Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Where can I find these bras in my size?

(37 Posts)
tectonicplates Tue 12-Dec-17 13:56:09

I'm now up to 30J, bordering on 32HH (seen doctor, nothing can be done). I just want to go to a shop and be properly fitted, but with the full choice and range of Fantasie and Freya bras that can be seen on their website and are sold online by Leia Lingerie, as I want to try them all on at once. I don't want to go to a shop where they only have one thing that fits because that's a very depressing experience.

Last time this problem happened, I ended up having to go all the way down to Bluewater in Kent to go to the Leia shop. They were very nice and helpful, but it's a ridiculous journey and surely in London there must be a showroom or something.

- Bravissimo are useless. I went there numerous times and they no longer seem interested in Freya and Fantasie, only having a couple of things now. They also don't sell the full range of sizes, and have told me on more than one occasion that they don't sell many bras in my size because there isn't enough demand. Besides which, I can't stand the place and find them very suffocating.

- None of the department stores (John Lewis, Debenhams etc) have anything in my size, or one if you're lucky.

- Rigby and Peller have nothing in my size apart from one or two Panache bras, a brand which I've always found very uncomfortable and scratchy. They sell some European brands up to J which is a size GG in British sizing.

- I seem to have exhausted London's supply of independent lingerie boutiques. I've been everywhere I can find, and they don't really have anything.

I don't want to have to buy the only thing in the shop that fits, or constantly buy stuff online which I then have to send back. I know what a properly fitting bra looks like. I just want to have a positive shopping experience which I've never really had since I went above a G cup.

Do I really need to go down to Bluewater again? Like I said they were very helpful, just that it turns into a whole day out which includes at least three hours of travelling.

DianaPrincessOfThemyscira Tue 12-Dec-17 13:58:01

Personally I have ordered 20+ bras from brastop before and returned all bar one. I wouldn’t spend a whole day travelling for a bra. I used to, way back when, but then there wasn’t an online option.

PinkHeart5914 Tue 12-Dec-17 14:00:37

Have you tried Curvy Kate? I am big busted myself and find the curvy Kate bras very good quality

You’d have to order online but you can return the parcels free of charge at the post office if they don’t fit

Everythingsr0sie Tue 12-Dec-17 14:04:47

I'm a 32hh too and use Curvy Kate a lot. But I do like Bravissimo so maybe not what you're after!

tectonicplates Tue 12-Dec-17 14:11:25

I have a couple of Curvy Kate bras that I do get from Brastop, but most of them don't fit. I'm already accustomed to buying hundreds of pounds worth of stuff and returning most of it, but it's getting ridiculous. I'm finding it so hard to find bras that fit and just for once I want to go to a shop like I used to. Brastop used to have a few shops but they closed them years ago.

HeyMacWey Tue 12-Dec-17 14:13:47

Do you have a local independent department store? They often stock freya and fantasie. Perhaps call some local shops up to see what they have in stock.

tectonicplates Tue 12-Dec-17 14:19:50

I know of a couple of those sorts of shops, but none of them go anywhere near a J cup. Besides which, why can't we have choice and variety? I used to love wearing beautiful underwear and it's becoming more and more difficult. Surely Leia would do well to have a shop in London?

MrsG841 Tue 12-Dec-17 14:25:50

Have you looked at Bravissimo. They have a shop in London and you can order online

furryelephant Tue 12-Dec-17 14:44:37

I’m the same size as you and found the only thing I could do was order from brastop sadthey were great with their free returns and exchanges and very quick though. I find the Curvy Kate smoothie fitted and now just get it in different colours!

furryelephant Tue 12-Dec-17 14:45:37

One other thing I’ve done is check what stock department stores or even independent ones have online, order as many as possible to store with the free delivery to store, try them on and return any that don’t fit there and then!

tectonicplates Tue 12-Dec-17 14:59:00

I'm sure Brastop must be getting sick of me!

I think I can feel a trip to Bluewater coming on, although it's probably horrendous in December.

I can't believe there is nowhere in the whole of London that has anything decent in my size. Everyone goes on about Bravissimo but they actually have very little choice, and Freya and Fantasie make quite a wide range of bras yet they don't seem to stock them anywhere. I've contacted them in the past to ask where to buy the bras in person and they can never come up with an answer.

