22:13

Can't read the bot at the top right, but top left says "yeshua moshiach", which means "Jesus messiah", so definitely some messianic group.

Hefzi Wed 13-Dec-17 19:24:06

Oh, and also a bit about "Jesus the Message" I think - in all honesty, it looks like someone "drowning" the letters rather than writing them, iyswim - got any Believing or Messianic neighbours it might have been meant for, OP? Or maybe it's your friendly local religious nutter trying to convert you grin

Hefzi Wed 13-Dec-17 19:25:08

Fuck, Messiah- damn autocorrect grin

TheSecondOfHerName Wed 13-Dec-17 19:32:46

I feel like I'm in the opening scenes of a creepy thriller.

If I put it into my CD player / DVD player / computer then it might expose me to some ancient secret knowledge that will:
A. Make me go insane
B. Give me the powers of angels / demons
C. Open the hellgate
D. All of the above

NorthStarAtMyFeet Wed 13-Dec-17 19:51:59

But would you kindly do so anyway and report back please?

cakeforksareleftist Wed 13-Dec-17 19:57:44

NorthStar - that made me laugh out loudgrin

Bluecandles Wed 13-Dec-17 19:58:52

There’s been a few cds through doors near me recently, supposedly about the secrets of Evolution. Apparently they contain a virus that gives the person who made the cd access to your computer so perhaps best not to try it.

Anymajordude Wed 13-Dec-17 20:03:08

I remember as a teenager going to church and the youth group leader used tell us that Satanists recorded curses on tapes and left the undone tape spools at the side of the roads. I used to see them but don't believe that's what they were. Anyway, that's got little to do with your cd.

BettyBaggins Wed 13-Dec-17 20:07:32

Don't put it in your pc! It really could have a nasty virus, try a cd player see if it's video..

Ironfloor Wed 13-Dec-17 20:10:23

I’d throw it in the bin. Which is what I do to any religious literature put through our mailbox.

NorthStarAtMyFeet Wed 13-Dec-17 20:12:26

I live vicariously

holidayparkquestion Wed 13-Dec-17 20:15:54

I remember being scared of all the spools of tape at the side of the road (similar youth group!)

And similar about messages on tapes backwards!

TheSecondOfHerName Wed 13-Dec-17 20:18:27

NorthStarAtMyFeet if you PM me your address I will send it to you, postage costs on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now