Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

You know those Lakeland heated airers..?

(36 Posts)
deathb4decaf Wed 13-Dec-17 10:11:33

Do they ever go on offer? I really do want one!

mommybear1 Wed 13-Dec-17 10:16:28

I wouldn't bother I was desperate for one for ages price dropped in their winter sale - huge disappointment did not dry clothes well/at all. Avoid.

HermionesRightHook Wed 13-Dec-17 10:19:50

I have a John Lewis one that was cheaper and I'm really happy with it. They're not a magic bullet, but it will dry a load overnight. You do need to rethink how you put stuff on it though - folding things thicker then you normally would if quite effective, for instance. Eg folding jeans into four and placing flat turning over halfway, is more effective than just hanging them like normal.

I like it, anyway, stuff takes forever to dry in our flat otherwise.

mrsm43s Wed 13-Dec-17 10:22:53

I have one and I think it's brilliant. Obviously takes longer than a tumble dryer, about 12 hours if lightly hung with 1 load, 24 hours if heavily loaded with 2/3 loads. I also have the cover,though, which massively improves performance. You might find it reduced by a few pounds in the sale, but I've never seen them heavily reduced.

afishnotabird Wed 13-Dec-17 10:26:19

Second the cover, not much better than a normal aired without it.

afishnotabird Wed 13-Dec-17 10:26:53

Airer. Wish I’d just written clothes horse, but was trying to be fancy grin

zzzzz Wed 13-Dec-17 10:30:09

This can be yours for less.

SilverDragonfly1 Wed 13-Dec-17 10:42:03

So after years of warning people not to cover these airers because it can damage the flooring with damp, they now sell a cover for 40billion pounds??? Bloody cheek! I'm using a duvet cover from now on!

Oblomov17 Wed 13-Dec-17 10:44:20

I have the Lakeland 3 tier one. I bought it years ago, and at the time, It didn't come with a cover. It is brilliant and dries stuff really well.
Never seen it in the sale though.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen them on offer (possibly £5/£10 off but nothing huge)

We have one at work (nanny) and it’s bloody excellent. Clothes dry overnight in a v cold utility room...it’s very handy and I really one one myself!

nhsworker123 Wed 13-Dec-17 10:57:52

I've not seen them on offer and was looking for about 18 months. We moved house and I have the luxury of an airing cupboard now so my search has stopped. One of my friends worked at Lakeland and adores his, he said they rarely, if ever, go on sale too.

ToadOfSadness Wed 13-Dec-17 11:14:11

I haven't seen them on offer.

I resented paying a fortune for the cover so managed without, putting the larger items over the top. Until I got tired of moving them about so they dried. Then got the cover. I still put items on the top of the cover and they dry.

Things do dry in them but not if you hang them on the rails, you need to lay them flat.

The whole thing is very rickety and wobbly, putting large things like bedding on the top of it instead of a cover can be time consuming unless you have lots of space to walk around it, which you can't because the lead is too short.

I have found it useful though.

deathb4decaf Wed 13-Dec-17 15:44:58

I had a funny feeling it’d be one of those things that never goes on offer! I have a tumble dryer with a sensor which doesn’t always dry things completely, so thought this would be good to use alongside.... plus some of my clothes could probably do with not being shoved in the dryer with everything else. smile Thanks everyone.

LurkingHusband Wed 13-Dec-17 15:53:38

We used to have one of these until DS broke it. Then we got a dehumidifier and never looked back. Seems better to take moisture out of the air than put it in hmm

When we did use it, it was a duvet cover over the top.

dubdurbs Wed 13-Dec-17 15:56:02

Keep an eye on Aldi and Lidl, they often sell similar heated airers

Sallycinnamum Wed 13-Dec-17 16:04:03

I echo the poster who said they're crap. It caused horrendous condensation in our dining room and the clothes took days to dry.

If you've got room get a tumble drier instead. It's one of the best things I've ever bought.

restbiterepeat Wed 13-Dec-17 16:08:09

When stuff overflows from the dryer I just shove it over the radiator.

I suppose this is yet another bad thing, up there with leaving the fairy lights on and pouring lukewarm water on a frozen windscreen.

SpartonDregs Wed 13-Dec-17 16:09:30

We have one, I am about to put two loads on overnight and they will be dry this time tomorrow. Bloody marvellous they are.

notanurse2017 Wed 13-Dec-17 16:12:20

I've had one for years. Love it. I don't use the official cover but a clean single bed sheet which does the job!

GrimDamnFanjo Wed 13-Dec-17 16:13:55

I got £20 off the mini deluxe version in the Black Friday sale. Not tried it yet though.

BearPear Wed 13-Dec-17 16:16:15

There was one on QVC about a month ago, a real Lakeland one with a cover, big discount and on easy pay. I regret not getting one.

deathb4decaf Wed 13-Dec-17 16:24:11

I’ll keep an eye on qvc- thanks

queenofthemountains Wed 13-Dec-17 16:42:36

I got the QVC one, its really good.

Dries a load overnight, the cover makes it much faster plus the cat loves it.

ohreallyohreallyoh Wed 13-Dec-17 16:53:00

Wouldn’t be without mine. They are a tool in your arsenal to get things dry. They are cheaper to use than the tumble drier. The bigger ones will hold a couple of average sized loads of washing so definitely more economical than tumble drying.

Order a catalogue as there’s usually a £5 off voucher on the back of them.

doyawannabuildasnowmaaaaaan Wed 13-Dec-17 18:09:40

I have one. I put a sheet over the top

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now