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 12-Dec-17 15:02:03

DD1 is your size and she has been quite lucky with Debenhams on Oxford Street.

tectonicplates Tue 12-Dec-17 15:06:36

I've given up with Debenhams and all the department stores. They never have anything nice.

I wish there was some kind of independent bra fitter service where they come to your house and go through all your online purchases with you, and accept that online shopping is a necessity and a reality.

PetiteMarseillaise Tue 12-Dec-17 15:06:48

If Fantasie etc. make the style & size that you want to try and somewhere like John Lewis online stocks it, you could book a bra fitting (if you feel the need) and order online to try on in the shop - return any unwanted ones straight away.

Yes, a visit to a shop but guaranteed to have your sizes if you've done the order.

Aridane Tue 12-Dec-17 15:11:29

I am pretty much your size and Bravissimo have a good selection.

There is no charge for delivery by Bravissimo of items to their shops. So why not order a variety of bras in the sizes you think you are in the brands you like - including also trying Curvy Kate - book yourself in for a fitting, and try them.

To be honest, I haven't found elsewhere that does that size other than online.

Customer Services at Bravissimo - via phone - is very good and can talk you through how the sizes come up on the different brands.

I know you say you don't like Bravissimo - but they are probably the best that's out there for your size. And they'll order in for you to try.

NashvilleQueen Tue 12-Dec-17 15:12:41

I muse about a bespoke service where you provide your exact measurements and they then store them. You see a design you like and then they make it to your exact size and specification. So I don’t like pointy boobs and hate it when I order online and then it arrives and I’m like some 1950s starlet in it. I would pay any amount of money for a perfectly fiting bra in nice designs.

RapunzelsSplitEnds Tue 12-Dec-17 15:13:11

amplebosom.com go up to 52 N.

Aridane Tue 12-Dec-17 15:13:24

So I find 53 bras on the Bravissimo website in 30J - www.bravissimo.com/shop-by/size/30J-bras/?limit=All&page=1&sortBy=default&f_backsize[]=30&f_cupsize[]=j&f_size[]=30J

Aridane Tue 12-Dec-17 15:14:23

And 70 in 32HH - www.bravissimo.com/shop-by/size/32HH-bras/

Redken24 Tue 12-Dec-17 15:25:58

Ebay has loads x

tectonicplates Tue 12-Dec-17 15:33:43

But Bravissimo never have the bras I want. If you look on the Freya website and Leia you can see how many styles they make.

There have been bras that I knew for a fact were made up to J as I'd seen them on Brastop, yet Bravissimo only sold them up to GG and claimed there was no demand for it in larger sizes. That's exactly the sort of thing they're doing more and more of.

tectonicplates Tue 12-Dec-17 15:37:23

To everyone recommending EBay and other online retailers - the point of this thread was to ask about real life shops where I can buy these bras and have them looked at by a fitter.

tectonicplates Tue 12-Dec-17 15:40:24

I muse about a bespoke service where you provide your exact measurements and they then store them. You see a design you like and then they make it to your exact size and specification. So I don’t like pointy boobs and hate it when I order online and then it arrives and I’m like some 1950s starlet in it. I would pay any amount of money for a perfectly fiting bra in nice designs.

Like a bra version of Eshakti - sounds great! I once asked Rigby and Peller about custom-made bras and they said their prices start at £300 grin

BarbaraofSevillle Tue 12-Dec-17 15:56:29

Have you tried the Panache porcelain? I find it very comfortable for an 'everyday' bra and is sold by Bravissimo and lots of other places.

It's a t shirt bra with very thin padding, just for nipple coverage and smooth lines really, not extra volume.

Comes in a couple of different styles (balcony and plunge I think) and soft smooth fabric so not scratchy.

PanPanPanPing Tue 12-Dec-17 16:14:02

I don't know whether it was one of your earlier threads, tectonic, or someone else's. But have you tried Amelies Follies www.ameliesfollies.co.uk/ near Clapham Junction (well, a 10 minute'ish walk)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now