Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Good quality personalised stockings?

(16 Posts)
AnotherEmma Wed 13-Dec-17 15:38:17

Does anyone have any recommendations for a personalised stocking that is good quality, reasonably simple/traditional in design, and not ridiculously priced? (Preferably £40 or under)
Most of the options I’ve found look a bit cheap, tacky and/or twee, and my favourites are these but the prices are a bit ridiculous (£55 for the “classic” size plus extra for more than 2 letters).

I’ve probably left it too late as there must have been good’uns that are now out of stock...

And please don’t tell me to embroider my own, zero time or skills to do that!

LostMyMojoSomewhere Wed 13-Dec-17 15:43:23

Hi Emma

I got the reindeer one of these:

www.gltc.co.uk/product/personalised-christmas-stocking-father-christmas/10004319#fo_c=1028&fo_k=c011f94cbd71dfea3aa70a8c487f3eb2&fo_s=slisys

from Great Little Trading Co. The quality is great, lovely thick cotton and very strong. My only gripe is that the stocking is so huge that I didn't really need the sack as well better buy DS some more presents

Pickledonion24 Wed 13-Dec-17 15:45:17

My mum always brought us a cheap cushion or teddy to fill out the stocking as we always insisted on the huge ones

AnotherEmma Wed 13-Dec-17 16:03:59

Lost
Thanks - the reindeer design is gorgeous! Sadly it’s out of stock though and I don’t like the others as much. Plus I’ve missed their deadline for personalisation in time for Christmas sad

I’ve found a 10% discount code for the expensive one... tempted... (I’m in a FUCK IT kind of mood)

LostMyMojoSomewhere Wed 13-Dec-17 16:24:09

Ah, just do it.... if that is the one you want!

Didn't realise the reindeer one was sold out sad The order arrived VERY quickly if you do see anything you like (although I know that technically the deadline has passed).

AnotherEmma Wed 13-Dec-17 16:33:09

AIBU to spend £50 on a christmas stocking for my PFB grin

In my defence it’s not a “baby’s first Christmas” one and I plan to use it every year...

DH is less convinced!

AnotherEmma Wed 13-Dec-17 19:32:56

Hopeful bump... surely there must be other options... please save me from spending £50!!

Peopleplease Wed 13-Dec-17 20:02:43

It’s too late for this Christmas but I’m in love with the pottery barn ones. Could you make do this Christmas and get one next year?

www.potterybarnkids.com/m/products/quilted-stockings/?pkey=cchristmas-stockings&isx=0.0.493

Tangfastics Wed 13-Dec-17 20:06:11

I totally read this thread wrong.

But there is a really nice stall at Bryant Park Christmas market that sells really nice tights and stockings, of the variety you put on your legs blush

Crumbs1 Wed 13-Dec-17 20:09:27

Good quality personalised stockings are really very easy to make......

MiracleCure Wed 13-Dec-17 20:11:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

itchywanksocks Wed 13-Dec-17 22:29:00

Ah I was going to add a link to the ones I bought from amazon, but they've sold out. They were £10 each, perfect size for my fireplace, and (most importantly) the names were embroidered rather than printed.

There were definitely more of the same when I was looking though, so I'd start with an amazon search if you haven't already

AnotherEmma Thu 14-Dec-17 15:04:02

Update: I found a lovely stocking, yay!
www.etsy.com/uk/listing/564254211/personalised-stocking-christmas-stocking
I contacted the seller and she confirmed she can definitely make and send it in time for Christmas.
Thanks again for all the suggestions, including Tangfastics fgrin

NextIndia Thu 14-Dec-17 15:06:52

Whatever you do, don't order from the Handmade Christmas Company. I placed an order on 22nd October which STILL has arrived and their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. Dreadful company.

NextIndia Thu 14-Dec-17 15:07:42

*hasn't,

AnotherEmma Thu 14-Dec-17 16:17:35

Next How annoying angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now