Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What is pooing in my porch? (Picture attached...)

(104 Posts)
GatoradesDream Tue 12-Dec-17 17:48:41

Over the past few weeks something has started pooing in my porch and on the wall next to it...it's getting worse and worse. What animal is it and how do I deter it?

Sorry for the disgusting photos....I'm desperate!

Gingernaut Tue 12-Dec-17 17:55:21

Fox or cat.

Redpriestandmozart Tue 12-Dec-17 18:11:38

Looks a bit loose for fox, cat maybe?

redfairy Tue 12-Dec-17 18:13:43

In my experience cat poo reeks whilst dog poo is 'nicer'. Take a sniff!

Japonicathehorseygirl Tue 12-Dec-17 18:14:40

Looks like cat poo to me

GatoradesDream Tue 12-Dec-17 18:15:59

It doesn't seem to smell, but maybe that's because it is so cold! This is 5 hours worth and it seems to come day and night, it's hideous. That picture is from a ledge which is about 20cm wide.

Japonicathehorseygirl Tue 12-Dec-17 18:17:01

You could try spraying area with citrus surface cleaner to stop it but best would be to keep watch and spray water at the offender

Justmuddlingalong Tue 12-Dec-17 18:22:22

Delivery driver? grin

fleshmarketclose Tue 12-Dec-17 18:28:16

Pigeon is my guess although there is nothing to give an idea of the size. We have monster size pigeons roost on our fence and the poo looks very similar.

Tangfastics Tue 12-Dec-17 18:33:35

I think it's cat poo

ToadOfSadness Tue 12-Dec-17 18:44:46

If it contains lumps of seeds, fruit pits, fur, feathers, bones or lumps of anything really it is fox poo. The texture and consistency will vary a lot as they eat what they can find.

They seem to like to poo in the same place each time and often on or next to a wall.

I find similar on our wall and the little one around the edge of the flowerbed, foxes cut through into our garden.

Assuming it is a similar size to cat or small dog poo that is.

ToadOfSadness Tue 12-Dec-17 18:47:55

Perhaps remove the scent with some pet urine cleaner like Simple Solution.

Ours stops for a while and then starts again but isn't in the porch so not as bad. Maybe someone nearby is feeding them.

PaxUniversalis Tue 12-Dec-17 19:02:43

Some people think it's cat poo. I'm not sure it is.

Don't cats usually bury and cover their poo? I would assume cats would go to the loo in the garden so they can scratch the soil, and not on top of a ledge.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 12-Dec-17 19:05:19

Don't cats usually bury and cover their poo?

Depends if they are having a battle over territory or not, which they usually are <bitter>

wowfudge Tue 12-Dec-17 19:05:30

I don't think a cat would leave its poo like that - they try to cover it up. If it was just during this cold snap then I'd say it was possibly a cat and they can't bury the stuff because the ground is frozen. More likely to be a fox.

Floralnomad Tue 12-Dec-17 19:06:22

I’d say cat , Fox poo absolutely reeks , it’s unmistakeable . We are surrounded by cats and none of them seem to bury any poo , they just shit wherever , whenever , disgusting animals .

Smoothyloopy Tue 12-Dec-17 19:07:40

Another one for cat

PaxUniversalis Tue 12-Dec-17 19:08:24

Squirrels?

Hassled Tue 12-Dec-17 19:09:15

Fox poo is a lot darker than that - almost black. But that looks too small to be cat poo - cats have quite sizeable turds for small animals. I'm baffled.

Mormont Tue 12-Dec-17 19:11:26

Cats (not mine)poo all over my lawn and make no attempt to cover it up.

XmasInTintagel Tue 12-Dec-17 19:12:12

If it contains lumps of seeds, fruit pits, fur, feathers, bones or lumps of anything really it is fox poo. The texture and consistency will vary a lot as they eat what they can find.
Yes OP, I think you need to shake some of it up in water and see what's in there, then provide the results grin

CastleFeck Tue 12-Dec-17 19:12:51

Our blackbirds do poos like that after eating berries at this time of the year.

LemonMousse Tue 12-Dec-17 19:14:01

I can't offer an opinion as I haven't a clue but I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the poo knowledge on here! grin

XmasInTintagel Tue 12-Dec-17 19:14:22

Whatever it is may be unwell and acting out of character, hanging around there for a bit of shelter perhaps?

ElfOneself Tue 12-Dec-17 19:15:36

I don't think its cat or fox. Its too small for fox and its not dense enough for cat. Its not hedgehog shape, could be squirrel as another poster mentioned
Im going bird though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now