Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Peter Kay has cancelled!

(52 Posts)
BumWad Wed 13-Dec-17 12:30:28

Gutted sad

MyDcAreMarvel Wed 13-Dec-17 12:32:34

His whole tour?

BumWad Wed 13-Dec-17 12:34:16

Yes the whole thing.

Statement:

*Statement from Peter Kay

Due to unforeseen family circumstances I deeply regret that I am having to cancel all of my upcoming work projects. This unfortunately includes my upcoming stand-up tour, Dance For Life shows and any outstanding live work commitments.

My sincerest apologies. This decision has not been taken lightly and I'm sure you'll understand my family must always come first.

I've always endeavoured to protect my family’s privacy from the media. I hope that the media and the public will continue to respect our privacy at this time. Once again I'm very sorry.

Further information

Customers for Peter Kay’s Live Arena Tour and Dance for Life shows will be refunded from their original point of purchase and any specific ticket queries should be directed to them.

As Dance for Life is a charitable event in aid of Cancer Research UK, ticket holders may, if they wish, still donate to Cancer Research UK by visiting www.cancerresearchuk.org*

Hope all is ok

MadisonAvenue Wed 13-Dec-17 12:37:37

I was so looking forward to this too! I was actually going to give my son the confirmation today, he had surgery yesterday so this was going to be a post-op surprise - I've only just put the print out in my bag to take at visiting time.

idontlikealdi Wed 13-Dec-17 12:42:21

Nooo! Must be pretty serious for him to do that.

NisekoWhistler Wed 13-Dec-17 12:43:51

Poor Peter Kay, sounds to me like him or close family member is seriously ill.

Now what do I buy for parents and in laws for Christmas confused

SuperStormborn Wed 13-Dec-17 12:44:54

Gutted. I was so looking forward to our show in May. Must be something serious for him to pull out of everything sad

SparklingSnowfall Wed 13-Dec-17 12:45:33

It sounds like somebody is unwell. Wishing him & his family all the best, that's a huge think to cancel so it must be serious.

MadisonAvenue Wed 13-Dec-17 12:47:03

It must be serious mustn't it. That tour was going on for over a year wasn't it? To cancel the whole thing is very worrying confused

BumWad Wed 13-Dec-17 12:50:20

Yes.

Wish him well too.

magicstar1 Wed 13-Dec-17 13:09:16

He's been acting a bit strange for a while now...came across as drunk on a tv show here, and indeed on Strictly Come Dancing. I hope he hasn't a problem.

Gingernaut Wed 13-Dec-17 13:10:28

On the one hand, I'm disappointed not to be able to see him live. He is a comedic genius.

On the other hand, after double booking myself, I was steeling myself to take on TicketMaster to get a refund on one of the two tickets.

I'll have no trouble now. fblush

This must be a devastating situation for Peter Kay and his family and everyone involved.

This was going to be a huge tour, with multiple venues and it sold out in days, if not hours.

Whatever's gone wrong, I hope he and his family are given the time and privacy he needs.

Gingernaut Wed 13-Dec-17 13:11:13

THEY need. Obviously. blush

oliveinacampervan Wed 13-Dec-17 13:28:57

Was this the tour that only had tickets available for £200 on ticketmaster 5 minutes after they were released?

Maybe it's something to do with this?

People were very angry about it. It caused a proper shitstorm!

Teenageromance Wed 13-Dec-17 13:32:13

I think it must be either a serious health issue with himself or wife or children. Otherwise why cancel so far in advance. How very sad - I think he is a great comic

MadisonAvenue Wed 13-Dec-17 13:32:54

olive it sold out quickly so Ticketmaster would've redirected people to their own touting site. I bought mine at face value from the venue's online box office , they were the dearest available at around £55.

Clawdy Wed 13-Dec-17 13:39:38

People are getting angry online, which is not great. Pity he didn't say a little more, though, as now there is endless speculation.

MadisonAvenue Wed 13-Dec-17 13:42:27

Yes, while you can understand him wanting to keep private whatever has caused him to cancel, rumours are going to be running rife now.

gillybeanz Wed 13-Dec-17 13:42:45

I'm surprised that a whole tour would be cancelled due to ill health of a family member.
Professional entertainers continue whatever the situation and would just cancel one show if completely necessary.
The show must go on etc.

I do like him though and so sorry he feels he needs to cancel, I'm sure it's something serious for him to do this.

Thisnamechanger Wed 13-Dec-17 13:48:00

Professional entertainers continue whatever the situation

They really don't.

SoupDragon Wed 13-Dec-17 13:49:32

It must be really serious to cancel an entire tour. How awful for him.

GabsAlot Wed 13-Dec-17 13:55:14

i think its somone clos and must b bad to cancel so far in advance

hes doin the right thin family comes first

SchadenfreudePersonified Wed 13-Dec-17 13:57:09

I don't like him, though I wouldn't wish him any ill.

I do think though, that he has made a lot of money from his many fans, and owes a bit more than "private" to the hundreds of people who are going to be disappointed.

Not his fault, and yes, he is entitled to privacy, but he could surely reveal a little more - this would put people on his side rather than many online complaints.

Thisnamechanger Wed 13-Dec-17 13:58:39

owes a bit more than "private" to the hundreds of people who are going to be disappointed.

He doesn't.

LoverOfCake Wed 13-Dec-17 13:59:41

I imagine that rumours will be rife now. TBH I can't see how he will be able to keep quiet whatever it is, because reality is that if whatever it is is never revealed then it will only be a matter of time before this gets branded a publicity stunt given how long it's been since the last tour etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now